Author Topic: Bruins Playoff Support Thread  (Read 14662 times)

Bruins Playoff Support Thread
« on: April 15, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
It's playoff time around these parts, and that deserves most of our attention.  The Sox are sucking so obviously people will also be griping about that.  We can't forget about our roommates at the Garden, the Bruins.  The playoffs start tomorrow and it is very exciting.

The Garden would be a magical place if both teams go far into the playoffs.  They can feed off of each other and the city from night to night.  Here's hoping the B's go far, and that they crush those [dang] Canadiens in the first round.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Bruins Playoff Support Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
It's playoff time around these parts, and that deserves most of our attention.  The Sox are sucking so obviously people will also be griping about that.  We can't forget about our roommates at the Garden, the Bruins.  The playoffs start tomorrow and it is very exciting.

The Garden would be a magical place if both teams go far into the playoffs.  They can feed off of each other and the city from night to night.  Here's hoping the B's go far, and that they crush those [dang] Canadiens in the first round.

You get a TP from me now and for every Bruins playoff game win. I should have done this thread sooner, and I can't wait for Thursday!

LET'S GO BRUINS!
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Paul says GO BRUINS!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I love playoff hockey.  I hope they play the Flyers in the next round, so that I can get to a game.  Past playoff failures have conditioned me to have low expectations, but I love this group of players.  Go, Bruins! 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Another playoff series against the Habs?  That's the one team I never want to see in the playoffs.  I don't care how good the Bruins are playing, I always feel like they're the underdogs in this rivalry - I'll be happy if they can make it out of the first round.  Honestly, I gave up on the Bruins a while ago - just no continuity with the players, no one like Bourque or Neely that can sustain themselves as the face of the franchise for a decade or longer - but that's more of a testament to the new NHL than the team, I suppose.

I support the Penguins, a franchise that, through extreme luck in draft lotteries, has thrived as a blue collar sport in a blue collar town.  If Fleury can stay hot (or at least just not revert to his early-season form) then they've got a legit chance to make it back to the Finals.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Missed the first game, do you guys know if these games will be nationally televised? Last year it was very dificult to catch a game on tv.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Great game last night.  Lot of emotion out there.  Bruins looked flat in the 2nd period and the first part of the third but they really turned it up a notch in the last 10 minutes or so.  Montreal really strugged to get it into Boston's zone and that power play goal by Chara was a laser.  It's great to have playoff hockey here.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 10:04:33 AM »

• Don Chaney

You get a TP from me now and for every Bruins playoff game win. I should have done this thread sooner, and I can't wait for Thursday!

4/16/09

Boston 4, Montreal 2

TP #1 for ma11l

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 10:06:11 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Missed the first game, do you guys know if these games will be nationally televised? Last year it was very dificult to catch a game on tv.

Not all of them, unfortunately.  It's disgusting the lack of NHL coverage there is. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not all of them, unfortunately.  It's disgusting the lack of NHL coverage there is. 

Watching ESPN, you'd think the NHL doesn't exist anymore.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

The NHL pulls down XFL style ratings when nationally broadcast.  I don't blame the major networks for turning them down when they can show a poker tournament which would secure the same ad revenue for 1/10th of the cost.  While it sucks for the fans, I think it's good for hockey in general - bump the sport down the national rankings, force the teams to reconnect with their blue collar fans, and rebuild the connections they lost through the lockout.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

4/16/09

Boston 4, Montreal 2

TP #1 for ma11l

I like how this is going to work out.  Here's hoping there's 15 more.  Solid game last night.  I was a little worried when they came out flat in the beginning of the third but overall they were clearly the better team on the ice.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Very sweet go ahead goal.  They could have hung they're heads a bit after the crossbar shot and circus save on the deflection, but they kept attacking.  They smelled blood on the power play. 

Very obligatory fighting by Montreal at the end.  You could see their heart wasn't really in the fighting, but they felt like it was the thing to do.
Yup

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

not all of them.  they are being carried on the VS network

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »

• Don Chaney

4/18/09

Boston 5, Montreal 1

TP #2 for ma11l