Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50177 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
What is this about, that ESPN is reporting?

Boston has the necessary trade exceptions to absorb all the salaries from Dallas while potentially generating a valuable $12.9 million trade exception (Rondo's 2014-15 salary) to help with future roster construction.

I see that we have all the trade exceptions on our end, but does this really mean those players disappear in the deal and generate a $12.9M exception off of Rondo?

If so, it does put us in the interesting spot that we could move picks only and take back a player making up to $12.9M.

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Ainge found a lolipop in Mark Cuban...the Celtics are better for it!
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Jeff Goodman        ? @GoodmanESPN
Follow
Another NBA exec on Rondo trade: "Hell of a discount for Dallas. Like finding a mint painting at a yard sale
Hahaha spot on!
Rondo is going to fit right in I believe. I kid you not Dallas is a great fit for Rondo!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 07:02:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
What is this about, that ESPN is reporting?

Boston has the necessary trade exceptions to absorb all the salaries from Dallas while potentially generating a valuable $12.9 million trade exception (Rondo's 2014-15 salary) to help with future roster construction.

I see that we have all the trade exceptions on our end, but does this really mean those players disappear in the deal and generate a $12.9M exception off of Rondo?

If so, it does put us in the interesting spot that we could move picks only and take back a player making up to $12.9M.

We make separate trades - Dallas trades their players for our exceptions, and then in a simultaneous but technically different trade, we trade Rondo for their picks and a huge exception.

It would be a little bonus on our end, but not nearly enough to make up for the terrible deal.

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Worst trade Ainge has ever made.

Yeah, not a good one. Garbage players and a garbage pick.

This is one of the few times that I feel DA just really got hosed.  I really really hope that it comes out at some point that Rondo told DA that he wouldn't resign.  Because anything less than that makes you really question this move.

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Follow
Another NBA exec on Rondo trade: "Hell of a discount for Dallas. Like finding a mint painting at a yard sale

Then why was this the best deal Ainge could get?  I mean, you can argue that Ainge should have said no to this pile of garbage but if you think there was a much better deal out there that Ainge passed on for...what?  Because he took on overdose of stupid pills today?

Mike

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Gimme a break!

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

Are you sure about that? How do you think we acquired Zeller and the Cavs 2016 1st rd pick simply by using it to take on Thornton?

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Maybe with the Mavs better now it will help push the Clippers pick to more of our liking. Lol

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

We used most of it in the Zeller/Thornton deal.

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 07:07:02 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Follow
Hahaha spot on!
Rondo is going to fit right in I believe. I kid you not Dallas is a great fit for Rondo!

no I agree, he's an absolute fit for that team

I ALWAYS said this, go-to-scorer and a defensive minded center

Rondo, Dirk and Tyson Chandler and you have a similar play compared to Green in Parsons. That team will be amazing going forward

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Gimme a break!

Would you admit that it's likely that you, along with many here, simply overrated Rondo's value?

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Gimme a break!

Would you admit that it's likely that you, along with many here, simply overrated Rondo's value?

No.  Never.  It's the other way around, as evidenced by this 'trade.'