Author Topic: Thomas " I may never speak to Danny Again"  (Read 18408 times)

Thomas " I may never speak to Danny Again"
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
"Boston is going to be all love," Thomas told Sports Illustrated. "I might not ever talk to Danny again. That might not happen. I'll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. That's not right. I'm not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too."

Thomas' comment about what he "went through" was a reference to his efforts in helping the Celtics reach the Eastern Conference finals despite losing his sister to a car accident the day before the playoffs began, and then playing through a right hip injury that ultimately sidelined him.

Despite his efforts, he was traded to the Cavs in the Kyrie Irving blockbuster.

Ainge, the Celtics' president of basketball operations, has cited the uncertainty about Thomas' injury and his impending free agency next summer as two reasons for making the deal. But Thomas says he's still puzzled over it.

"None of it made any sense," Thomas said, according to SI. "It still doesn't make any sense. I'm still asking, 'What the hell happened?' It's a trade you make in NBA2K. It's not a trade you make in real life."

Re: Thomas " I may never speak to Danny Again"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I get what Danny did hurts the fan base, but he made a good move for the Celtics. I highly doubt Ainge is going to rue the day he traded IT and other pieces for Kyrie.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Boohoo IT4 playing the victim card. Celtics did not make IT4 play. He wanted to play. Quit twisting it around to make it look like Boston is the enemy.

And secondly, PP34 and KG would never complain about getting traded. They never complained about Danny Ainge. IT4 needs to learn to suck it up. First bragging about a max contract, then getting frustrated over a trade getting injured etc, and now he's whining he should've never played = ????? He's definitely getting his big ego from LeBron already. Stay with LBJ and the Cavs and enjoy that eventual dumpster fire lol.

Loving every second of that Kyrie trade.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
This is a childish stance. A GM doesn't keep their job by getting bogged down with sentimentality. IT would be foolish to have not done the same in DA's position.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
"Boston is going to be all love," Thomas told Sports Illustrated. "I might not ever talk to Danny again. That might not happen. I'll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. That's not right. I'm not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too."

Thomas' comment about what he "went through" was a reference to his efforts in helping the Celtics reach the Eastern Conference finals despite losing his sister to a car accident the day before the playoffs began, and then playing through a right hip injury that ultimately sidelined him.

Despite his efforts, he was traded to the Cavs in the Kyrie Irving blockbuster.

Ainge, the Celtics' president of basketball operations, has cited the uncertainty about Thomas' injury and his impending free agency next summer as two reasons for making the deal. But Thomas says he's still puzzled over it.

"None of it made any sense," Thomas said, according to SI. "It still doesn't make any sense. I'm still asking, 'What the hell happened?' It's a trade you make in NBA2K. It's not a trade you make in real life."

sleazy move by Danny......but also a cold hearted calculated move for the better

IT4 went from being Boston chosen son to nobody wanting him (between Celts and Cavs) the next

Its a modern day Cinderella story

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:38:45 PM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Of course he's mad leaving the best fan base in sports. This is all his beef is about. We worshiped him, he loved it. He gave his all to the franchise because it helped fuel what we thought of him. He knows he'll never get that feeling again. He's bitter.

End of the day he's still rich and I'm still a Celtics fan.
ok fine

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Of course he's mad leaving the best fan base in sports. This is all his beef is about. We worshiped him, he loved it. He gave his all to the franchise because it helped fuel what we thought of him. He knows he'll never get that feeling again. He's bitter.

You summed it up perfectly!TP
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

You summed it up perfectly!TP

Yep TP.

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
I'm 100% fine with IT on this, especially because he clarifies that its nothing but love for the rest of Boston. People are allowed to dislike their old bosses, especially when they do the equivalent of firing you. Fans have to let IT be mad at Danny...it also makes a better narrative IMO.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
This seems so much like the 01/02 team that Ainge broke up that everyone was hoping would breakthrough. If it wasnt for Brown and the Nets picks Im not sure how much different this team was than that team and I believe Ainge felt the same way thus the immediate comment about good but not great players.

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
And secondly, PP34 and KG would never complain about getting traded. They never complained about Danny Ainge.

Didn't Danny talk with both of them about the Brooklyn trade?  They had to agree to it before hand.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I wonder what Danny’s call to IT the day he was traded was like...

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
And secondly, PP34 and KG would never complain about getting traded. They never complained about Danny Ainge.

Didn't Danny talk with both of them about the Brooklyn trade?  They had to agree to it before hand.

Yes cus KG had a no trade clause if I recall correctly.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
A lot of times I see fans on the board try to "dehumanize" sports and I think it's a ridiculous notion. Not everyone is a fan because of geography, I for example am a Celtics fan because of Pierce and how he fought for his team. I respected that drive to become better and destroy opponents for his team and yes he became rich while doing it but that doesn't mean he didn't "bleed green".

I.T. bled green by every definition of the term, he gave his all and then some for this team. So even though Danny may have made the "right" decision, that doesn't mean we have to trivialize someone's sacrifice by saying, "oh he's rich" or "it's the business of basketball".

If I.T. had won a title in Bean Town it would be 10 times bigger than our better, but manufactured team. Only 4 guys on this team fought through our rebuild... and even now Smart doesn't have an extension offer. Winning is great, but winning with your guys is even better.

Much love I.T. ... It'll always be love.

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I wonder what Danny’s call to IT the day he was traded was like...

It went down like this...

IT was on vacation I believe travelling in a vehicle when he got the call from Danny.  Initially IT thought Danny was just checking up or possibly going to inform him on another player being traded. 

Danny and IT exchanged brief pleasantries before Danny cut to the chase "IT, Im calling to tell you I've traded you to the Cavs for Kyrie".  Danny goes on to talk about everything IT has meant to the Celtics and Boston but IT cuts him off short "Thank you for what your saying but I really just have to let you go".  Conversation ends, it was brief and to the point.