Author Topic: Who is the modern day Bob Day of this site?  (Read 8883 times)

Who is the modern day Bob Day of this site?
« on: July 31, 2021, 06:44:25 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
First of all, RIP to Bob Day, if I understand correctly, he was the CelticsBlog Forum (Now known as CelticsStrong Forums), an "IT" guy for many years and has since passed away.

That said, I've had quite a journey recovering my username, and did so out of sheer luck. I sent multiple password recovery requests, that never came through. I then created a new username, but ultimately forgot that password -old age is apparently settling in here. From there I created another new username, but could never activate it because that verification email never came through. So there I was completely OUT from posting here for about a month or two, and perhaps some were happy about that, not sure because I got no response from any moderators on the problems I was having.

I got lucky, a security breach in my password keychain lead me to go through each password within, and I found a hint through a password redundancy warning as to what this password is. The level of excitement I got from recovering this username after a year and a half reached embarrassing levels.

It's good to be back, as JSD. My question is, who is the contact around here now for things like password recovery and problems with the site? Also, I'd like to advise people here that evidently no new people can create a username and post here. Thanks
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Who is the modern day Bob Day of this site?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 07:05:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Maybe Byennie or Kiorrik?

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:19:29 AM »

Kiorrik

I've got admin access so could possibly help!

I'm a bit spotty though ;)

Hey - question!

Anyone still getting those religious ads? I don't think I've seen them at all in a while.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Hey - question!

Anyone still getting those religious ads? I don't think I've seen them at all in a while.
There is a catholic survey on my computer right below your post.  It said something about god and gay pride previously so I'm still getting those pop ups.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 08:10:16 AM »

Kiorrik

Hey - question!

There is a catholic survey on my computer right below your post.  It said something about god and gay pride previously so I'm still getting those pop ups.

Wait, below it? Not in the sidebar?

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Byennie. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes