Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 580100 times)

knuckleballer, celticinorlando, green_bballers13, tazzmaniac and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7755 on: May 10, 2024, 12:12:25 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
OKC is getting ready to lose a home game by double digits after shooting poorly from the three point line while the Mavs have had control and been in the lead the vast majority of the game.

Are we going to lose our minds and say they're clearly not winning the series either now, or does that only work for the C's?

« Reply #7756 on: May 10, 2024, 12:14:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I was posting in the wrong thread! Oops.

Luka is so smart. Any advantage he finds. Anytime the defender is off balance or slightly out of position. So quick to find and exploit mistakes.

Kyrie Irving only 2-8 FGA for 7pts but has 11ast 2stl and 2blk. Not like he was jacking shots either. Just played a steady team game. Kyrie has been strange in this year's playoffs.

Impressive but ... strange. Anti-Kyrie.

Big win for Dallas. On the road. Series tied 1-1.

They got a real chance at taking OKC out.

« Reply #7757 on: May 10, 2024, 12:24:22 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
OKC is getting ready to lose a home game by double digits after shooting poorly from the three point line while the Mavs have had control and been in the lead the vast majority of the game.

Are we going to lose our minds and say they're clearly not winning the series either now, or does that only work for the C's?

Dallas can upset OKC though lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7758 on: May 10, 2024, 04:05:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402

Only works for the Cs...because we're Cs fans and insecure  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #7759 on: May 10, 2024, 06:32:25 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

They’re playing a team that is actually good my friend. So no. Cavs absolutely stink and haven’t won a road playoff game in years, they weren’t even competitive in Orlando in the first round. Inexcusable.
Celtics once again bought into their own hype after winning game 1…they’re pathetic.

« Reply #7760 on: May 10, 2024, 01:53:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
https://x.com/malika_andrews/status/1788940232857165833?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

While I want and think the TWolves will win the series - particularly because I think Minny is a better matchup than Denver for us - I do hope Denver wins tonight and makes this a more competitive series, as the Ant/TWolves hype is getting out of hand after winning a single series and beating a gimpy Denver team.

« Reply #7761 on: May 10, 2024, 04:09:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

They’re playing a team that is actually good my friend. So no. Cavs absolutely stink and haven’t won a road playoff game in years, they weren’t even competitive in Orlando in the first round. Inexcusable.
Celtics once again bought into their own hype after winning game 1…they’re pathetic.

I'd say CLE when healthy is on a par with DAL. Not a big fan of either team. Good teams but neither are great teams. But I agree entirely, without Jarrett Allen, CLE are nowhere near the standard that DAL is currently at. A .500 team vs a 50-55 win team.

« Reply #7762 on: May 10, 2024, 04:14:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
It is interesting seeing the success of Minnesota and Boston. Some of the similarities between the two teams.

They both have two of the best players in the NBA in Ant and Tatum. Interesting both American born in a time when many foreign players have been taking over the NBA (Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, Doncic).

Both guys are superstars but both teams are winning because they are loaded with talent throughout their roster. The media wants their superstar narrative so they keep looking to sell Tatum & Ant. Ant is scoring the ball better so they are looking more towards him.

But in both cases, they are to dismissive of the talent around these two guys. Not giving enough credit for Boston's supporting cast of Jaylen, Porzingis, Jrue, D-White or bench mob. Or to Minnesota's Towns, Gobert, McDaniels, Conley or their bench mob. In both cases, they want to make it all about the star player ... and neither team is about that. They are actual teams. They are well balanced and deep. They play together. Work together. On both ends of the floor.

But that is not a narrative they want to sell. They only want to sell their superstar narrative. That is where the money is. In promoting individuals and not teams. So Ant vs Tatum. And Ant is scoring the ball much better at the moment so he is the guy getting more attention.

« Reply #7763 on: May 10, 2024, 05:42:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 892
  • GOT IT!!!
If Denver is going to win a game it will be tonight, days rest for Murray.

« Reply #7764 on: May 10, 2024, 07:26:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
NY started Achiuwa. Good idea.

I think they need him to matchup with Siakam. Maybe not all game long but at least for a good chunk to stop him from getting too comfortable attacking those smaller defenders (DiVincenzo, J Hart).

« Reply #7765 on: May 10, 2024, 07:29:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I like Miles McBride.

He is not a player with much potential beyond his current status because his passing is too limited for me to see him as a future starting PG ... but I like him as a backup guard. He has good speed, athleticism & strength. He competes hard defensively. He has a good perimeter jump-shot. He can score a bit.

Good bench player.

« Reply #7766 on: May 10, 2024, 07:35:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Myles Turner vs Isaiah Hartenstein. Who is better?

Defense: M Turner is the better shot-blocker but I prefer Hartenstein as an overall defender. He is more physical. Better able to body up physical centers. He is also more fundamentally sound with his positioning off ball to be in position to provide quality help defense.

Rebounding: Hartenstein > M Turner

Offense: M Turner has a much better scoring package. He has a very good three point shot. He has a good mid-to-long range two point shot. I would say Hartenstein has a better short shot range with that nice floater of his. Not sure there is a difference in interior finishing. Turner has a better one-on-one post game. Hartenstein is a vastly superior passer both in terms of interior passing and high post passing. Hartenstein is a better rim roller.

The are pretty close talent wise. Not much difference between the two. Hartenstein has really come on as a player. NY are going to have to pay him a load of money this offseason to keep him.

« Reply #7767 on: May 10, 2024, 07:42:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Oh good, Brunson is back. NY weathered that injury scare and kept the score close. Stopped Indy from pulling away.

Jericho Sims came on as a backup big. I wondered if they would use a backup big today or just extent Achiuwa's minutes. Have Achiuwa mix between PF on Siakam and backup center. Looks like they are hoping to use him for extended minutes at PF on Siakam. Sims as backup center.

Also looks like Alec Burks was about to check in late in Q1. So they are going to use an 8 man rotation with Burks and Sims replacing Anunoby and M Robinson in the rotation. Big drop-off in quality there.

Burks yet another SG. What is he 6-5 215lbs? So two short chunky PGs. Then 3 SGs. And 3 centers. Only legit center and two PF sized players who lack forward skills and are forced to play center as a result. No real forwards in their rotation. Guards and centers.

« Reply #7768 on: May 10, 2024, 07:47:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
If Denver is going to win a game it will be tonight, days rest for Murray.

Hard to see Denver winning another game this season. They've been stymied by the Wolves night in and night out.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7769 on: May 10, 2024, 07:49:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
DiVincenzo is having himself a ball-game.