Author Topic: 2020 World Series  (Read 10480 times)

Re: 2020 World Series
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
That was a crazy back and forth game w/ the Rays able to pull it off at the end. Despite how dominant the Dodgers seem and how bad the Rays pitching has been, it has come down to a best of 3 series. I live in Orlando, but get down to Tampa/St. Pete quite a bit (was there yesterday/last night); of course I am a Sox fan first, but am definitely pulling for the Rays. They have an insanely low payroll and (Sox aside) it is always fun seeing smaller market teams take out the big spenders. I also would love to see a stadium in downtown Tampa/Ybor and winning a WS could go a long way in rehashing those conversations between the owner and the city.

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
World Series?....I had no idea...

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I'm not really invested in who wins, but I want it to go 7 games and if the Rays and their budget group beat Dodgers with their stacked team and taking Mookie from us I'd find it pretty funny  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not really invested in who wins, but I want it to go 7 games and if the Rays and their budget group beat Dodgers with their stacked team and taking Mookie from us I'd find it pretty funny  :laugh:

Oh, I would too. I'm in L.A. County, so I have tons of family and friends who are Dodgers fans and I'd have to show them some sympathy, but I ain't gonna be sad if Mookie never wins another ring.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Brilliant move, Cash—take out your starter who's dominating with 9 Ks, just because he gave up a 1-out single in the sixth, and bring in a far-inferior reliever who immediately gives up a double to Mookie. Then the guy throws a wild pitch and the game is tied. Bravo.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Then give up an RBI fielder's choice. Yeah, pulling Snell was totally the right move.

To top it all off, Mookie now has a really annoying celebration that he does whenever he slides safely into home plate.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2020, 11:40:50 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Looks like LA is gonna become really broke and lots of fireworks. They should never deserve any championships.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2020, 11:45:59 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good for Dave Roberts.  Good for Mookie Betts. Happy for both of them.

Screw you John Henry.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Screw you John Henry.

Biggest mistake letting Mookie Betts go.

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »

• Satch Sanders

Screw you John Henry.

As much as I dislike Henry ordering the Mookie trade, I still don't feel happy for Mookie. I never liked his "I'm going to help my fellow players" schtick, namely because they don't need the help, and I also felt like that was a convenient excuse to cover for him not wanting to be in Boston, instead of just coming out and saying he didn't want to be in Boston.

And I realize that covid-19 changed the landscape of ... everything ... but I still dislike the fact that Mookie didn't follow through and test free agency (the thing he'd been saying all along he would do, no matter what). There might not have been many bidders, it may have even been just the Dodgers, but the fact that he didn't follow through tells me he wasn't really serious about that in the first place, and was just using it as cover for leaving Boston.

So, yeah, I'm sour about the entire situation. ;D I'm tempted to wish ill on the Sox as long as Henry continues to own them, but it's not like they'll be great anytime soon anyway.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Red Sox should fold their franchise.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2020, 12:21:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Congrats Mookie!

Screw you, John Henry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 12:22:18 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
LeBron James
@KingJames
Man can we PLEASE have a parade!!! I know I know we can’t but [dang] I wanna celebrate with our
@Lakers & @Dodgers fans!!! LA is the city of CHAMPIONS TrophyTrophy

LeBron disgusts me by the day.

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »

• Satch Sanders
LeBron James
@KingJames
Man can we PLEASE have a parade!!! I know I know we can’t but [dang] I wanna celebrate with our
@Lakers & @Dodgers fans!!! LA is the city of CHAMPIONS TrophyTrophy

LeBron disgusts me by the day.

One baseball title in 32 years, and one NBA title in 10 years, makes it the city of champions? Low standards.

— C.S. Lewis