Author Topic: Cooper Flagg  (Read 78062 times)

Re: Cooper Flagg
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2023, 11:53:52 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
He's committed to Duke, choosing them over UConn.

:'( :'( :'(

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2023, 04:40:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2023, 01:28:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cooper and Ace Flagg’s Montverde Academy basketball team has held the No. 1 national ranking all year, and it showed why this weekend in Las Vegas.

Playing on national television, and in front of dozens of NBA executives, Montverde (Florida) beat No. 3 Link Academy (Missouri) 71-59 on Friday night, and then No. 9 AZ Compass Prep (Arizona) 58-46 on Saturday afternoon.

The two-game slate was part of the inaugural Nike Elite Youth Basketball League Scholastic Showcase, featuring five hand-picked teams from the EYBL circuit.

With the victories, Montverde has improved to a perfect 9-0, and has now beaten the No. 3, No. 4 (Columbus), No. 6 (IMG Academy), No. 8 (Wasatch Academy), and No. 9 teams in the country by an average of 20.8 points — cementing itself as the nation’s No. 1 team, with the nation’s No. 1 player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2024, 08:20:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Flagg returned to Maine for a 2-game showcase.

Game 1:  23 points, 10 rebounds, nine blocks and five assists

Game 2:  29 points, 9 rebounds, three blocks

Montverde Academy is 15-0, #1 in the country. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/15-0-record-montverde-academy-140022615.html

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2024, 02:22:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Cooper and Ace Flagg’s Montverde Academy basketball team has held the No. 1 national ranking all year, and it showed why this weekend in Las Vegas.

Playing on national television, and in front of dozens of NBA executives, Montverde (Florida) beat No. 3 Link Academy (Missouri) 71-59 on Friday night, and then No. 9 AZ Compass Prep (Arizona) 58-46 on Saturday afternoon.

The two-game slate was part of the inaugural Nike Elite Youth Basketball League Scholastic Showcase, featuring five hand-picked teams from the EYBL circuit.

With the victories, Montverde has improved to a perfect 9-0, and has now beaten the No. 3, No. 4 (Columbus), No. 6 (IMG Academy), No. 8 (Wasatch Academy), and No. 9 teams in the country by an average of 20.8 points — cementing itself as the nation’s No. 1 team, with the nation’s No. 1 player.

Draft Ace (identical twin) as UDFA and have them swap teams without anyone catching on. Winning....

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2024, 12:12:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
KD on Cooper Flagg:

“The intangibles that he has, his measurables and his raw talent. I can see that through the TV,” Durant said recently about the five-star prospect.

“I mean he’s 6’10” and can run the floor like that, and [he’s] got the instincts with the basketball like that,”

“If you work at it, and if you care, and if you’re consistent with who you are – like I said, showing up every day – if you show up every day and be the best that you can be, I think Cooper Flagg could be one of the top players in the league for 15 years.”
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2024, 07:41:21 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I will be watching a good amount of Duke basketball next year…

Maine native and No. 1 recruit Cooper Flagg caps off high school basketball career with national title.

The Maine native, who’s also the consensus No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2024, led Montverde Academy to a 79-63 win over Paul VI in the Chipotle Nationals Championship on Saturday.

Flagg had a solid showing offensively in the title game. He scored 16 points on 6 of 9 shooting as he made mid-range jump shots, pull-up shots, and 3-pointers.

But Flagg’s defense was arguably the biggest factor for Montverde’s win. He grabbed eight rebounds and blocked a whopping six shots on the day. The blocks were a part of the defensive effort from Montverde to slowdown fellow top recruits and Duke commit Darren Harris and Patrick Ngongba.

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2024, 07:44:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Maine native and No. 1 recruit Cooper Flagg caps off high school basketball career with national title.

The Maine native, who’s also the consensus No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2024, led Montverde Academy to a 79-63 win over Paul VI in the Chipotle Nationals Championship on Saturday.

Flagg had a solid showing offensively in the title game. He scored 16 points on 6 of 9 shooting as he made mid-range jump shots, pull-up shots, and 3-pointers.

But Flagg’s defense was arguably the biggest factor for Montverde’s win. He grabbed eight rebounds and blocked a whopping six shots on the day. The blocks were a part of the defensive effort from Montverde to slowdown fellow top recruits and Duke commit Darren Harris and Patrick Ngongba.

High school couldn't have finished much better for him.  Player of the Year, and undefeated season and a national championship.

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2024, 08:16:31 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
The way UConn is looking right now, I wonder if he'd make a different choice if he was picking his school now, since they were apparently his 2nd choice.

Probably not, Duke is the easy, sexy choice for future NBA studs, but he could also potentially be part of back-to-back-to-back NCAA champions, and Newport, ME to Hartford/Storrs has got to be an easier commute for friends and family than it is to Durham.

(I say this minutes before UConn's Final Four game is about to start when they seem like a lock to win it all).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2024, 08:22:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

High school couldn't have finished much better for him.  Player of the Year, and undefeated season and a national championship.

Agreed. Can’t wait to see Flagg play at the next level. Feel like mens college basketball hasn’t had a prospect like this since Zion.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:47:09 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2024, 08:25:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Flagg may very well be the best high school prospect since Lebron.  I can't think of anyone else with that much hype who backs it up in high school as well as he does (I could be missing someone).  Now that doesn't mean he wil be that hyped in college or in the draft, but as a high school senior there haven't been many as good as him.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:31:06 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip