Author Topic: Senate Excempt from the Jab  (Read 11048 times)

Senate Excempt from the Jab
« on: October 03, 2021, 07:02:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
COVID-19 vaccines among all federal workers does not apply to members of Congress, the federal court system or their staffers.

Yahoo News.

https://news.yahoo.com/congress-exempt-biden-covid-19-145520977.html

All Congress house and senate excempt.

6000 white house members excempt.

2500 Pfizer employees.

1500 Moderna.

120,000 Johnson and Johnson.

15,000 CDC employees.

14,000 FDA employees.

8 million Chinese students in America.

2 million Illegals.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:14:34 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Senate Excempt from the Jab
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Weak
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 07:06:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It makes sense from a separation of powers standpoint.  This comes from an executive order, and the president cannot order Congress to comply.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:07:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
biden can order his own employees to get it (executive branch, basically). He can't order congress, the courts, or their employees.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 07:13:08 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
biden can order his own employees to get it (executive branch, basically). He can't order congress, the courts, or their employees.

That's because they are not Federal employees.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 07:15:32 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
It makes sense from a separation of powers standpoint.  This comes from an executive order, and the president cannot order Congress to comply.

Care to chime In on the CDC, FDA, and Chinese students.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:56:20 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 07:18:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Are you kidding me? No wonder why there's a chunk of people hesitant to take the vaccine. If their leaders are exempt from taking the vaccine, why should the people be forced to? If anything It just fuels theories that perhaps COVID isn't as deadly as previously thought.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 07:22:14 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

That's because they are not Federal employees.

They are part of the federal government, but they're not in the executive branch.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 07:29:09 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Care to chime I'm on the CDC, FDA, and Chinese students.

The executive order requires vaccines for all employees except to the extent prohibted by law:

"I have determined that to promote the health and safety of the Federal workforce and the efficiency of the civil service, it is necessary to require COVID-19 vaccination for all Federal employees, subject to such exceptions as required by law. ,,,

Each agency shall implement, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a program to require COVID-19 vaccination for all of its Federal employees, with exceptions only as required by law."

An executive order can't invalidate or contradict enacted law, so that exception is required. It will probably take the agencies a little time to figure out what the exceptions are - e.g., assuming someone can claim a religious exception when that will be granted. There are always fights on the edges of these policies, but the central thrust is as broad as you can get.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 07:58:04 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Does it make sense from a logical standpoint.

Definition of Except  Adjective.  free from an obligation or liability imposed on others.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

The executive order requires vaccines for all employees except to the extent prohibted by law:

"I have determined that to promote the health and safety of the Federal workforce and the efficiency of the civil service, it is necessary to require COVID-19 vaccination for all Federal employees, subject to such exceptions as required by law. ,,,

Each agency shall implement, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a program to require COVID-19 vaccination for all of its Federal employees, with exceptions only as required by law."

An executive order can't invalidate or contradict enacted law, so that exception is required. It will probably take the agencies a little time to figure out what the exceptions are - e.g., assuming someone can claim a religious exception when that will be granted. There are always fights on the edges of these policies, but the central thrust is as broad as you can get.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

This doesn't address the 10 million people between the Chinese students and Illegals.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 09:07:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

This doesn't address the 10 million people between the Chinese students and Illegals.

He’s President, not czar. Not dictator. He has limited authority. He can order agency employees to get the shot, and if they don’t they might be suspended or fired.

What law are you thinking he can invoke for Chinese students and undocumented people, and how is this going to survive a legal challenge? Even if he has authority to order this for foreign students (which I haven’t heard before) on what basis would he single out Chinese students. There’s no reason to do that. It would be arbitrary and capricious, and probably unconstitutional

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He’s President, not czar. Not dictator. He has limited authority. He can order agency employees to get the shot, and if they don’t they might be suspended or fired.

What law are you thinking he can invoke for Chinese students and undocumented people, and how is this going to survive a legal challenge? Even if he has authority to order this for foreign students (which I haven’t heard before) on what basis would he single out Chinese students. There’s no reason to do that. It would be arbitrary and capricious, and probably unconstitutional

Not only is he not a czar. He can't even go the the bathroom by himself.

Point is how can the people have confidence in the jab when the very people who endorse it the CDC  don't have to take it.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Care to chime In on the CDC, FDA, and Chinese students.

The link you shared only talks about Congress, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the CDC or FDA numbers.  But there aren’t even 15,000 CDC employees to begin with, so that seems wrong on its face.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 12:32:42 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This is maddening. But on a lighter note, is Kyrsten Sinema kinda hot? Or am I crazy?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC