Author Topic: Admit it, You'll Watch Knicks Basketball to See JR & Billy  (Read 1731 times)

Admit it, You'll Watch Knicks Basketball to See JR & Billy
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:46:46 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Celtics 2008 investments are gone. They weren't cheap. I wonder if Knicks coveted either one of them. Billy intrigues me, he still has upside. Playing under Mike D'antoni should help them, not much thinking just go and run. Will see if Doc was right all along not developing them.

Re: Admit it, You'll Watch Knicks Basketball to See JR & Billy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:12 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
They won`t get minutes...they are just not good enough...

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:34:11 AM »

Kiorrik

Good point. Billy in Mike's system might be a win. You know what, I opened the topic to have a look and tell you that I would definitely NOT be watching them. However, I never thought I'd be saying this but you just convinced me:

I will be watching Knicks games.

(don't we play them after this road stretch?)

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:57:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Absolutely, I'm looking forward to seeing them get some playing time. Particularly Giddens.

They won`t get minutes...they are just not good enough...
I don't know about that. The Knicks are fairly bare on the wings after losing Jeffries + Landry. I think they have a shot at getting a small amount of playing time. Irregular minutes but some minutes.

I expect the Knicks to use this type of rotation:

Starters: Duhon + Chandler + Gallinari + McGrady + Lee
Bench: Sergio + House + Harrington

D'Antoni likes short rotations. He'll be perfectly happy with an eight man rotation. I expect he'll use one of the other reserve players -- Douglas, Giddens, Walker, Bender, Curry -- depending on need + matchups.

Considering, the three current bench rotation players are two point guards and a power forward, I think Giddens + Walker have a shot at being next in line because they are the only natural wing players. Taking over some of the playing time Landry was getting. That type of role.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 06:44:27 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
giddens imo is not an nba player and unless something happens in his brain will never be

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't think either one is an NBA player.  I won't be watching.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I will be watching the Knicks from time to time to see Eddie, but I don't think JR and Billy will get in their rotation.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:37:25 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Uh, no.

Giddens is on the fast track out of the league. Walker, who knows? I really don't care either way.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 08:43:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I won't be watching the games but I'll check the box scores to see how House, Giddens and Walker make out this year.  Wish them all the best and hope they all succeed in furthering their careers. 

Will also give people with doubts about Doc's ability to recognize young talent another chance to see if Doc's right or wrong about Giddens and Walker.  They have the athleticism to play.  The question is can a different coach get them in their comfort zone during a game where they can produce. 

Pruitt was the first instance to see if Doc's evaluation skills were off.  If Giddens and Walker also fail (although this is a very short window for them to show they belong elsewhere), I'll be man enough to admit Doc might have a clue after all.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
No chance I'm watching any Knicks games...unless John Starks comes walking though that door.