Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50177 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

^ What he said...   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I like this deal slightly more if it's followed by a trade for Lance Stephenson.  At least then it shows that Ainge had some kind of reason for making the move when he made it. 

As someone said earlier, though... making the trade today/tomorrow allows us to trade these pieces we receive by the deadline, right?  That's obviously key to the motivation to move him now.

Something else must be in the works or planned. Ugh please
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I guess in theory we could immediately absorb Lance with this TPE. Don't know if that makes me happy or not.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
and as for draft picks...well we aren't good at picking anyway......the ones we get...never pan out......we have a BIG BAG of 2 guards who think they are PG's...yet cannot handlke the ball to save themselves or our team...you'll see.....the only one who can is pressey, and a lot because he moves fast...rondo was just a GREAT ball handler.....unmatched.......oh I am sooooo p---ED....now zeller and many others will suffer as most just LOOK at people moving and pass when THJEY are done with the ball, NOT when the moving person wants and is ready for it......hideous..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

I know its been an emotional day,  but we drafted Rondo amongst others.  Rondo didn't pan out?

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
When will we see a press conference from the Mavs and Celtics side regarding this trade??

I want someone to ask Danny, I thought you said Rondo won't be traded last month?

what a sneaky guy. Never going to believe him again. But i'm grateful also for this trade

A Rondo trade was obvious the moment we drafted Marcus Smart. I remember an interview with CSNNE, in which Ainge himself said he expects Smart to play PG.

It's part of his job to deny any intention of trading one of his players, otherwise he'd just sabotage himself.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
anyone  know much about Crowder. I remember reading he is like a Leon Powe clone

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I like this deal slightly more if it's followed by a trade for Lance Stephenson.  At least then it shows that Ainge had some kind of reason for making the move when he made it. 

As someone said earlier, though... making the trade today/tomorrow allows us to trade these pieces we receive by the deadline, right?  That's obviously key to the motivation to move him now.

I've been saying that since yesterday. Take the flyer on a Smart/Stephenson backcourt. What do you have to lose at this point? Probably even get a pick with it, too, if you include Green and/or Bass.

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I predict it now .....just wait and see.

DA  has built the gallows and tied the noose  around his neck with this awful deal.  He dumped the most popular player for peanuts and set the rebuild back by 20 year.  DA won't live that long....to see another celtics team competing for a title.   .....what a moron.

Celtic nation will be calling for Wyc to fire Danny sooner than latter.

Celtics won't be right until 2023 .

20 years? That's a big setback for an almost 30 year-old that is looking for a lot of money this summer.

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When will we see a press conference from the Mavs and Celtics side regarding this trade??

I want someone to ask Danny, I thought you said Rondo won't be traded last month?

what a sneaky guy. Never going to believe him again. But i'm grateful also for this trade

A Rondo trade was obvious the moment we drafted Marcus Smart. I remember an interview with CSNNE, in which Ainge himself said he expects Smart to play PG.

It's part of his job to deny any intention of trading one of his players, otherwise he'd just sabotage himself.

From that double OT wizards game, i think Danny and the owners new this was Smarts team moving fwd

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I guess in theory we could immediately absorb Lance with this TPE. Don't know if that makes me happy or not.

Woah, wasn't even thinking about that. Though I'm sure Charlotte wants Green or Bass at the very least.

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Let's not forget that this deal is supposedly giving us a sizable TPE and we're said to be looking to flip Wright before the deadline. The end result of this deal could be much better than it currently appears.

Who cares?  We got a 'sizeably tpe,' for Pierce, too, and Danny never even used it.  There's no two ways around it - this deal SUCKS.

We got Zeller, Thornton and a 1st for the Pierce TPE.

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
anyone  know much about Crowder. I remember reading he is like a Leon Powe clone

He's a SF. 3 and D guy (even though he's struggled with the 3), very aggressive and young.

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Woah, wasn't even thinking about that. Though I'm sure Charlotte wants Green or Bass at the very least.

Bass has pretty negligible value so they're welcome to him if they want.

Reuniting Turner and Lance would be such a ballsy move

Great words from a great man

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014, 07:48:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

We got Zeller, Thornton and a 1st for the Pierce TPE.

Exactly. This trade is multi-layered. Let's see where the pick lands, what we turn the TPE into, what we flip Wright for, and what Rondo signs for.

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
and as for draft picks...well we aren't good at picking anyway......the ones we get...never pan out......we have a BIG BAG of 2 guards who think they are PG's...yet cannot handlke the ball to save themselves or our team...you'll see.....the only one who can is pressey, and a lot because he moves fast...rondo was just a GREAT ball handler.....unmatched.......oh I am sooooo p---ED....now zeller and many others will suffer as most just LOOK at people moving and pass when THJEY are done with the ball, NOT when the moving person wants and is ready for it......hideous..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
meadow, let's calm down. like the trade or not, it is done. the celtics have traded other stars in the past...pierce and walker being two. but we still watch our celtics.

and let's face it, the celtics DO draft well and ainge is one of the better gms in the league at drafting, particularly in the later parts of the draft.

take a deep breath, tell ainge you hate him, then come back and post some more here.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva