Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50177 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I don't get it.  We are 1 spot out from the playoffs and have the assets to be buyers.  Ainge must have been convinced Rondo wouldn't resign.

I think Danny wanted to ensure we wouldn't make the playoffs.  I think that might've been more of a priority than anything we got back.  I think I'm gonna be sick.

Yeah me too.  :'(

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Fire able offense for Danny (I've always had his back too).

This is GOD AWFUL. I wouldn't trade Powell for Wright straight up!!!!! Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.!!!!!!!!!???????? Worst deal everrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We lose Powell to the Mavs.   Man i liked Powell

That's what you're focusing on right now!?  I know that you hate Rondo, but come on, man.

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
We lose Powell to the Mavs.   Man i liked Powell

That's what you're focusing on right now!?  I know that you hate Rondo, but come on, man.

It's called trolling.

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Thing that makes it weird is the combined TEs don't equal Rondo's salary.  That is what is throwing me off. Unless Nelson has a trade kicker.

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

Are you sure about that? How do you think we acquired Zeller and the Cavs 2016 1st rd pick simply by using it to take on Thornton?

Wow - what a return (sarcasm). ::)  Ainge SUCKS. 

We got Zeller and a 1st rd pick for taking on 1 year of Thornton. Not sure why the sarcasm. Yes, you like Rondo, but seriously how do you not see value in a TPE?

BECAUSE AINGE HAS NOW TRADED THREE LEGENDS FOR COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE!  LOUD NOISES!

You do realize that the KG/Pierce trade is considered one of the biggest heists of all time, right? Especially in today's NBA when teams hang onto there picks like gold.

I wish you were an NBA GM, you would've been fleeced like Billy King.

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Breakdown: How C's get $12.9m exception

The Boston Celtics will generate a $12.9 million trade exception after their five-player, two-draft pick swap with the Dallas Mavericks is finalized on Thursday evening. Here's how it works:

• Boston sends: Rajon Rondo, Dwight Powell

• Dallas sends: Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, and a future first- and second-round draft pick

• How it works: Each team can present the deal differently to the league in order to maximize trade exceptions generated. Boston essentially lines up the deal by trading Rondo for no return, which generates a $12.9 million exception (his entire 2014-15 salary). Boston absorbs Wright's $5 million salary using Kris Humphries trade exception ($5.3 million), Nelson's $2.7 million via Joel Anthony trade exception ($3.8 million), and Crowder via the rest of the Anthony exception (or minimum salary exception).

• The next step: Boston was at the roster maximum of 15 players and by receiving three players in return, the Celtics must waive one additional player. That final detail should emerge when Boston formally announces the trade.

I really hope Nelson is waived.   Worse pg than Rondo.  Nobody is going to want Nelson , no point of showcasing him

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't have done at least equally if we'd waited, either until the trade deadline or until the off-season in a sign-and-trade. 

I might have understood this if we dumped Wallace's contract, or got an unprotected #1 a few years down the road.  This return is complete garbage, though.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs, but I don't think Rondo next to Ellis is a good fit.  It's an upgrade over what they had, certainly, but to me it doesn't elevate them significantly. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

He did, Ainge traded a 2nd and absorbed Thornton with the TE to get Zeller and the Cleveland 1st.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
well, this sure shows how rondo's stock has fallen in the eyes of the league GMs. obviously those GMs dont share the opinions of many posters here.

not much for rondo, but it is what it is and rondo's injury and horrific shooting certainly didnt help his trade value.

as for what the celtics get, perhaps an improved #1 pick of their own (especially if green, bass, or both go out), and a couple of other #1s. lets see what ainge does with all that.

wright? i have mixed feelings about him. it took him a while to figure out how to play in the NBA, but as of the last year or two, i like what he brings to the table. he is a rangy, athletic big who can defend the rim well, run the floor, work the pick and roll, and can clean up the offensive glass. his numbers per 36 minutes are 17-8 with 3 blocks per game.

he is also leading the league in FG% shooting a super-silly 75% from the field.

if stevens can coach wright and motivate him, he might be the celtic's center for years.

nelson, meh. i dont expect him to do much aside from cheer on smart. he and crowder are salary fillers i think.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
well, this sure shows how rondo's stock has fallen in the eyes of the league GMs. obviously those GMs dont share the opinions of many posters here.

not much for rondo, but it is what it is and rondo's injury and horrific shooting certainly didnt help his trade value.

as for what the celtics get, perhaps an improved #1 pick of their own (especially if green, bass, or both go out), and a couple of other #1s. lets see what ainge does with all that.

wright? i have mixed feelings about him. it took him a while to figure out how to play in the NBA, but as of the last year or two, i like what he brings to the table. he is a rangy, athletic big who can defend the rim well, run the floor, work the pick and roll, and can clean up the offensive glass. his numbers per 36 minutes are 17-8 with 3 blocks per game.

he is also leading the league in FG% shooting a super-silly 75% from the field.

if stevens can coach wright and motivate him, he might be the celtic's center for years.

nelson, meh. i dont expect him to do much aside from cheer on smart. he and crowder are salary fillers i think.
I don't think it means that about his stock. It's more that Rondo had leverage he wasn't signing with Sacramento or doubt even the Lakers so it left us with only the Texas teams to deal with..or risk losing him. I honestly would have rather gambled than get fleeced another piece could have come in the offseason you just never know. We could have signed him on the cheap if he truly wanted to be here maybe another hometown discount.  It sounds like Danny did the deal just to do it worse trade ever. They basically got him for nothing.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
I can see Red Auerbach in heaven lighting up a big, fat Cuban cigar!   LOL
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Well, that escalated quickly.

I was hoping for a bit more in return, and in hindsight, it might have been better to trade him sooner, but I'm glad it's finally done and we can move on now.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't have done at least equally if we'd waited, either until the trade deadline or until the off-season in a sign-and-trade. 

What's the benefit in teams doing a sign and trade for Rondo during the summer? Several potential suitors will have the necessary cap space and you can't give a 5th year in a sign and trades. There is literally little to no benefit to either the player or the receiving party. At best, the C's would get a slightly larger TPE, like they did with Humphries, in doing a S&T.

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I might have understood this if we dumped Wallace's contract, or got an unprotected #1 a few years down the road.  This return is complete garbage, though.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs, but I don't think Rondo next to Ellis is a good fit.  It's an upgrade over what they had, certainly, but to me it doesn't elevate them significantly.
roy, i understand your disappointment and that of other posters here. but lets face it. if ainge really had a better offer, he would have taken it. if ainge truly believed a better offer was coming up, he would have waited.

dispite what we want to believe, the folks who run teams in the nba do not agree with us. so let's just accept that they live in a delusional world and feel sorry for them.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva