Author Topic: Heat @ Cavs Predictions?  (Read 7950 times)

Heat @ Cavs Predictions?
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think the heat will win, but I think the game will be the sideshow compared to the fans.

How much stuff is going to get tossed on the court and how vile and loud is that arena going to be?

I can't wait to see the team introductions.  They'll probably be waiting at the bus for him.

Definately must see TV.

Re: Heat @ Cavs Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2736
The Heat are in a tailspin right now, the cavs are catching them at a good time. On top of it, the cavs will go all out to win this game, so I think cleveland takes it. A small moral victory in the grand scheme of things though.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:43:34 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
If Lebron makes it through warm ups without being assaulted, the Heat will win.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:11:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im still waiting for breaking news of a minor injury to leBron or a stomach virus that will keep him out of the game. I just dont see how he goes into that stadium without something happening to him. As saddening as that sounds, I just think something bad is going to happen.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think Miami probably wins, but if Cleveland plays all-out like they did against us they have a good chance.

I'll be really interested to see which of LeBron's ex-teammates go out of their way to give him a smack or two.  Should be pretty revealing.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Well, as long as that game doesn't resemble what went on with Tony Allen during the Celtics-Chicago playoff series in 2009 I'm sure LeBron James will be able to go to Cleveland and return back to Miami safely.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2010/07/29/a-boulevard-called-chagrin/

^still not sure if Cavs fans will get over LeBron's departure from Cleveland this season, or ever.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:15:55 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I predict.....

PAIN!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
How beautiful it would be if the Cavs won, then Miami would be a .500 team   8)

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4599
I'm already disappointed with this game.  It could have been great from an energy standpoint, but with the Cavs banning all anti-LeBron t-shirts and signs, I think it's going to take a lot of the edge off.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm already disappointed with this game.  It could have been great from an energy standpoint, but with the Cavs banning all anti-LeBron t-shirts and signs, I think it's going to take a lot of the edge off.

Dan Gilbert said on Twitter that was wrong and they were only going to ban shirts and signs containing vulgarity and profanity.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They give the ball to Lebron and he goes nuts on Cleveland.

This is the type of team the Heat beat on. 

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 12:00:13 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
I don't like that fact that the NBA is not allowing fans to have anti Lebron stuff, would take away from the emotion, it would play with lebron's head as he doesn't respond to emotion and people hating on him too well.

I see it being a Miami blow out or a close win to cavs

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't like that fact that the NBA is not allowing fans to have anti Lebron stuff, would take away from the emotion, it would play with lebron's head as he doesn't respond to emotion and people hating on him too well.

It's the Cavs that have banned anti-LeBron material, and only stuff with profanity/vulgarity.  The NBA has nothing to do with it.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 398
i think the Cavs will play with a lot of heart in this game. they may not have much talent, except for Hickson, but they scrap and hustle. the Heat would win in a walk if they can match the energy because they're clearly a much better team, but if they can't match their energy, they will get beaten to every lose ball and the Cavs should win a close one.

how sweet would THAT be :D
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57

They can't ban their mouths.