Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 8982 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
If I'm the Lakers players and organization I'm not happy at all with this.

LeVar says he's not speaking for Lonzo. But how do we know this? How do we know that Lonzo isn't leaking anything to his dad?

The fact that Lonzo doesn't get out in the media and vehemently deny this stuff just gives it legs. It undermines the entire organization.

And it tells me he's either a snake or a coward.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 03:12:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lonzo had better grow some 'balls' and tell his old man to shut the heck up.   I said it before he ever became a pro, and it's only proving to be more and more true.

But if wants to let his father act like an idiot and take him and the Lakers down with him it's fine by me.

He will never do that

Ball kids are scared if lavar lol

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 04:51:37 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
NM.

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2018, 04:55:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just trade lonzo ...problem solved.

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Magic sold his hate of the Lakers former front office with the willing help of the media,  found an dummy ....Jeannie Buss to fall for his rhetoric he pushed on TV at every chance.   She fell for the non sense , return to Showtime glitter of her dads era.

She is nothing but a rich girl , not qualiifed to run a Burger King .

Now Magic is dumb enough to buy i to Lavar. " Mr Haney " of basketballs trash talk and take his son in the draft . 

Kuzma and Ingram are the best players on the team . not Lonzo

Maybe the correct answer is for Jeannie BUsT to put on grown up pants and fire Magic and trade Lonzo and put the franchise back on a clear course , instead of a pipe dream
I wouldn't go that far but its starting to become apparent that Magic blew his first major move to rebuild the Lakers.  I'm not sure how much trade value Ball has because Lavar is part of the package.  If you deal him you're not getting equal value back.  And if you keep him, you have one giant headache that's not going away anytime soon. 

Re: Lavar ball: "lakers dont want to play for luke walton"
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2018, 05:14:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I can’t imagine being the son of this bloviator and allowing him to continue to talk and make every decision for me.

Poor kid.

I’d say “punk kid”. He’s a man. He should speak for himself, and stand up to his father.

Well... 20 years old is a young man.  Can't say that I could put myself in his shoes.  It's possible that Lonzo argues with his father in private. He also might love his father and/or feel indebted and loyal to him -- that would be understandable, wouldn't it?    If Ivanka wants Donald to stop tweeting, what would she do?  Tell him to knock it off, and if he doesn't, what do you do? -- tell him you hate him, tell him he's ruining your life, and then stomp away?   Lonzo has a tough row to hoe with this dad, and standing up to him may come with complex consequences that maybe he is/ maybe he isn't ready to handle.  The fact that he's playing NBA ball, and is still a promising player, is impressive.  He seems to be doing pretty well under the circumstances.

And how in the world do any of us know that Lavar is still making every decision for Lonzo?  I'll bet anything that this isn't true.   

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 05:33:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
as much as i'm glad to hear the Lakers having to deal with this, I still can't stand the fact that i'm going to hear about this for the next 20 yrs.

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Magic sold his hate of the Lakers former front office with the willing help of the media,  found an dummy ....Jeannie Buss to fall for his rhetoric he pushed on TV at every chance.   She fell for the non sense , return to Showtime glitter of her dads era.

She is nothing but a rich girl , not qualiifed to run a Burger King .

Now Magic is dumb enough to buy i to Lavar. " Mr Haney " of basketballs trash talk and take his son in the draft . 

Kuzma and Ingram are the best players on the team . not Lonzo

Maybe the correct answer is for Jeannie BUsT to put on grown up pants and fire Magic and trade Lonzo and put the franchise back on a clear course , instead of a pipe dream

Are you kidding? They already have the showtime coach cant you see Luke has the Pat Riley hair and suits down. Now they have the assist first PG like Magic. Give it time, give it time. lol.

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

LeVar says he's not speaking for Lonzo. But how do we know this? How do we know that Lonzo isn't leaking anything to his dad?

The fact that Lonzo doesn't get out in the media and vehemently deny this stuff just gives it legs. It undermines the entire organization.

Does Lonzo have an agent? Is it Lavar?

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Just trade lonzo ...problem solved.

Yeah, and what idiot GM will take this problem player/Dad combo?

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I believe some of the criticism against Lavar and his family is unwarranted BUT his comments HERE are unnecessary and not true.

Lakers - when completely healthy - are a competitive team on most nights. But Ingram has been hurt, Lopez and Lonzo have been hurt as well and that has resulted in the losing streak.
Lonzo being hurt has been beneficial for their team, he's a constant negative.

Also, they were only competitive when they had their easy start to the year. Against actual decent opposition they've shown how trash they truly are
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Lavar ball: "lakers dont want to play for luke walton"
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
I can’t imagine being the son of this bloviator and allowing him to continue to talk and make every decision for me.

Poor kid.

I’d say “punk kid”. He’s a man. He should speak for himself, and stand up to his father.

Well... 20 years old is a young man.  Can't say that I could put myself in his shoes.  It's possible that Lonzo argues with his father in private. He also might love his father and/or feel indebted and loyal to him -- that would be understandable, wouldn't it?    If Ivanka wants Donald to stop tweeting, what would she do?  Tell him to knock it off, and if he doesn't, what do you do? -- tell him you hate him, tell him he's ruining your life, and then stomp away?   Lonzo has a tough row to hoe with this dad, and standing up to him may come with complex consequences that maybe he is/ maybe he isn't ready to handle.  The fact that he's playing NBA ball, and is still a promising player, is impressive.  He seems to be doing pretty well under the circumstances.

And how in the world do any of us know that Lavar is still making every decision for Lonzo?  I'll bet anything that this isn't true.

A much better example would be if Ivanka was tweeting offensive things and then Trump was afraid to tell her to stop.

Lonzo was the #2 pick in a stacked NBA draft. LeVar is a mouth. Lonzo has the real power here.

All Lonzo has to say is "My father is highly opinionated and I strongly disagree with those positions, they do not reflect my own, I fully support this coach and organization. I have privately urged him to stop making disruptive statements like these."

If LaVar can't handle a little rebuke like that then Lonzo should flat out disown him. Cause people like that don't change and aren't worth the time. And on top of that Lonzo IMO is in legitimate danger of having his career ruined.

Seriously.

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2018, 07:07:18 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Does Lonzo have an agent? Is it Lavar?

Harrison Gaines, who is basically a friend of the family and started his agency to represent the Ball brothers.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/28/lonzo-ball-agent-lakers-nba-draft-lavar-ball-harrison-gaines

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Lonzo is looking more like a snake than a coward right now.

When asked if he liked playing for Walton, and if Walton is a good coach, he replied:

"I'll play for anybody."

This feeds the narrative that his dad might in fact be speaking as his mouthpiece after all.

I listened to the whole interview and he offered a couple token praises for the coach and team, but IMO didn't sound very sincere. There is something in his demeanor (sullen entitlement?) that makes me think he's not much of a leader.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-lonzo-ball-on-whether-he-likes-luke-walton-as-a-coach-ill-play-for-anybody/

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
*Insert “I love this song” meme*