3 (10%)
A couple weeks into the season
0 (0%)
Right around trade deadline
15 (50%)
Next offseason
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: How long do they wait to use TPE?  (Read 6773 times)

Re: How long do they wait to use TPE?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Cavs aren't trading Larry Nance unless you make them an offer they can't refuse.  They love Nance.  He is clearly a guy they want to keep and they believe he can be their PF of the future.

In fact, the Cavs believe they have their long term starting 5 in Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Nance, and Allen.  And frankly, they may not be wrong.  Those 5 have the makings of being at least a very good team, if not a great one, in a few seasons.  Nance is obviously older than the other 4, but still young enough to be around for awhile in his prime.
Great team? How do you define a great team? Is Milwaukee a great team? Philly? Boston?
3 or 4 years down the line, I think they could be a contending team i.e. a great team.  I think winning playoff series and not being a true contender is far more likely, but they have a very nice young core built on top 10 draft picks.  There is clearly talent there.
That's a very political answer that avoided most of my questions.

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2021, 09:02:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
The Cavs aren't trading Larry Nance unless you make them an offer they can't refuse.  They love Nance.  He is clearly a guy they want to keep and they believe he can be their PF of the future.

In fact, the Cavs believe they have their long term starting 5 in Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Nance, and Allen.  And frankly, they may not be wrong.  Those 5 have the makings of being at least a very good team, if not a great one, in a few seasons.  Nance is obviously older than the other 4, but still young enough to be around for awhile in his prime.
Great team? How do you define a great team? Is Milwaukee a great team? Philly? Boston?
3 or 4 years down the line, I think they could be a contending team i.e. a great team.  I think winning playoff series and not being a true contender is far more likely, but they have a very nice young core built on top 10 draft picks.  There is clearly talent there.
That's a very political answer that avoided most of my questions.
a contending team is a great team.  That was the heart of your questions and I absolutely answered it.  Milwaukee is a contender.  Philly might be.  Boston is not yet.  My position on those things have been all over the forum. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I’m guessing this summer or more likely not at all, but I’m hoping this trade deadline.  We need another player, wing or stretch four.

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2021, 09:55:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I think we’re going to end up using it on a small acquisition. Like a Greg Monroe-level of player. Sounds sad but it’s the likely outcome
- LilRip

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2021, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think we’re going to end up using it on a small acquisition. Like a Greg Monroe-level of player. Sounds sad but it’s the likely outcome

That’s depressing.