Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 487169 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2400 on: May 22, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I didn't realize that Cleveland was winning this game without Kyrie.  Wow, that's depressing, lol ;D. Expected, but still depressing.  Ugh.

The "Lebron" factor.

As much as Lebron makes me cringe like the rich spoiled kid in the neighborhood, what he's doing with this Cavs team is really winning me over. Dude is incredible.

It also helps that Atlanta has no superstar or go-to player to match up with him.

Bingo......we have a winner ......ding ding ding .....Hawks have no clutch go to Paul Pierce player to get a dagger shot when they need it.

Dude if the Hawks can't beat LeBron by himself, it really throws a bucket of ice on anyone who is using Atlanta (a team with literally 4 all-stars) as the model of "competing without stars". 

As if our Celtic squad, which doesn't even have a legit starter, can add the 5th best Hawk and suddenly make noise as a real basketball team.

« Reply #2401 on: May 22, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I didn't realize that Cleveland was winning this game without Kyrie.  Wow, that's depressing, lol ;D. Expected, but still depressing.  Ugh.

The "Lebron" factor.

As much as Lebron makes me cringe like the rich spoiled kid in the neighborhood, what he's doing with this Cavs team is really winning me over. Dude is incredible.

It also helps that Atlanta has no superstar or go-to player to match up with him.

Bingo......we have a winner ......ding ding ding .....Hawks have no clutch go to Paul Pierce player to get a dagger shot when they need it.

Dude if the Hawks can't beat LeBron by himself, it really throws a bucket of ice on anyone who is using Atlanta (a team with literally 4 all-stars) as the model of "competing without stars". 

As if our Celtic squad, which doesn't even have a legit starter, can add the 5th best Hawk and suddenly make noise as a real basketball team.

They made noise this year.

« Reply #2402 on: May 22, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
For Hawks to win...like the a Bulls ......guys like Milsapp,and Horford need to serious step up,and do something ......otherwise Hawks go out in flames .

« Reply #2403 on: May 22, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't want to bury the Hawks yet, but David Blatt deserves a lot of credit for getting his team to transition from an offensive powerhouse to a solid defensive team in a matter of weeks.

Oh, come on.  Love being on the bench deserves way more credit when it comes to the Cavs turning into a solid defensive team.

Cleveland's defense was actually worse when Love was on the bench this season.  Getting everyone to play to their defensive potential, when that's not the style they've played most of the year, is good coaching.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2404 on: May 22, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The "Lebron" factor.

Well sure, but didn't we already know that going into this series, lol ;D? Ironically, this is when they need Joe Johnson, haha ;D.

« Reply #2405 on: May 22, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

The "Lebron" factor.

I'd never count out Kyle Korver.

Ehh, he's had a strong first half, but he's mostly fallen on his face in these playoffs.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2406 on: May 22, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

The "Lebron" factor.

I agree .    Thinking the same ......Hawks were great in a terrible east conf.

I doubt Hawks can beat the Pelicans , Mavs , Jazz ......much less the rest of the West playoff teams .....yet they flash this gaudy record

« Reply #2407 on: May 22, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The "Lebron" factor.

I wouldn't count Ashton Kutcher out, either ;) ;D, but he can't create his own shot at all, and has been shut down during a number of games during this postseason.

« Reply #2408 on: May 22, 2015, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

The "Lebron" factor.

No, but he can't create his own shot at all, and has been shut down during a number of games during this postseason.

Exactly ......Hawks don't have a got a go to player ISO pro ......LeBron will,kill,you anywhere on the court and then rebound the ball , make the necessary pass to,set up,a,score.

LeBron is Blake Griffin and CP3 all in one.

« Reply #2409 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I don't want to bury the Hawks yet, but David Blatt deserves a lot of credit for getting his team to transition from an offensive powerhouse to a solid defensive team in a matter of weeks.

Oh, come on.  Love being on the bench deserves way more credit when it comes to the Cavs turning into a solid defensive team.

Cleveland's defense was actually worse when Love was on the bench this season.  Getting everyone to play to their defensive potential, when that's not the style they've played most of the year, is good coaching.
I think that has a lot to do with collinearity. Love played 1430 possessions without LeBron and 3620 with him.

« Reply #2410 on: May 22, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

The "Lebron" factor.

Indeed.  And if we add 4 all-stars, so shall we...  but it would be kinda depressing if adding 4 all-stars still isn't enough to stop a basketball supernova like LeBron.

« Reply #2411 on: May 22, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

The "Lebron" factor.

Indeed.  And if we add 4 all-stars, so shall we...  but it would be kinda depressing if adding 4 all-stars still isn't enough to stop a basketball supernova like LeBron.

Not all stars are created equal, as I'm sure you know.  3 of them are borderline stars.  The only true all-star in my opinion is Horford. 

« Reply #2412 on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:04 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
You are having your best season every in Atlanta and you decide you wear throw jerseys from an era where you routinely struggled to get out of the first round, makes perfect sense ::)

« Reply #2413 on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
I take that back.  Millsap and Teague are borderline stars.  Korver isn't.  An elite shooter, but definitely not anything close to a star.

« Reply #2414 on: May 22, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dang, Lebron has assisted on 8 3PT FGs.  He is so hard for a defense to contain.  That behind the back pass to Shumpert was beautiful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes