Author Topic: Instead of Fultz what about Tatum and Monk?  (Read 16296 times)

Re: Instead of Fultz what about Tatum and Monk?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2017, 04:34:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Also how the hell are we gonna get both these guys?

you need to outline that plan before this discussion continues. Youve already ignored 2 posters calling for an explanation. Will you make it 3?

1st to 76ers for Saric and Tatum

Saric and Rozier for 5th pick + (Kings)

Does this work for you?
nope.

Saric isnt worth the #5 pick in this draft and Rozier only has marginal value.

Disagree... I can see Sac biting. They need to balance out their roster. Two 1sts ...can play with one
Im with Smaht.

If your scenario relies on another team being dumb, then its  a bad scenario.

If SacTown wants to "play with" one of their picks. They will play with #10. They need a star prospect.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
OP is on a mission to trade Fultz before we even get to see this unicorn. 

Before posting, I did due diligence in googling "Can a PG be a unicorn?"  I don't think he can be, but it lead me to an article in the Ringer entitled Kristaps Porzingis Is a Beautiful Unicorn.

https://theringer.com/kristaps-porzingis-new-york-knicks-nba-1bac200830de
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Monk scored 754 total points . Made 104 threes at 39 percent

Fultz scored 579 total points. Made 52 threes at 41 percent

Monk was a scoring machine last season.

As much I like Fultz , I think Danny will gravitate towards an athlete like Monk more.

Danny also likes players with size that can handle/pass/create 1 on 1 (Tatum)

These two pickups would be decent insurance if Hayward doesnt sign and no trades result...

Thoughts?

You know you're grasping for straws when you cite raw points. For anyone who was misled by this intentionally misleading statistic, Monk played 13 more games than Fultz.
How was Monk able to play 13 more games? You tell me

By not being injured and on a terrible team. I'm guessing that you're suggesting that Monk playing 13 more games somehow supports your narrative that he's even comparable to Fultz, but it's a bit easier to advance in the tournament when your teammates include a top-5 pick and another first-rounder. Frankly, if you actually believe playing 13 more games is a serious credit to Monk, there's no arguing with you.
Kentucky was 2nd in AP preseason rankings, 4th in the coaches poll
Washington was unranked in both.

According to RPI Kentucky was 4th preseason, Washington was 204th.

If we completely ignore any level of context Triboy makes a pretty solid point here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

As much I like Fultz , I think Danny will gravitate towards an athlete like Monk more.

These two pickups would be decent insurance if Hayward doesnt sign and no trades result...

Thoughts?

You know you're grasping for straws when you cite raw points. For anyone who was misled by this intentionally misleading statistic, Monk played 13 more games than Fultz.

By not being injured and on a terrible team. I'm guessing that you're suggesting that Monk playing 13 more games somehow supports your narrative that he's even comparable to Fultz, but it's a bit easier to advance in the tournament when your teammates include a top-5 pick and another first-rounder. Frankly, if you actually believe playing 13 more games is a serious credit to Monk, there's no arguing with you.

If we completely ignore any level of context Triboy makes a pretty solid point here.

Pretty sure if Murray & Chriss had stayed another year, a different tune would've been sung about Washington's record.   I don't even have to address the type of teammates that Monk was playing with versus Fultz since that should be pretty self explanatory.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thoughts?

Pretty sure if Murray & Chriss had stayed another year, a different tune would've been sung about Washington's record.   I don't even have to address the type of teammates that Monk was playing with versus Fultz since that should be pretty self explanatory.

So what was Fultz thinking?

He didnt really believe Murray and Chriss would be back for their soph year did he? 

Players leaving after 1 year of college is the norm

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Thoughts?

Which was also my argument against the initial post.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Thoughts?

He didnt really believe Murray and Chriss would be back for their soph year did he? 

Players leaving after 1 year of college is a norm

Markelle committed in August of 2015 when Chriss and Murray were non-prospects who were yet to play a single minute of college basketball . So yeah, he probably believed they were going to be at Washington with him. And even if he knew they'd be gone, so what? What relevance does that have to this discussion in any way, shape, or form?

DKC Clippers

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 04:48:51 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Thoughts?

Tell me how much Murray & Chriss were on the radar to be one & done's before the '15-'16 NCAA season when Fultz committed.

This isn't rocket science, Triboy. 

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thoughts?

Markelle committed in August of 2015 when Chriss and Murray were non-prospects who were yet to play a single minute of college basketball . So yeah, he probably believed they were going to be at Washington with him. And even if he knew they'd be gone, so what? What relevance does that have to this discussion in any way, shape, or form?

So wait a sec... Fultz signed up to join a no name club from the start

When he had offers from xyz top schools

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Thoughts?

Do some actual research before you spout out nonsense.  It really does just make you look foolish. 

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Thoughts?

Yes, he signed with the school that wanted him before he was a top recruit. He signed with the coach that he loved on a personal level. He's a loyal individual. Again, what's the relevance of this to the discussion at hand?

DKC Clippers

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 04:53:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thoughts?

Tell me how much Murray & Chriss were on the radar to be one & done's before the '15-'16 NCAA season when Fultz committed.

So why sign up with a crappy college team with a crappy college coach...and potentially damage his draft status?

He had offers from better schools

In rocket science format explain..

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In fairness, Fultz committed because he had a relationship with the coach from before the time when he (Fultz) was any type of prospect. Or at least that's what he says.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Thoughts?

So why sign up with a crappy college team with a crappy college coach...and potentially damage his draft status?

He had offers from better schools

In rocket science format explain..

Because that's not how this works. Have you ever heard of Ben Simmons?

DKC Clippers

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thoughts?

Do some actual research before you spout out nonsense.  It really does just make you look foolish.

Your argument is foolish..

You cant say if he had better players he would be xyz...yet he was loyal and blindly joined a non contending college team

You cant have it both ways