Author Topic: Jamal Murray: Torn ACL  (Read 2045 times)

Jamal Murray: Torn ACL
« on: April 13, 2021, 05:53:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray has been diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament of the left knee and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Tuesday.

Murray suffered what appeared to be a noncontact injury during the Nuggets' 116-107 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Monday night. He crumpled to the ground in pain, clutching his left knee and pounding the court with his hand after trying to split two Warriors defenders on a drive with 50.6 seconds remaining and the Nuggets trailing 111-104.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Jamal Murray: Torn ACL
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
That's too bad - less competition for the Lakers in the west. Pretty much between the lakers and the jazz in my eyes now.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 06:12:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
That's too bad - less competition for the Lakers in the west. Pretty much between the lakers and the jazz in my eyes now.

Don't sleep on Suns with Paul or Clippers with  Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 06:24:05 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226

eh i don't really take either of those teams seriously. Paul is too old (although it is amazing how well hes playing at his age) and the rest of the team is inexperienced. And i still can't think about the Clippers without thinking about their absolute meltdown in the bubble.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 06:34:58 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Could this be a good spot for IT to land and help denver now that the Pels are not doing another 10 day contract

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 07:22:44 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

eh i don't really take either of those teams seriously. Paul is too old (although it is amazing how well hes playing at his age) and the rest of the team is inexperienced. And i still can't think about the Clippers without thinking about their absolute meltdown in the bubble.
The Jazz are far more likely to lose in the 1st round than beat a healthy Lakers team. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Crowder was in the finals last year.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 07:46:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could this be a good spot for IT to land and help denver now that the Pels are not doing another 10 day contract
I doubt it. IT shot 9 shots in 16 minutes a game with the Pels while shooting 33% from the field and 25% from three. Yeah, small sample size. And yeah, 7 points a game, but at what cost since IT brought nothing else to the games except turnovers?

When you get these 10 day deals, you have to perform at a good level to catch on with anyone long term. IT didn't show that type of performance.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 07:56:55 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I doubt it. IT shot 9 shots in 16 minutes a game with the Pels while shooting 33% from the field and 25% from three. Yeah, small sample size. And yeah, 7 points a game, but at what cost since IT brought nothing else to the games except turnovers?

When you get these 10 day deals, you have to perform at a good level to catch on with anyone long term. IT didn't show that type of performance.

Not going to judge IT based on his first NBA basketball in over a year, but he wouldn’t be eligible for the playoffs, so that alone would make him the wrong choice for Denver, even if he could show something more.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Good point , Yea  he missed the deadline by 3 days.... I wonder if he will get another shot. Hard to just come in and gel right away. Pels did say they may decide to bring him back later.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Shocking stuff, but with how the vision looked it's not really surprising. Was not pleasant viewing.

Really unfortunate for Denver given how they were just starting to click. Given our own injury history over the last decade or so (KG's knee onward) I'm sure we can all relate to how their fans feel.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)