Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Heat (2-0) ECF Game #3 9/19/20  (Read 58861 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Heat (2-0) ECF Game #3 9/19/20
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
So today is game 3 and then Wed game 4?  ;D

Why is the league doing this

I think they want to get both Conference Finals on a similar schedule. Earlier, they were trying to get games done in case there were positive covid tests. Now that there are 1/4 of the teams remaining and obviously the stakes are high so everyone will/should behave, they are confident they will be good the rest of the way.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

....if Gordy doesn’t play tonight and we lose, then there is no point to play him on Game #4.  Just send him home....

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2020, 02:59:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I think they want to get both Conference Finals on a similar schedule. Earlier, they were trying to get games done in case there were positive covid tests. Now that there are 1/4 of the teams remaining and obviously the stakes are high so everyone will/should behave, they are confident they will be good the rest of the way.

Yeah, they also don't want to go up against Monday Night Football, so no games on Mondays.

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Today's Refs:  Zach Zarba,  Eric Lewis

None of the 3 referees for today's game stand out as being bad refs.  Zach Zarba is one of the better referees in the league.  Both teams are 6-4 in their last 10 games with Zarba as an official.  He called Game 1 vs PHI and Games 2 and 7 vs TOR.  Game 7 was one of the better officiated games in the playoffs.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 with Lewis while the Heat are6-4 in their last 10.  Lewis called PHI Game 4 and TOR Game 5.  The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 with Fraher and the Heat are 5-5.  Fraher called Game 1 vs PHI. 

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Today's Refs:  Zach Zarba,  Eric Lewis

None of the 3 referees for today's game stand out as being bad refs.  Zach Zarba is one of the better referees in the league.  Both teams are 6-4 in their last 10 games with Zarba as an official.  He called Game 1 vs PHI and Games 2 and 7 vs TOR.  Game 7 was one of the better officiated games in the playoffs.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 with Lewis while the Heat are6-4 in their last 10.  Lewis called PHI Game 4 and TOR Game 5.  The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 with Fraher and the Heat are 5-5.  Fraher called Game 1 vs PHI.

Getting a fair shake on the whistle will be big tonight. Maybe Kemba, Tatum and Brown get to the line tonight.

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Just concerned...Erik Spoelstra is undefeated in the playoffs when the Heat is leading a series at 2-0.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2020, 05:26:04 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Yeah, they also don't want to go up against Monday Night Football, so no games on Mondays.

I never understood this. For the last few years ESPN has buying the absolute worst matchups for Monday Night. You have to wonder if they ask the NFL for a discount.

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
For the Celtics, it all seems to come down to the 3rd quarter.

If they build a first-half lead and lay another egg in the 2nd half...

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Contain Adebayo and the Celtics can control the boards. As Kanter showed in game 2, besides Adebayo, the Heat lack size inside.

So I advocate Robert Williams to start and make life a bit more difficult for Adebayo and then you bring in Theis and Kanter to punish them inside. Let Kanter do his work in the paint and give him help with rim protection by playing Theis next to him.

Like Kanter/Adams was a great duo in Oklahoma, I think Kanter/Theis can be as well. Kanter has that talent and size in the post, while Theis can be the intelligent help. Sorry Kelly Olynyk: but good luck to you handling that.

Minutes distribution something like this:

Walker 35
Smart 35
Brown 35
Tatum 35
Robert Williams 25

Wanamaker 15
Hayward 20 (if Gordon isn't ready, then give some of these minutes to Grant Williams, in any case: no Ojeleye)
Theis 25
Kanter 15

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Contain Adebayo and the Celtics can control the boards. As Kanter showed in game 2, besides Adebayo, the Heat lack size inside.

So I advocate Robert Williams to start and make life a bit more difficult for Adebayo and then you bring in Theis and Kanter to punish them inside. Let Kanter do his work in the paint and give him help with rim protection by playing Theis next to him.

Like Kanter/Adams was a great duo in Oklahoma, I think Kanter/Theis can be as well. Kanter has that talent and size in the post, while Theis can be the intelligent help. Sorry Kelly Olynyk: but good luck to you handling that.

Walker 35
Smart 35
Brown 35
Tatum 35
Robert Williams 25

Wanamaker 15
Hayward 20 (if Gordon isn't ready, then give some of these minutes to Grant Williams, in any case: no Ojeleye)
Theis 25
Kanter 15

I like this plan a lot.  I think the C's should live with whatever weakness there is with Kanter, as he has two ways to make up for it...rebounding and inside scoring.  Now and then when they score easily it may not look good...but I believe not panicking and pulling guys out as soon as they're in is the right approach.  Make Miami adjust...don't play so much defense.  Punish them!!  I'm okay with Grant getting a few minutes...but I worry his superior defense is not worth it in this series...as I think Robert Williams can offer the same effect on defense with less effort and less fundamentals, but overall equal or better effect due to simply to size and athleticism.

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2020, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Walker 35
Smart 35
Brown 35
Tatum 35
Robert Williams 25

Wanamaker 15
Theis 25
Kanter 15

Yes, whatever they do, please no Semi again in these playoffs!

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Gordon Hayward (ankle) is still expected to play in Game 3 on Saturday, but he will come off the bench with a minute-limit.
Celtics coach Brad Stevens didn't fully commit to Hayward playing, saying, he'd warm up and "we'll see." Barring a setback, though, it sounds like Boston will get some welcome firepower back in their second unit, as they try to avoid a dreaded 3-0 hole in the series.
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celtics have to play closer to 80s pistons but not cross the line if they want to win tonight

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2020, 07:49:20 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Scal just deconstructed some plays from Game 2 where he showed how Tatum complaining to officials about not getting calls led to Adebayo dunks off the pick and roll because he wasn't in position, wasn't committed to helping Theis and Kemba as the help defender, and even after the Heat had scored he was STILL complaining to the refs!  :-\

The whole complaining to the refs just takes him out of his game. He was lackadaisical the next couple of plays while still chatting to the ref. The guy's not going to change his mind. Suck it up and move on to the next play!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Celtics have to play closer to 80s pistons but not cross the line if they want to win tonight

I wish. Unfortunately 80's Pistons style basketball would get you banned for life in today's NBA