Author Topic: Pick A Player Goalie Average Game  (Read 22584 times)

Pick A Player Goalie Average Game
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
** Thought this might be fun, and we actually have a season now, with the Bruins doing pretty well. Basic rules will be the same, and we'll tweak as we go, (if needed). If there's not much interest, then I will discontinue it. I'll start the ball rolling a little early, but after this first game, picks will not be made until midnight of that day's games, as in the other Pick-A-Player games. Hope you'll hop on and play! **

** Play PAPTSG - Go Bruins! **

JANUARY 26, 2013

Bahku - Jaroslav Halak, St. Louis Blues:

** I'll be adding some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:29:26 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Pick A Player Total Saves Game
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
bump

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
bump

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

** Thought this might be fun, and we actually have a season now, with the Bruins doing pretty well. Basic rules will be the same, and we'll tweak as we go, (if needed). If there's not much interest, then I will discontinue it. I'll start the ball rolling a little early, but after this first game, picks will not be made until midnight of that day's games, as in the other Pick-A-Player games. Hope you'll hop on and play! **

JANUARY 26, 2013

** I'll be adding some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
bump

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

JANUARY 26, 2013

dark_lord-devan dubnyk-oilers

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

JANUARY 27, 2013

Bahku - Craig Anderson, Ottawa Senators:

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

JANUARY 27, 2013

dark_lord- ryan miller- sabres

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

PAPGAG!

2013 REGULAR SEASON

JANUARY 26, 2013

Dark_Lord - Devan Dubnyk, Edmonton Oilers: 22 Saves  (26 SOG, .846) 

"Zamboni"

Bahku - Jaroslav Halek, St. Louis Blues: 20 Saves  (22 SOG, .909) 

Recap:

One TP paid to Dark_Lord for the win, (one owed - thanks for joining, DL), one TP (hopefully, in the future) paid to Joe Schmoe for the second-place score, and the Zamboni Prize, (the hockey version of the doody), not paid to Bahku, (no need).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Week's Winners:  (Void List)

Dark_Lord - Devan Dubnyk, Edmonton Oilers: 22 Saves  (26 SOG, .846)

Current Wins List: 

Dark_Lord - 1.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHL Stats Home Page

* Injury Updates *

NHL Player Index

NHL Weekly Schedule

NHL Daily Scores/Results

NHL Standings

* PAPOUG - Play Now! *

** I'm going to change this up just a bit, as it occurred to me that "Total Saves" might not be the best way to determine a goalie's superior performance on a given night, and that an inferior goalie might end up with more saves due to the fact that he's facing a more dominant team, which takes more shots on goal than their opponents do.

Therefor, from now on I think we'll use the percentage stat, (similar to batting average), and that will give a slightly better representation of the best performance each night, and not penalize a player/goalie for simply picking/being on a better defensive team. The stress is more on ability this way, I believe, than shots-on-goal, and that's really what the focus should be.

In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be total saves. I kinda like the PAPGAG, (Pick A Player Goalie Average Game), acronym better as well ... for rather comedic reasons, of course. Please let me know of any thoughts/improvement ideas you might have. **

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:47:26 PM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Pick A Player Goalie Average Game
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Thought this might be fun, and we actually have a season now, with the Bruins doing pretty well. Basic rules will be the same, and we'll tweak as we go, (if needed). If there's not much interest, then I will discontinue it. I'll start the ball rolling a little early, but after this first game, picks will not be made until midnight of that day's games, as in the other Pick-A-Player games. Hope you'll hop on and play!

** I'm going to change this up just a bit, as it occurred to me that "Total Saves" might not be the best way to determine a goalie's superior performance on a given night, and that an inferior goalie might end up with more saves due to the fact that he's facing a more dominant team, which takes more shots on goal than their opponents do.

Therefor, from now on I think we'll use the percentage stat, (similar to batting average), and that will give a slightly better representation of the best performance each night, and not penalize a player/goalie for simply picking/being on a better defensive team. The stress is more on ability this way, I believe, than shots-on-goal, and that's really what the focus should be.

I kinda like the PAPGAG, (Pick A Player Goalie Average Game), acronym better as well ... for rather comedic reasons, of course. Please let me know of any thoughts/improvement ideas you might have. **

** Play PAPGAG - Go Bruins! **

JANUARY 27, 2013

dark_lord - Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres:

** I've added some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:49:20 AM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

Thought this might be fun, and we actually have a season now, with the Bruins doing pretty well. Basic rules will be the same, and we'll tweak as we go, (if needed). If there's not much interest, then I will discontinue it. I'll start the ball rolling a little early, but after this first game, picks will not be made until midnight of that day's games, as in the other Pick-A-Player games. Hope you'll hop on and play!

I kinda like the PAPGAG, (Pick A Player Goalie Average Game), acronym better as well ... for rather comedic reasons, of course. Please let me know of any thoughts/improvement ideas you might have. **

JANUARY 27, 2013

33-00-32 - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils:

** I've added some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be total saves. I kinda like the PAPGAG, (Pick A Player Goalie Average Game), acronym better as well ... for rather comedic reasons, of course. Please let me know of any thoughts/improvement ideas you might have. **

JANUARY 27, 2013

33-00-32 - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils:

** Another TP to DL for the win, and one to TZT for joining ... thanks for signing on, guys, I honestly didn't expect anyone. I've added some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:47:51 PM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

JANUARY 28, 2013

Bahku - Dan Ellis, Carolina Hurricanes:

** Results up later. I've added some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 06:23:45 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

JANUARY 28, 2013

Bahku - Dan Ellis, Carolina Hurricanes:
33-00-32 - Kari Lehtonen, Dallas Stars:

** Results up later. I've added some helpful links on the first results page ... let me know what you think, or if I leave something out you feel would be helpful. Thanks. **
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

PAPGAG!

2013 REGULAR SEASON

JANUARY 27, 2013

Bahku - Craig Anderson, Ottawa Senators:  .971  ( 33 S / 34 SOG ) 

Dark_Lord - Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres:  .900  ( 27 S / 30 SOG )

"Zamboni"

33-00-32 - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils:  .875  ( 28 S / 32 SOG ) 

Recap:

No TPs paid to Bahku for the win, (don't worry about it), one TP paid to Dark_Lord for the second-place tally, and the Zamboni Prize, (the hockey version of the doody), paid to 33-00-32, (Bruins picks always get TPs from me as well).

Last Week's Winners:  (Void List)

Bahku - Craig Anderson, Ottawa Senators:  .971  ( 33 S / 34 SOG )

Dark_Lord - Devan Dubnyk, Edmonton Oilers: ,846  ( 22 S / 26 SOG )

Current Wins List: 

Dark_Lord - 1, Bahku - 1.

NHL Stats Home Page

* Injury Updates *

NHL Player Index

NHL Weekly Schedule

NHL Daily Scores/Results

NHL Standings

* PAPOUG - Play Now! *

In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be total saves, and perfect scores will get triple TPs and points. First place each day gets the amount of players in TPs, and double the amount of players in points, (as in the other games). I kinda like the PAPGAG, (Pick A Player Goalie Average Game), acronym better as well ... for rather comedic reasons, of course. Please let me know of any thoughts/improvement ideas you might have. **

* BAHKU MUSIC *