Author Topic: Plea for an ignore button...  (Read 20383 times)

Re: Plea for an ignore button...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Please add a block feature so I do not have to see ridiculous new threads and posts started by Trolls who hate our team. I am getting less inclined to visit this site that I love and sick of having to see new Trolls pop up here daily without ability to block them from my feeds.

They are becoming more common lately and it is out of hand. Is there any talk of this feature being added soon?

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't understand what is so hard about scrolling past (and not responding to) the posts you do not want to read.

Yeah, it's more eye-rolling than anything else. Although the new guy who started several new ridiculous threads last night isn't helping.

I'll say I'm still a lot more annoyed by the fact that this site's advertising is entirely based on hardcore christianity/religion, and that has been a lot more of a turn-off than annoying posters. I get that people may be more religious than I am - and that's fine - but it's a sports site, not a platform to push religious beliefs.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 10:07:52 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
I hope also that more the season will go, more coherent post and more real fans will be there to debate. I guess ungry people have more patience in their intentions than people who endorse our positive identity.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I do not think there is a dev team behind this site. I had big hopes when this forum broke off from Celtics Blog because of the hoorah rah that went with it. I've come to accept and appreciate that this is just a small community of the most diehard Celtics fans hanging out in an old unkept clubhouse. We come from all walks of life so our perspectives widely vary.

The reality is this site earns money from ad revenue which I assume is right around what it costs to keep this site online.

I dislike lots of things about this place but I accept them because I really enjoy talking Celtics with crazy fans like myself. I disagree with most everyone here and even poke fun of the admins...all in good fun.
ok fine

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 10:29:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I don't understand what is so hard about scrolling past (and not responding to) the posts you do not want to read.
Yeah, it's more eye-rolling than anything else. Although the new guy who started several new ridiculous threads last night isn't helping.

I'll say I'm still a lot more annoyed by the fact that this site's advertising is entirely based on hardcore christianity/religion, and that has been a lot more of a turn-off than annoying posters. I get that people may be more religious than I am - and that's fine - but it's a sports site, not a platform to push religious beliefs.
Lots of browsers have an adblock function nowadays.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 10:32:03 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
You know? I look at some of these posters and get the feeling it's the same guy with four different accounts.

In this way he can give himself Tommy Points which is something I've only been able to dream about.

Statistically speaking, how could this board, having been relatively troll free for the last bit of the plague...suddenly get infected with 5 or 6 new "downers".

It's hard to "sell despair" but, these guys are giving it their best shot.

(Conspiracy theory = It's the same guy)

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 01:46:08 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Couldn't stop laughing when i read the title of the subject.  ;D

I guess I don't spend enough time reading posts.  I do agree some subjects are "out-there"
Some of us like pushing-the-envelope I guess...

In short....it doesn't bother me; I can always move on to the next subject.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 02:51:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Couldn't stop laughing when i read the title of the subject.  ;D

I guess I don't spend enough time reading posts.  I do agree some subjects are "out-there"
Some of us like pushing-the-envelope I guess...

In short....it doesn't bother me; I can always move on to the next subject.
i asked for an ignore-button years ago. it would make this place a lot more palatable and pleasant to read.

please add that option. it appears in a number of other sites i know of.

thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Plea for a ignore button...
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Devil’s advocate:  why not just skip posts without reading them?

I’m probably on here more than any other member, and I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve skipped over thousands and thousands of posts.

I’m 100% sympathetic, btw. Some of the repetitive, negative posts (particularly about Jaylen and Hayward) get old.
angel's advocate: why not simply click on the ignore button, then you never have to read them?  ;D

i'm probably on here less than many other members, and i'm not ashamed to say that i've had to read before skipping over thousands of terrible posts by the same people, thereby creating irritation over wasting my time again and again.

i am 100% sympathetic. some of the repetitive, negative posts (particularly about smart) get old.

;D

many thanks to roy for his inspiration. he gets tps from me for the next week.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 03:57:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don’t think it’s that serious. I enjoy reading trolls as it’s nice for a little chuckle

Opposing viewpoints should be welcome in my opinion. Otherwise we will have a echo chamber of ideas

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For the regulars here, you know who is going to write inflammatory posts. Do what I do. Look at who is posting the post first and if it's one of those people who write those inflammatory things, skip it.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
For the regulars here, you know who is going to write inflammatory posts. Do what I do. Look at who is posting the post first and if it's one of those people who write those inflammatory things, skip it.
It's tough to skip the inflammatory posters when you are interested in the responses to those posts.

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's tough to skip the inflammatory posters when you are interested in the responses to those posts.
I never said it was easy! 😋😄

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 04:48:43 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I can attest that many of my posts have been edited or deleted.  The NCE distinction has completely banned many of us from contributing on many important topics simply because our world view may not resonate in the party line echo chamber.  An ignore button could be utilized by the offended individuals and allow the continuation of an important dialogue.

Wear the NCE label proudly. Never been kicked out of any forum anywhere else and I go back to Usenet and portals and been involved in politics for over 50 years. Even Saltlover got ejected of all people.

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I can attest that many of my posts have been edited or deleted.  The NCE distinction has completely banned many of us from contributing on many important topics simply because our world view may not resonate in the party line echo chamber.  An ignore button could be utilized by the offended individuals and allow the continuation of an important dialogue.

Wear the NCE label proudly. Never been kicked out of any forum anywhere else and I go back to Usenet and portals and been involved in politics for over 50 years. Even Saltlover got ejected of all people.

my recollection is that Saltlover left on his own accord and so did Monkhouse I believe.