Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 576121 times)

johnnygreen, Who, 86MaxwellSmart, SparzWizard, blink, libermaniac, Donoghus, GreenEnvy, NextCeltic34, celticsclay, mr. dee, j804, Emmette Bryant, hpantazo and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7695 on: May 08, 2024, 10:31:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Siakam 7-18 FGA for only 14pts 2ast. He does have 9reb. But he has gotta be better on offense. Especially after Anunoby went down and NY had nobody who could defend him.

M Turner (6pts 7reb) and Nesmith (6pts) had very bad games as well. Those three guys were no-shows for Indiana today.

« Reply #7696 on: May 08, 2024, 10:32:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
This Knicks team is so impressive. With all of the injuries they have/had in this game to be able to pull this out is something. They just play so much harder and smarter than everyone else. And Brunson is just insane. I'd be lying if I said this team doesn't scare me a bit.

Don’t scare me at all. Too small to handle the Celtics.

When they actually play a functioning defense, they're going to have a lot tougher time scoring, let alone playing an offense that is better than anything they've played yet.

« Reply #7697 on: May 08, 2024, 10:33:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
With the additional injury to Anunoby, if the Pacers could just string together enough good plays to win ONE game, they might end up winning by attrition & injuries
Yep. Knicks now down:

- Randle (2nd best player)
- Anunoby (3rd best player)
- M Robinson (starting caliber center)
- Bogdanovic (high end bench scorer)

Three of their best forwards. That is why they only have guards and centers to play now.

The loss of Anunoby is a huge win. Gives Indy a real chance of coming back in this series.

« Reply #7698 on: May 08, 2024, 10:34:03 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
This Knicks team is so impressive. With all of the injuries they have/had in this game to be able to pull this out is something. They just play so much harder and smarter than everyone else. And Brunson is just insane. I'd be lying if I said this team doesn't scare me a bit.

I'd have to go back and look at the box score but if memory serves they beat us up pretty badly on the boards the last time we played (and they smacked us down).

« Reply #7699 on: May 08, 2024, 10:35:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Brunson had 29pts in 32min.

His injury and missing PT helped break his streak of 4 straight 40pt playoff games.

« Reply #7700 on: May 08, 2024, 10:38:14 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503
With the additional injury to Anunoby, if the Pacers could just string together enough good plays to win ONE game, they might end up winning by attrition & injuries
Yep. Knicks now down:

Three of their best forwards. That is why they only have guards and centers to play now.

The loss of Anunoby is a huge win. Gives Indy a real chance of coming back in this series.

If New York keeps running their guys 42+ min every game, someone else is getting injured, it is the same thing that happened in Chicago to Tibbs as well.  With Anunoby with the hamstring injury I can't see him playing the next game.   So Achiuwa starts for OG, and they have 1 sub left who ever gets minutes McBride.  So if McBride is your 6th man are you ok?

but the way the 3 guards for NY is shooting, JB-DD-JH are so confident they probably think they could win with just those 3.

« Reply #7701 on: May 08, 2024, 10:47:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970

I'd have to go back and look at the box score but if memory serves they beat us up pretty badly on the boards the last time we played (and they smacked us down).

I mean, it was the third to last game of the season, and we only played our main guys because it was a national tv game and we couldn't rest them. We clearly weren't engaged for that game and beat them the other four times we played them this year. Given those factors and the significant injuries they're dealing with - especially if OG is now out - I don't think they're a realistic threat, not anymore so than say Cleveland.

« Reply #7702 on: May 08, 2024, 10:49:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 708
  • MASTER OF PANIC

That was a meaningless game the last week of the season. Look at the previous 4 match ups where the Celtics won.

Knicks are playing a 6 man rotation. No way they stay with the Celtics and esp if KP is back.

« Reply #7703 on: May 08, 2024, 11:11:00 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
With all the injuries between the Knicks, Pacers, and Cavs...there really is no excuse for the Celtics to not make the Finals. They'll get KP back but even so they have JT, JB, and defensive dogs in White and Jrue and the deep bench.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7704 on: May 09, 2024, 01:59:08 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I feel NY would need to outscore us from 3 in order to have a chance. They do have better shooters than Miami.

« Reply #7705 on: May 09, 2024, 03:14:23 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Knicks fans chanted "We Want Boston" after their Game 2 win over the Pacers.

Looks like everyone has Boston circled on their hitlist.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7706 on: May 09, 2024, 05:31:48 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

I guess they don’t realize that all they did was what they were suppose to and win at home…embarrassing

« Reply #7707 on: May 09, 2024, 05:46:13 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2560

Knicks can only compensate for their current lack of overall talent with aggressiveness.
On the plus side, it could benefit the Cs to play an aggressive team that plays D, is excellent in the 4th, O-rebounds well, and won’t let up. NY will create stressful moments for Celtics fans and they have requisite hatable characters. All that will create some adversity that could be good for the Cs.  The downside is increased likelihood of injury. Tired, aggressive teams wil play physically and desperately, especially if there is a talent discrepancy. While injuries can happen against anyone I think it’s more likely v. a team like the Knicks.

All that said, the Cs still have talented team to get past in Cleveland.  It’s far from over and I hope the players stay focused - tonight’s a big game.

« Reply #7708 on: May 09, 2024, 05:47:39 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

With the Heat and Cavs it made some sense to do the chant since we were already locked in and they had basically already won... in this case they're being really dumb. I hope it gives the Pacers some extra motivation and comes back to bite them next series
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7709 on: May 09, 2024, 05:55:36 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
Yep. Knicks now down:

to be fair though, when your coach plays guys 42-48minutes a game, this is what happens. Knicks better hope this doesnt go 6, becuase this team is going to be beat to hell and tired if they face boston