Author Topic: 2 x O O > O?  (Read 3263 times)

Re: 2 x O O > O?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 10:52:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 11:45:33 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Okay the subject line is:

‘Two Ball’s greater than one?’

(Here come the puns haha)

What I wanted to ask is given how special LaMelo has been for Charlotte, how effective do you think a backcourt of LaMelo & Lonzo could be in the NBA?

Lonzo is coming up for restricted free agency and Charlotte will have considerable cap space going into this off-season. The Hornets could make a huge offer sheet for Lonzo or even get him to ask for a trade and use the threat of the offer sheet to force the Pelicans into a sign and trade for Rozier.

A Lonzo & LaMelo backcourt would be extremely intriguing as their games are complimentary, given Lonzo’s defensive ability and LaMelo’s offensive nature. They are both very tall for their positions and love to move the ball.

But there would also be issues as neither can get to the line effectively and both are on the slight side so a physical guard could bully them easily.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:53:09 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it means "of the 2 players to wear 0 for the C's, Jayson Tatum is better than Avery Bradley"   8)

Somewhere Walter McCarty is rolling in his grave.
Tommy probably is since he loved Waltah.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 01:16:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
two stiffs better than one stiff?

No sorry

Think NBA related

What makes you think that wasn’t NBA related....lol

Wagner and Kornet > Theis....lol

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
To kiss boobs is more than nothing.

;D

Lol brilliant

tp
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 02:17:21 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Wow super interesting thread title. Interesting. Interesting. Interesting! I hadn’t thought of playing Drake as a point guard as I thought he was more of just a super fan but it could be worth a shot if we can dump Kemba’s contract.

Thanks OP.

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Am I the only one thinking that guessing the subject was more fun than the actual subject? 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, no disrespect meant there Ed!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Okay the subject line is:

‘Two Ball’s greater than one?’

(Here come the puns haha)

What I wanted to ask is given how special LaMelo has been for Charlotte, how effective do you think a backcourt of LaMelo & Lonzo could be in the NBA?

Lonzo is coming up for restricted free agency and Charlotte will have considerable cap space going into this off-season. The Hornets could make a huge offer sheet for Lonzo or even get him to ask for a trade and use the threat of the offer sheet to force the Pelicans into a sign and trade for Rozier.

A Lonzo & LaMelo backcourt would be extremely intriguing as their games are complimentary, given Lonzo’s defensive ability and LaMelo’s offensive nature. They are both very tall for their positions and love to move the ball.

But there would also be issues as neither can get to the line effectively and both are on the slight side so a physical guard could bully them easily.
nope, nope, nope...i disagree. i dont think the thread title has anything to do with this.

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 04:53:47 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I heard the Nets are really interested in getting both of the Balls so that Harden can finally live his dream of playing with more than one ball.