Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144633 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2016, 11:25:10 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Still no workout for Maker? Surely we take him at 16 if he is still there?? (Although I'm high on Deyonta and Korkmaz)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2016, 10:07:10 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Marc Spears

Greek 7-2, 275 pound center Georgios Papagiannis is working out for Suns today & has workouts with the Celtics, Bulls and Pistons up next.

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Marc Spears

Greek 7-2, 275 pound center Georgios Papagiannis is working out for Suns today & has workouts with the Celtics, Bulls and Pistons up next.

Thanks Eddie! TP! I'll add it to the doc.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2016, 03:28:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Former Kansas F Cheick Diallo works out tomorrow for the Celtics, source tells @SNYtv

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Still no workout for Maker? Surely we take him at 16 if he is still there?? (Although I'm high on Deyonta and Korkmaz)

He'll definitely be there at #16, and we definitely won't take him there.  #23 could be an option, but I don't think Danny will even consider him until the 2nd round
I'm bitter.

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The problem with Maker is he's a few years from being a few years away, but he's also probably not a draft and stash possibility.

He needs to go to a team with lots of roster spots and plenty of patience. But at the same time, if he ends up on the Sixers or the Lakers or something, he probably won't develop at all.  He'll be overseas in two years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Read that we worked out Isaiah Taylor before. He could be a summer league steal kind of a guy. Elite, elite quickness, ball-handling and defense. Few players can get to any spot on the floor like him. No semblance of a jump shot though.
DKC Suns

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Former Kansas F Cheick Diallo works out tomorrow for the Celtics, source tells @SNYtv
So Cheick Diallo and Dyshawn Pierre are getting two workouts? Hmmmm...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:20:57 PM by Global Celtic »

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2016, 06:22:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Diallo and Deshawn Pierre are getting two workouts? Hmmmm...

Oh sorry I messed that up, with Pierre. I didn't see I already had him on the list. He should only be there once.

Also, they're not getting 2 workouts. I think I made the doc a little unclear. It's just, when I put them in the doc, I'm putting them in by the order that I saw the news (normally the same day it's reported). It's not sorted by actual workout date (which would probably be better, in hindsight). Maybe I'll do that for next year, if I decide to do this again next season.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2016, 07:01:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Time for a 4/13 and 3/16 swap when Phoenix falls in love. Then try to move into the top 10 again.

Or just take Bender at 3, which would be my preference.

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Diallo and Jamal Murray working out today. Love those two guys. Diallo can be an elite shot blocker and defensive presence, and I simply cannot see Jamal Murray failing in the NBA with that combination of talent, work ethic and youth.
Murray is the pick at 3 (even the Sixers love him!).

« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Diallo and Deshawn Pierre are getting two workouts? Hmmmm...

Oh sorry I messed that up, with Pierre. I didn't see I already had him on the list. He should only be there once.

Also, they're not getting 2 workouts. I think I made the doc a little unclear. It's just, when I put them in the doc, I'm putting them in by the order that I saw the news (normally the same day it's reported). It's not sorted by actual workout date (which would probably be better, in hindsight). Maybe I'll do that for next year, if I decide to do this again next season.

TP for doing this...it looks like a lot of work...thanks!

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 10:47:41 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Time for a 4/13 and 3/16 swap when Phoenix falls in love. Then try to move into the top 10 again.

Or just take Bender at 3, which would be my preference.

Rather keep 13 and 23 than use 13 and 23 to move up to like 10 or whatever.  13 spot is as good as 10 in this draft.  (unless Danny is a Poetl guy) (hoping for Zizic at 23)  (This draft is stash heaven compared to many drafts, and happens in a year we have a lot of picks)

I admire your courage in supporting Bender.  He's still high in the world of professional mocks, but on Celtics blog he's down around pick 9 or something.  I think Bender will have a good career.  Better than Olynyck.  I don't trust that he's going to ever be much on offense, but I think he's going to be appreciated by whatever team takes him.  He absolutely belongs next to Drummond, or Cousins, or Marc Gasol, etc...  In a small ball lineup I guess you could have someone like Draymond, Bass, hopefully Mickey, ZBo, etc...at center next to him.   Other guys at center next to him:  Favors, Biyombo, DeAndre Jordan....      If you try to do anything with Bender down low in the next 5 years you'll get creamed imo.  He's not half as strong as Porzingis.  Not yet.        So keep him outside and I think he'll do a decent job and help his team with IQ.  I can picture him between Lebron and Tristian Thompon if he could be fast forwarded a few years.  I think the Celtics are not going to draft him less because of the risk (not such a big risk) but more because of the wait.  I think they want
1. A trade.  Or
2.  A guy ready to defend NBA players from day 1 and/or fill up the bucket.

So if keeping I think they'll take in order of likelihood:  Dunn (trading current guard on draft night), Murray, Brown, Hield.

all my 2 cents..

(if they take Chriss at 3 I'll suspect a big or small trade with Sac. Town and #8 following)

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So Cheick Diallo and Dyshawn Pierre are getting two workouts? Hmmmm...
Did Diallo work out with us twice? I thought this at first but if you check the first link in the spreadsheet for Diallo it just says he plans to work out for the Celtics, not that he had a work out scheduled. I believe this is the first time he's working out with us.

I'm completely on board if he is available at 23.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
The problem with Maker is he's a few years from being a few years away, but he's also probably not a draft and stash possibility.

He needs to go to a team with lots of roster spots and plenty of patience. But at the same time, if he ends up on the Sixers or the Lakers or something, he probably won't develop at all.  He'll be overseas in two years.

"he's a few years from being a few years away" lol too funny
So you're saying that Thon Maker is Youngian!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-