Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 294279 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #3885 on: May 31, 2023, 01:28:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I think it does get weirder for him to be talking trash when his team is no longer a juggernaut and just got out of a much more disappointing season than the Celtics did. And if you want to talk about problems moving forward the warriors have way more issues than we do. It’s not even certain draymond will be there next year

« Reply #3886 on: May 31, 2023, 03:15:02 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Something that isn't being discussed as much. How is Tatum's injury now? Because honestly, if his ankle injury was severe enough that he'd have to miss some of the early Finals games, then we might have been screwed anyways even if we won Monday night. No chance we'd win the Finals if he had to miss 1-2 games against that Denver team.

Some people are saying it's a high ankle sprain and he's hobbling now after a day or two of swelling, which if so would have meant he'd miss close to a week at minimum.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3887 on: May 31, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I think it does get weirder for him to be talking trash when his team is no longer a juggernaut and just got out of a much more disappointing season than the Celtics did. And if you want to talk about problems moving forward the warriors have way more issues than we do. It’s not even certain draymond will be there next year
No Draymond, No Rings

« Reply #3888 on: May 31, 2023, 04:35:12 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Maybe next time we can send Draymond wine and roses when enters the arena. Our home court advantage is gone though so maybe we need to try something else anyways.

« Reply #3889 on: June 05, 2023, 01:51:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3890 on: June 05, 2023, 01:55:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3891 on: June 05, 2023, 01:59:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He’s the worst..

Draymond Green is glad to see Celtics fans suffer

“Boston Celtics fans will make excuses, and I ain’t hearing none of that. Because y’all rude, and I’m happy y’all lost,” Green said. “Not happy JT lost, but Boston Celtics fans, especially those of you that are in that arena.” Green didn’t stop there. The 33-year-old went on to critique the Celtics’ Game 7 performance. “The Boston Celtics are who we thought they were. They got to the moment, and they did not look like they were ready for the moment,” Green said. – via Sports Illustrated

What's Draymond doing? Fishing I guess. Hit anyone lately Draymond?

That's interesting for two reasons.  1.  I get the fan critique, but why'd he add the last bit about the players?  I thought he was friends with JT and JB, in particular; and 2.  What's his excuse for why the Warriors lost to the Lakers?

4 rings.

When out of those 4 rings, three different players win Finals MVP and you aren’t one of them… you’re basically a role player.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3892 on: June 05, 2023, 04:29:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Phoenix Suns are hiring Jazz associate GM David Fizdale as an assistant coach, sources tell ESPN. Suns made a significant financial play for Fizdale and drew upon his history with new coach Frank Vogel and GM James Jones. Fizdale is a former HC with Knicks and Grizzlies.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3893 on: June 05, 2023, 08:50:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
He’s the worst..

“Boston Celtics fans will make excuses, and I ain’t hearing none of that. Because y’all rude, and I’m happy y’all lost,” Green said. “Not happy JT lost, but Boston Celtics fans, especially those of you that are in that arena.” Green didn’t stop there. The 33-year-old went on to critique the Celtics’ Game 7 performance. “The Boston Celtics are who we thought they were. They got to the moment, and they did not look like they were ready for the moment,” Green said. – via Sports Illustrated

That's interesting for two reasons.  1.  I get the fan critique, but why'd he add the last bit about the players?  I thought he was friends with JT and JB, in particular; and 2.  What's his excuse for why the Warriors lost to the Lakers?

4 rings.

When out of those 4 rings, three different players win Finals MVP and you aren’t one of them… you’re basically a role player.
so is Klay Thompson a role player? or Manu Ginobili?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3894 on: June 05, 2023, 08:53:38 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
He’s the worst..

4 rings.

Yes they are the poster childs of role players. Neither one of them leading a championship team.
ok fine

« Reply #3895 on: June 05, 2023, 08:59:57 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
He’s the worst..

4 rings.

Yes they are the poster childs of role players. Neither one of them leading a championship team.
So to be clear, in your view there are something like 10 players that aren't role players in the league today?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3896 on: June 06, 2023, 01:51:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He’s the worst..

4 rings.

Is anyone who can’t lead a team to a title at best a role player?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3897 on: June 06, 2023, 02:49:15 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Just saw somebody's Top 10 players in 5 years times

1. Luka Doncic
2. Victor Wembanyama
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Zion Williamson
5. Giannis
6. Nikola Jokic

Doncic being #1 is a stretch, plays no defense whatsoever. Wembanyama who hasn't sniffed a single second in the NBA is already above Tatum, wow. Zion is above Giannis and Jokic? I think that guy's list is a joke lol.

Jokic and Giannis at least belongs in the Top 3 with Tatum. Then we can debate who should be number 1.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3898 on: June 06, 2023, 02:54:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

1. Luka Doncic
2. Victor Wembanyama
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Zion Williamson
5. Giannis
6. Nikola Jokic

Doncic being #1 is a stretch, plays no defense whatsoever. Wembanyama who hasn't sniffed a single second in the NBA is already above Tatum, wow. Zion is above Giannis and Jokic? I think that guy's list is a joke lol.

Jokic and Giannis at least belongs in the Top 3 with Tatum. Then we can debate who should be number 1.
I always find these kinds of lists a bit silly. Did many think Jokic would be the best player in the world in 2018? Or Tatum as a top 5 level guy?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3899 on: June 06, 2023, 04:10:36 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

1. Luka Doncic
2. Victor Wembanyama
3. Jayson Tatum
4. Zion Williamson
5. Giannis
6. Nikola Jokic

I always find these kinds of lists a bit silly. Did many think Jokic would be the best player in the world in 2018? Or Tatum as a top 5 level guy?

I thought Tatum had the top 5 potential after his rookie season, I think that was a majority position at the time, especially around here.