Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50185 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Now who stays on the roster right now? Will Nelson and Crowder be waive? Cant wait to hear Bill Simmons
Simmons is a realist.  My guess is he'll be bummed to lose Rondo, but will see it for what it was... an overrated player getting back his market value.  He's been telling us for 2 years that this was inevitable.  I believed him.  He was right. 

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:56 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm feeling surprisingly sad at the moment. I was completely fine with the Pierce/KG trade, but this one a bit depressing to me as Rondo is not at the end of his career.

On the other hand, I am fine with the move. He wasn't going to stay with us.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Now who stays on the roster right now? Will Nelson and Crowder be waive? Cant wait to hear Bill Simmons
well we've added a backup point guard in nelson so i'd assume evan turner is now a starter
brandon wright IF he is a secret package gives us ANOTHER power forward so I'd assume Bass is moved to a playoff team asap, might as well trade sully for a shooting guard, let wright start and ko off the bench at pf/c spots

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
As much as I was prepared to get hot garbage for Rondo (we lost our opportunity to get something real for him a long time ago), this is still a major kick in the face. 

Can you imagine a couple months ago if a fan came on here and posted this trade idea in the "Trade Idea" subforum?  Lol.   He'd probably get banned for trolling.   Garbage players + late 1st round pick.  I mean, you have to kind of laugh. 

If it's any condolence, Ainge also waited a couple seasons too long to trade KG and Pierce and the Nets majorly overpaid for them well after they lost their trade value.  So that combined with this garbage package for Rondo kind of evens it out.  Funny to think that ancient KG and Pierce had significantly more trade value than Rondo in his prime.  Goes ta show ya.

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I should have added ainge should can stevens now and hire ml back  :'(

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Literally better than nothing

Bright side
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Simmons is a realist.  My guess is he'll be bummed to lose Rondo, but will see it for what it was... an overrated player getting back his market value.  He's been telling us for 2 years that this was inevitable.  I believed him.  He was right.

Jackie Mac said the same thing this summer. I trust her more than simmons. Still sucks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:53 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't be surprise to see Dallas go after Ray Allen but doubt if Allen wants to play with Rondo again
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 06:33:10 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm actually kind of glad we get their 2015 pick.  I could see Rondo making Dallas worse.  They are currently sitting in 6th and San Antonio and OKC are behind them in the standings.  If Tyson Chandler, Dirk, or Parsons gets hurt for any length of time it could add a few extra losses to their plate and put them in 8th.

Problem is, for this scenario to REALLY be a coup, we'd need NO or Phx to pass them so that they finish 9th.  And I doubt that happens.  Actually, I doubt the first part happens too, but with the West being as good as it is, the line between the lottery and playoffs is a lot thinner than it usually is.

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't something else have to happen now also?  This is being reported as 3 for 1, but we have a full 15 man roster.  Is there another trade in place?  I'd hate to see us just cut Powell and Favarani.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I agree that Danny probably waited too long to trade Rondo but what did everyone expect to get for a 3/4 of a season of Rondo coming of a an injury? I think we were spoiled by the Pierce/KG trade.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm actually kind of glad we get their 2015 pick.  I could see Rondo making Dallas worse. They are currently sitting in 6th and San Antonio and OKC are behind them in the standings.  If Tyson Chandler, Dirk, or Parsons gets hurt for any length of time it could add a few extra losses to their plate and put them in 8th.

Problem is, for this scenario to REALLY be a coup, we'd need NO or Phx to pass them so that they finish 9th.  And I doubt that happens.  Actually, I doubt the first part happens too, but with the West being as good as it is, the line between the lottery and playoffs is a lot thinner than it usually is.
If there was ever a candidate for Ewing Theory, it's Rondo.  We have a couple years of evidence to support it.   Rondo making that team worse is certainly in play.

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I assume we'll cut Pressey, too.

Anyway, someone should probably call BBallTim and Celtics18. Gotta keep them away from high windows for the evening.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't something else have to happen now also?  This is being reported as 3 for 1, but we have a full 15 man roster.  Is there another trade in place?  I'd hate to see us just cut Powell and Favarani.
Powell is being shipped with Rondo. Faverani or Pressey will get cut.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."