Author Topic: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green  (Read 31329 times)

Re: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
hands down its gotta be Wally. I remember absolutely screaming at the TV while he bricked jumper after jumper, and he's one of the least athletic/slowest guys in the NBA. Doesn't help that we traded one of my favorite C's of the decade for him.

OMG please tell me you're not referring to Risky Davis here.  That's it, I'm sharpening my razor blades and refilling my prescription of propofol.  Hobbs, can I actually subtract Tommy Points from someone?  If not I'm going to have to take a garlic presser to my jewels.

(ignore this comment entirely if you were talking about someone besides Risky)

Rickey Davis was really not that bad as a Celtic. He is by no means a winner, but the team was full of losers at that point and was not ready to win.

You're right.  I'm the crazy one.  Risky was awesome.  Best ever.  Paul totally deserved the locker room mutiny Risky attempted to bring upon him.  My bad.

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Blount is on the top of the list, but save some room for an ickau.

No "D", and fragile to boot.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Blount  --- do I need to explain?
Vin Baker  --  completed wasted opportunity
Joe Forte  --  just a complete waste
Kedrick Brown  -- wasted pick
Ratliff -- bum couldn't even suit up
Raef --  just a complete underperformer on the court and health wise
Kandi -- complete underperformer

He wasn't in this decade but I'm throwing MICHAEL SMITH under the bus again!!!! >:(  Such a freaking, infuriating waste he carries over from the 80's!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 12:41:52 AM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
hands down its gotta be Wally. I remember absolutely screaming at the TV while he bricked jumper after jumper, and he's one of the least athletic/slowest guys in the NBA. Doesn't help that we traded one of my favorite C's of the decade for him.

OMG please tell me you're not referring to Risky Davis here.  That's it, I'm sharpening my razor blades and refilling my prescription of propofol.  Hobbs, can I actually subtract Tommy Points from someone?  If not I'm going to have to take a garlic presser to my jewels.

Rickey Davis was really not that bad as a Celtic. He is by no means a winner, but the team was full of losers at that point and was not ready to win.

You're right.  I'm the crazy one.  Risky was awesome.  Best ever.  Paul totally deserved the locker room mutiny Risky attempted to bring upon him.  My bad.

First of all, reports had never said anything about Ricky being a bad locker room guy his entire career in Boston, the whole "Ricky was a locker room cancer thing" got blown way wayyy out of proportion after he left. Go did through the archives and find me quotes to convince me otherwise.

And secondly, Ricky's a guy who's reputation has always preceded his playing ability/effort his whole career. He got a bad rap as a "loser" because he's NEVER once been on a team with talent on it. Even then, he's always given it 100% effort. He was one guy you could always rely on as a Celtics fan to bring energy every night. He was a willing passive, fairly efficient scorer, someone who never complained and willingly played the 6th man role, and would play big time minutes every single night (he was leading the league in minutes played when he was traded). The guy has just never been on a single team with talent on it and gets a bad reputation because of it.

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

First of all, reports had never said anything about Ricky being a bad locker room guy his entire career in Boston, the whole "Ricky was a locker room cancer thing" got blown way wayyy out of proportion after he left. Go did through the archives and find me quotes to convince me otherwise.

And secondly, Ricky's a guy who's reputation has always preceded his playing ability/effort his whole career. He got a bad rap as a "loser" because he's NEVER once been on a team with talent on it. Even then, he's always given it 100% effort. He was one guy you could always rely on as a Celtics fan to bring energy every night. He was a willing passive, fairly efficient scorer, someone who never complained and willingly played the 6th man role, and would play big time minutes every single night (he was leading the league in minutes played when he was traded). The guy has just never been on a single team with talent on it and gets a bad reputation because of it.

Thank you for the backup. I think Rickey Davis gets some unfair hair at times. I woudn't go as far as saying he always gives a 100%, but there were definitely players that were a lot bigger problem for the celtics then him. Also, the celtics did worse after trading him for Wally the great white hope.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 02:06:51 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Stephon Marbury
Scott Pollard
Sam Cassell
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 06:32:49 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Joe Forte...idiot was wearing Lakers t-shirt to practice. One of few Auerbach mistakes...Celtics wanted to draft Tony Parker, but to please Red draft this bum. And Vin Baker...so much talent, so little will to say no to buzz...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Joe Forte...idiot was wearing Lakers t-shirt to practice. One of few Auerbach mistakes...Celtics wanted to draft Tony Parker, but to please Red draft this bum. And Vin Baker...so much talent, so little will to say no to buzz...

We made promises to multiple players in that draft, I believe. Gilbert Arenas and Tony Parker, like you meantioned are the first to come to mind.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Stephon Marbury
Scott Pollard
Sam Cassell

Sam Cassell?!

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 07:29:35 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 07:38:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Stephon Marbury
Scott Pollard
Sam Cassell

Sam Cassell?!

Yup, Sam Cassell ... never wanted him in green. There's some nice highlights here of him in different uniforms, but he didn't do much worth noting while as a Celtic, (that was the question, right?). He had a few good moments here, but nothing that would qualify him as a great addition to this team. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 07:53:23 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Gerald Green.

I can't stand low IQ basketball players.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 08:14:34 AM »

Kiorrik

Miki Moore, Patrick O'Bryant, Lester Hudson.

I just didn't see it in these three. It's not like I disliked them, I just liked them the least.

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »

Kiorrik

You gotta be kidding me - a Lakers shirt? For fools sake! :x

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rasheed Wallace.
Antoine Walker.
Mark Blount.
Mikki Moore.
I actually have hoped these guys shots missed at various times.
I rooted for Marbury; he was a good soldier and tried to play the right way while he was here.  And Baker really screwed us, but I always liked his game so I rooted for him too. 
I rooted for all the young stiffs like Gerald, Forte, O'Bryant, etc, with the hope that they would improve.