Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90568 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2022, 09:01:34 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Ridiculous to suggest Wood is worth three first round picks.

I’m not sure that 3 rookies sitting on the bench watching is a great  idea either, unless the plan is for 2 of them to spend the season in Maine?

« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2022, 11:16:32 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Ridiculous to suggest:

Langford, Nesmith and Pritchard
>
Wood

Nobody is going to just hand us a PF or PG in his mid-20s who can potentially become the 3 in a Big 3 of JT/JB/X. It is not happening. We are going to need to fork over 2-3 first-round picks to roll that dice, and that is if we are lucky.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 11:39:46 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2022, 05:08:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Ridiculous to suggest:

>
Wood

Nobody is going to just hand us a PF or PG in his mid-20s who can potentially become the 3 in a Big 3 of JT/JB/X. It is not happening. We are going to need to fork over 2-3 first-round picks to roll that dice, and that is if we are lucky.
Your ability to come up with wild strawmen to defend yet another terrible trade proposal is impressive.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2022, 10:34:28 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Ridiculous to suggest:

>
Wood

Your ability to come up with wild strawmen to defend yet another terrible trade proposal is impressive.

That’s two lottery picks and a late first. If JT/JB/Wood become a Big 3, the 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks will not be lottery picks. Houston realizes that if they agree to do the trade. Either way, those picks are over 1, 3 and 5 years into the future. And like all picks, there’s a ton of uncertainty about them. So heck yes I’d give them and Horford up for a cheap 26 year old PF averaging a double-double and one of the better backup frontcourt men in Theis. We need those two more than we need those future picks. The only downside is that we then no longer have picks we can deal if someone very valuable becomes unexpectedly available, but let’s face it: We won’t be able to fit such a salary and still maintain our depth. We can take a roll with Wood/Theis as our two new pieces, and then try to move those blown first-round picks in Langford, Nesmith and Pritchard, alongside some picks in the second-round, to try to get a real PG like McConnell. And still have quality depth in Smart, Richardson, G. Williams, and our starting center Timelord. Give it a couple years and if it does not work, we clearly then rebuild in 2-3 years by moving JT and/or JB. 

« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2022, 10:46:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
McConnell???

You mean you want to put the Boston offense in the hands of a very mediocre, small, back up PG that can't shoot threes?

Hard pass on McConnell as this team's starting PG. The Celtics need more than him running this offense.

« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2022, 07:41:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Ridiculous to suggest:

>
Wood

That’s two lottery picks and a late first. If JT/JB/Wood become a Big 3, the 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks will not be lottery picks. Houston realizes that if they agree to do the trade. Either way, those picks are over 1, 3 and 5 years into the future. And like all picks, there’s a ton of uncertainty about them. So heck yes I’d give them and Horford up for a cheap 26 year old PF averaging a double-double and one of the better backup frontcourt men in Theis. We need those two more than we need those future picks. The only downside is that we then no longer have picks we can deal if someone very valuable becomes unexpectedly available, but let’s face it: We won’t be able to fit such a salary and still maintain our depth. We can take a roll with Wood/Theis as our two new pieces, and then try to move those blown first-round picks in Langford, Nesmith and Pritchard, alongside some picks in the second-round, to try to get a real PG like McConnell. And still have quality depth in Smart, Richardson, G. Williams, and our starting center Timelord. Give it a couple years and if it does not work, we clearly then rebuild in 2-3 years by moving JT and/or JB.
So mortgage the most of the future (3 1st round picks PLUS 3 young cost-controlled players taken in the 1st round = 6 1st round selections PLUS some 2nd round picks) for Wood/Theis/McConnell...and if it doesn't work out (and it won't) trade away your best players...and sorry, you don't maintain any depth either. 

I'm glad you are not running this team.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:26:19 AM by Surferdad »

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2022, 01:55:29 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I felt this was worthy of Greenly's thread:

Boston trades: Horford, Richardson, Schroeder, Langford, Nesmith, 22 1st, 24 1st, 26 1st
Boston receives: Beal, Green, Bertans
Beal is reportedly open to the idea of a trade for the first time in a long time. Washington is fading quick. Celtics grab him and Bertans (as a reclamation project that is paid way too much, but that's the cost of getting Beal), and Jevonte Green back! Oh, and they are out of the luxury tax for this year.

Wizards trade: Beal, Bertans
Wizards receive: Beverly, Beasley, Prince, Langford, Nesmith, 22 Bos 1st, 24 Bos 1st, 26 Bos 1st, 22 Blazer 1st (from Bulls)
They get out of Bertans contract, get Beasley on a good contract as a 20 ppg scorer, and get 4 1sts and two prospects.

Wolves trade: Beverly, Beasley, Prince, 22 Washington 2nd
Wolves receive: Horford, Richardson, Thomas
Wolves get two veterans that fit right in their roster to give them depth for their playoff push.

Bulls trade: Green, Thomas, 22 Blazer 1st
Bulls receive: Schroeder, 22 Washington 2nd (from Wolves)
Bulls get a scoring 6th man for their playoff push and a valuable 22 2nd round pick (Wizards)

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2022, 02:10:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Boston trades: Horford, Richardson, Schroeder, Langford, Nesmith, 22 1st, 24 1st, 26 1st
Beal is reportedly open to the idea of a trade for the first time in a long time. Washington is fading quick. Celtics grab him and Bertans (as a reclamation project that is paid way too much, but that's the cost of getting Beal), and Jevonte Green back! Oh, and they are out of the luxury tax for this year.

Wizards receive: Beverly, Beasley, Prince, Langford, Nesmith, 22 Bos 1st, 24 Bos 1st, 26 Bos 1st, 22 Blazer 1st (from Bulls)
They get out of Bertans contract, get Beasley on a good contract as a 20 ppg scorer, and get 4 1sts and two prospects.

Wolves get two veterans that fit right in their roster to give them depth for their playoff push.

Bulls get a scoring 6th man for their playoff push and a valuable 22 2nd round pick (Wizards)
4 team, 12 player, 5 pick mid season trade?

Yup, very deserving of the Greenly trade thread.

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2022, 02:16:25 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

You are welcome, lol. Lot of moving parts but was a fun fan exercise to work through.

« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2022, 12:36:03 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

You are welcome, lol. Lot of moving parts but was a fun fan exercise to work through.

It feels good, right? It’s fun to fantasize, particularly when the franchise you love is stuck on the .500 treadmill for almost two years now…

« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2022, 12:40:41 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Passing on Kawhi when he was probably available for Brown is the one move that drives me bananas. I firmly believe we’d have won a title had we been the ones to trade for Kawhi instead of Toronto. And I’ve got a feeling joining the Bill Russell Celtics Pride Club would have resulted in him re-signing to have an epic rivalry with LeBron in LA. And Kyrie would have stuck with his enigmatic soul mate in Kawhi, keeping in mind we’d have a Big 3 of Kawhi/Kyrie/Tatum (anybody who thinks they’d rather have JT/JB today is in denial about how badly Danny botched his final years).

Frankly, if people wanna know why I want JB out of here so badly, it’s essentially because I know choosing JB over Kawhi in 2018-2019 is why the Raptors have more titles in the past dozen years than we do. The Raptors. Think about that. And I’ve got a feeling Kawhi/Kyrie would have been the enigmatic duo keeping us in title contention for years including today and many to come. With Tatum still being even more awesome than he is today because he’d be learning from Kawhi/Kyrie, not watching JB take his turn. So on that note…

The dudes who ran the Nets in 2013 are no longer around, so let’s keep it realistic about my preferences for dealing JB at the deadline (all to the West so he’s out of sight when watching the Celtics all but twice per year):

Top Preference
BOS In: D. Murray, Young
SAS In: Brown, Schröder

Why: Murray has the potential to be the next John Stockton. I absolutely adore him and think he would elevate Tatum to top fivedom, and improve the game of everyone around him (something Brown clearly does not do for us).

Second Preference
BOS In: Giddey, as many 1st round picks as we can get
OKC In: Brown, Schröder

Why: Let’s us have space to sign Beal as our number two with Giddey giving us a Big 3. Giddey has potential to be a poor man’s Magic Johnson, but that’s still an all-star PG who makes everyone around him better.

Third Preference
BOS In: Kawhi
LAC In: Brown, Schröder, 2+ firsts (no way to get Kawhi without them)

Why: Top five players win titles and usually cost a lot to obtain. The injury scares me, though, otherwise this would be the clear cut number one.

Fourth Preference
BOS In: Halliburton, Mitchell, Barnes, Len
SAC In: Brown, Schröder, Nesmith, Langford

Why: Halliburton has similar potential to Dejounte Murray. Mitchell is basically Smart’s younger brother. Barnes would be solid.

Fifth Preference
BOS In: Zion, Louzda, Satoransky
NOP In: Brown, Schröder, 3+ firsts (no way to get Zion without them)

Why: Zion is a ticket/jersey seller but I’m skeptical. Doubtful we’d have the shot, anyway.

Sixth Preference
BOS In: Towns
MIN In: Brown, Schröder, 2+ picks

Why: Not even sure I’d do this. Towns is kind of the big man version of Brown in my mind: Really, really good, but not great and doesn’t have the it that wins championships.

All of these moves probably give us better balance and better chemistry.

The hilarious part if the JKJB crew rule the day for a little over two more years: I bet heavily that JB jumps ship for LA or Miami when his contract is done if he finishes it in Boston (and we’ll still have fewer titles than the Raptors do in the past dozen years). And when that happens, guess who peaces out next: Yep, JT. And we’re left with Smart, Timelord and whoever we draft the next couple years. Real exciting to imagine, huh? But JKJB…

Unless Tatum loves Brown and wants to stick with him above all other options, we gotta do whatever it takes to make/keep Tatum happy or we’re up a creek in 2.5 years (that is, we’ll be longing for the days when JT/JB kept us consistently around .500 🤣)

« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2022, 07:19:54 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You can't turn back the clock Greenly.  But go ahead and tear down what's been built.

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2022, 07:41:13 AM »

Kiorrik

Passing on Kawhi when he was probably available for Brown is the one move that drives me bananas.

So a total hypothetical, that nobody in the entire world can probably confirm, even the parties that WOULD be involved in it ...

... is driving you nuts.

I hope you're mentally alright man. Cuz if THAT upsets you ... that's a lot.

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2022, 07:43:34 AM »

Kiorrik

In reference to my post above;

This is what upsets me about a lot of "would be trades".

There's SO many assumptions made. That people would've been available.

Like, even if WE think it'd be a fair trade, who says GMs would agree? Who says GMs would agree that our player is worth more than theirs?

We're so terrible at assessing players.

Even in a vacuum.

That's even if we ignore our green tinter glasses. That both make our players look way greener than they are, AND make opposing players look way better than they are.

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2022, 07:45:10 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Passing on Kawhi when he was probably available for Brown is the one move that drives me bananas. I firmly believe we’d have won a title had we been the ones to trade for Kawhi instead of Toronto. And I’ve got a feeling joining the Bill Russell Celtics Pride Club would have resulted in him re-signing to have an epic rivalry with LeBron in LA. And Kyrie would have stuck with his enigmatic soul mate in Kawhi, keeping in mind we’d have a Big 3 of Kawhi/Kyrie/Tatum (anybody who thinks they’d rather have JT/JB today is in denial about how badly Danny botched his final years).

Frankly, if people wanna know why I want JB out of here so badly, it’s essentially because I know choosing JB over Kawhi in 2018-2019 is why the Raptors have more titles in the past dozen years than we do. The Raptors. Think about that. And I’ve got a feeling Kawhi/Kyrie would have been the enigmatic duo keeping us in title contention for years including today and many to come. With Tatum still being even more awesome than he is today because he’d be learning from Kawhi/Kyrie, not watching JB take his turn. So on that note…

The dudes who ran the Nets in 2013 are no longer around, so let’s keep it realistic about my preferences for dealing JB at the deadline (all to the West so he’s out of sight when watching the Celtics all but twice per year):

Top Preference
BOS In: D. Murray, Young
SAS In: Brown, Schröder

Why: Murray has the potential to be the next John Stockton. I absolutely adore him and think he would elevate Tatum to top fivedom, and improve the game of everyone around him (something Brown clearly does not do for us).

Second Preference
BOS In: Giddey, as many 1st round picks as we can get
OKC In: Brown, Schröder

Why: Let’s us have space to sign Beal as our number two with Giddey giving us a Big 3. Giddey has potential to be a poor man’s Magic Johnson, but that’s still an all-star PG who makes everyone around him better.

Third Preference
BOS In: Kawhi
LAC In: Brown, Schröder, 2+ firsts (no way to get Kawhi without them)

Why: Top five players win titles and usually cost a lot to obtain. The injury scares me, though, otherwise this would be the clear cut number one.

Fourth Preference
BOS In: Halliburton, Mitchell, Barnes, Len
SAC In: Brown, Schröder, Nesmith, Langford

Why: Halliburton has similar potential to Dejounte Murray. Mitchell is basically Smart’s younger brother. Barnes would be solid.

Fifth Preference
BOS In: Zion, Louzda, Satoransky
NOP In: Brown, Schröder, 3+ firsts (no way to get Zion without them)

Why: Zion is a ticket/jersey seller but I’m skeptical. Doubtful we’d have the shot, anyway.

Sixth Preference
BOS In: Towns
MIN In: Brown, Schröder, 2+ picks

Why: Not even sure I’d do this. Towns is kind of the big man version of Brown in my mind: Really, really good, but not great and doesn’t have the it that wins championships.

All of these moves probably give us better balance and better chemistry.

The hilarious part if the JKJB crew rule the day for a little over two more years: I bet heavily that JB jumps ship for LA or Miami when his contract is done if he finishes it in Boston (and we’ll still have fewer titles than the Raptors do in the past dozen years). And when that happens, guess who peaces out next: Yep, JT. And we’re left with Smart, Timelord and whoever we draft the next couple years. Real exciting to imagine, huh? But JKJB…

Unless Tatum loves Brown and wants to stick with him above all other options, we gotta do whatever it takes to make/keep Tatum happy or we’re up a creek in 2.5 years (that is, we’ll be longing for the days when JT/JB kept us consistently around .500 🤣)

How many Leonard for Brown ideas have there been in the past.  I've often said, they're the same player, just Brown is coming into his own.  OK, well, Brown has now been in the league 6 years, so here's a comparison of Brown and Leonard's 5th year, because his 6th is in progress, enjoy.

https://stathead.com/tiny/iMqRT

#JKJB

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."