Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 487155 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2310 on: May 21, 2015, 06:46:44 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Gutsy fight back after falling down 18 early in 4th.

JR Smith was terrific for Cleveland. He was a difference maker. Hard to beat Cleveland when JR Smith goes for 28 points on 10-16 FGAs including 8-12 3PTers. Tristan Thompson was very good as well (double double, very good defense). LeBron was his usual fantastic self.

Tristan Thompson is gonna make himself a lot of money with the way he's been playing in these playoffs.  He's always been a fantastic rebounder, but his overall play really seems to have boosted in these playoffs.  Heck, David Blatt only took him off the floor for 6 minutes this whole game.  Pretty much all by himself, he's turned this Cavs team into a pretty darn good defensive team.  Still don't consider him a max player, but he's gonna get a solid pay raise.

The Cavs have certainly lucked out with their road these playoffs.  A clearly inferior Cs team, a Bulls team that was obviously going through some internal issues with the coach on his way out and their own players having tiffs.  And now a Hawks team that doesn't have anyone that really strikes fear in you, and with Carroll maybe missing at least a game or two, if not the rest of the series...the Cavs look to have the basketball Gods on their side

Or you can say the same thing about the Hawks. Got the dysfunctional Nets, then an injured John Wall,non-effective Nene and a Love-less Cavs.

Or the Rockets. Got a toast Mavs team with a PG who gave up, no-bench Clips with a coach who didn't adjust and now rookie-head coach Warriors team who hasn't been in the WCF in 40 years.

Or the Warriors. Young Pelicans, injured Tony Allen (Game 5 an 6) and Conley (Game 1) and now an overachieving Rockets team who should've lost in Game 6 the last round and will now get an injured team from the East in the Finals.

Basketball gods love these teams. Data snooping. Awesome.

Its really funny how Warriors have been fully healthy while all their main opponents have had injuries to crucial rotation players. Grizz with Conley and Tony Allen. Rockets with Howard, Dmo and Beverley

Cavs on the other hand have Klove out and Kyrie hobbled for weeks. Yet all ppl are doing is crying about how much luck Cavs are having ::) ::)

« Reply #2311 on: May 21, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Cavs on the other hand have Klove out and Kyrie hobbled for weeks. Yet all ppl are doing is crying about how much luck Cavs are having ::) ::)

It's bizarre, and you're absolutely right.  It's hard to call a team "lucky" in light of the Love injury and the struggles Kyrie has gone through.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2312 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:59 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

JR Smith was terrific for Cleveland. He was a difference maker. Hard to beat Cleveland when JR Smith goes for 28 points on 10-16 FGAs including 8-12 3PTers. Tristan Thompson was very good as well (double double, very good defense). LeBron was his usual fantastic self.

Tristan Thompson is gonna make himself a lot of money with the way he's been playing in these playoffs.  He's always been a fantastic rebounder, but his overall play really seems to have boosted in these playoffs.  Heck, David Blatt only took him off the floor for 6 minutes this whole game.  Pretty much all by himself, he's turned this Cavs team into a pretty darn good defensive team.  Still don't consider him a max player, but he's gonna get a solid pay raise.

The Cavs have certainly lucked out with their road these playoffs.  A clearly inferior Cs team, a Bulls team that was obviously going through some internal issues with the coach on his way out and their own players having tiffs.  And now a Hawks team that doesn't have anyone that really strikes fear in you, and with Carroll maybe missing at least a game or two, if not the rest of the series...the Cavs look to have the basketball Gods on their side

It certainly makes me feel better about Zeller and our other bigs. TT has been downright abusing people on the glass throughout the playoffs and it is not only us.

He has averaged 4 ORB per game on 14% ORB. And numerous tips to a teammate not on the scoreboard.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2313 on: May 21, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

It's bizarre, and you're absolutely right.  It's hard to call a team "lucky" in light of the Love injury and the struggles Kyrie has gone through.

It's probably  because of how weak the Eastern Conference is. The Cavs have yet to play a rather impressive team. The Celtics were good but had no go-to star, the Bulls had Jimmy Butler but the rest of their offense looked putrid, and now the Hawks who play as a team and potentially lost one of their best, if not their best, player in Carroll. Beyond K-Love and Kyrie the Cavs are still a solid team led by LeBron. That will get by the ECF.

Meanwhile GS has had to play against Anthony Davis, a strong Memphis team that would have played better had it not been for their injuries and now the Rockets who still have Harden. I think the Cavs would have gotten by NOLA but I am not so sure about the Grizzlies.

Just my opinion though. I don't think the Cavs would be going to the Finals if they have to play through the West.
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #2314 on: May 21, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Or you can say the same thing about the Hawks. Got the dysfunctional Nets, then an injured John Wall,non-effective Nene and a Love-less Cavs.

Or the Rockets. Got a toast Mavs team with a PG who gave up, no-bench Clips with a coach who didn't adjust and now rookie-head coach Warriors team who hasn't been in the WCF in 40 years.

Or the Warriors. Young Pelicans, injured Tony Allen (Game 5 an 6) and Conley (Game 1) and now an overachieving Rockets team who should've lost in Game 6 the last round and will now get an injured team from the East in the Finals.

Its really funny how Warriors have been fully healthy while all their main opponents have had injuries to crucial rotation players. Grizz with Conley and Tony Allen. Rockets with Howard, Dmo and Beverley

For me, it's not so much about whether LeBron's teammates get injured; it's about the fact that he has always escaped significant injuries (not that I want him to get injured). Because let's face it, LeBron is a once-in-a-generation talent, so good that he can singlehandedly carry a mediocre team nearly all the way, as he did in 2007 with a Cavs squad whose second-best player was, who, Larry Hughes? Antawn Jamison? So this Cavs squad could lose Love AND Irving AND Smith and it would've even matter—LeBron would escape injury, and the Cavs would still probably beat the Hawks.

The Celtics, on the other hand, have been snakebit—in recent years with KG, Rondo, and Perk, and even if you go back to the '80s, there was McHale's broken foot and Bird's bone spurs and back (not to mention the deaths of Bias and Lewis).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2315 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Being healthy is part of what separates being an All Time Great from a simply Great player, though.

Just ask Grant Hill or Tracy McGrady or Penny Hardaway or...
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2316 on: May 21, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

well, it honestly looks like they function better with tristan on the floor than with love

Love's defense may have been better this year, but it still stinks

Kyrie, on the other hand, is pretty dang important to their success. Man, i would really like kyrie if he didnt play with the king of the circus
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #2317 on: May 21, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
It's probably  because of how weak the Eastern Conference is. The Cavs have yet to play a rather impressive team. The Celtics were good but had no go-to star, the Bulls had Jimmy Butler but the rest of their offense looked putrid, and now the Hawks who play as a team and potentially lost one of their best, if not their best, player in Carroll. Beyond K-Love and Kyrie the Cavs are still a solid team led by LeBron. That will get by the ECF.

LOL solid team with their other 2 best player limited or out huh? Hawks are suppose to have more depth than Cavs so losing Caroll should not affect them as much as Cavs losing Love and Kyrie being hobbled

Meanwhile GS has had to play against Anthony Davis, a strong Memphis team that would have played better had it not been for their injuries and now the Rockets who still have Harden. I think the Cavs would have gotten by NOLA but I am not so sure about the Grizzlies.

The same strong Memphis that has no outside shooting allowing Warriors to pretty much pack the paint and dare ppl like TA to beat them from outside? The same strong Memphis team that had 2 crucial injuries to key players? The same Memphis team that desperately struggles to score and Cavs blewout on their homefloor in March? ::)

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400579358

Just my opinion though. I don't think the Cavs would be going to the Finals if they have to play through the West.

I guess their 15-1 record vs the West after the mid-season trade including wins vs Spurs, Warriors (Blowout), Clippers (Blowout), Griz (Blowout), Mavs (blowout) and Blazers means nothing eh?

« Reply #2318 on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

LOL solid team with their other 2 best player limited or out huh? Hawks are suppose to have more depth than Cavs so losing Caroll should not affect them as much as Cavs losing Love and Kyrie being hobbled

The same strong Memphis that has no outside shooting allowing Warriors to pretty much pack the paint and dare ppl like TA to beat them from outside? The same strong Memphis team that had 2 crucial injuries to key players? The same Memphis team that desperately struggles to score and Cavs blewout on their homefloor in March? ::)

I guess their 15-1 record vs the West after the mid-season trade including wins vs Spurs, Warriors (Blowout), Clippers (Blowout), Griz (Blowout), Mavs (blowout) and Blazers means nothing eh?

There are a lot of places where people will talk about how great the Cavs are with you.

« Reply #2319 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

There are a lot of places where people will talk about how great the Cavs are with you.

Well am not a Cavs fan so I have no interest in jerking off or having myself jerked off by other cavs fans. Whats your point?

« Reply #2320 on: May 21, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Well am not a Cavs fan so I have no interest in jerking off or having myself jerked off by other cavs fans. Whats your point?

Aside from your inappropriate off color terminology, you have regularly posted about how great the Cavs are. There are some people here that admire Cleveland, but I just don't understand regularly posting about how good the cavs are on a Celtics board. If you want to that's your perogative, but just pointing out this is a celtics fan so people are not generally going to be all warm and fuzzy towards cleveland.

« Reply #2321 on: May 21, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens

Aside from your inappropriate off color terminology, you have regularly posted about how great the Cavs are. There are some people here that admire Cleveland, but I just don't understand regularly posting about how good the cavs are on a Celtics board. If you want to that's your perogative, but just pointing out this is a celtics fan so people are not generally going to be all warm and fuzzy towards cleveland.

I never expect any one here to be warmly and cuddly towards any team but the Cs! I would expect ppl not be incredibly bias beyond belief against a certain team. Especially when the Cs are not even playing against that team now

I only ever post when points being made here are incredibly egregiously! Ala the talk talking bout how lucky the Cavs are (despite injuries to Love and Kyrie) while not saying a peep about Warriors (fully healthy) and facing teams missing crucial players to their rotation.

Or living in some Fantasy-land were the Cavs would never be able to compete in the WCF despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary.

« Reply #2322 on: May 21, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

I believe that the one post prior was about how lucky Lebron has been with injuries to his opponents in his career, When the Heat beat the Celts in 2011 you had the Rondo elbow injury, Shaq no being able to go, 2012 Jeff Green missing the whole season, Avery Bradley doing his shoulder against Philly and missing the series.So getting knocked out by "The King" is not just a Cleveland thing.So it still stings a bit ;)

« Reply #2323 on: May 21, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Nice post up by Josh Smith on Harrison Barnes.

« Reply #2324 on: May 21, 2015, 09:18:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
That was disgraceful. Gotta get back in transition. Lazy play.

Golden State know this is the Conference Finals, right? You can't win these games with only 75% effort. Gotta dig in and give it everything you got.

Happy Steve Kerr immediately called a timeout. Not going to win tonight with this level of effort.

I can't believe they came out here and dogged in transition defense only minutes into game two after their lousy effort in transition defense in game one.