Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50188 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ainge panicked.  This is awful.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
I also dont think his value was helped by the fact that he has been on the trading block for YEARS. Its been rumored so many times for so long, I wonder if some teams didnt even offer based on the idea he isnt so valued to his home organization.

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't have done at least equally if we'd waited, either until the trade deadline or until the off-season in a sign-and-trade. 

I might have understood this if we dumped Wallace's contract, or got an unprotected #1 a few years down the road.  This return is complete garbage, though.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs, but I don't think Rondo next to Ellis is a good fit.  It's an upgrade over what they had, certainly, but to me it doesn't elevate them significantly.
roy, i understand your disappointment and that of other posters here. but lets face it. if ainge really had a better offer, he would have taken it. if ainge truly believed a better offer was coming up, he would have waited.

dispite what we want to believe, the folks who run teams in the nba do not agree with us. so let's just accept that they live in a delusional world and feel sorry for them.  ;)

I completely agree with this and am still p---ed at the same time. I'm basically mad at life all of a sudden.

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I like this deal slightly more if it's followed by a trade for Lance Stephenson.  At least then it shows that Ainge had some kind of reason for making the move when he made it. 

As someone said earlier, though... making the trade today/tomorrow allows us to trade these pieces we receive by the deadline, right?  That's obviously key to the motivation to move him now.

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
It's hard for me to believe that we couldn't have done at least equally if we'd waited, either until the trade deadline or until the off-season in a sign-and-trade. 

I might have understood this if we dumped Wallace's contract, or got an unprotected #1 a few years down the road.  This return is complete garbage, though.

I'll be rooting for the Mavs, but I don't think Rondo next to Ellis is a good fit.  It's an upgrade over what they had, certainly, but to me it doesn't elevate them significantly.
roy, i understand your disappointment and that of other posters here. but lets face it. if ainge really had a better offer, he would have taken it. if ainge truly believed a better offer was coming up, he would have waited.

dispite what we want to believe, the folks who run teams in the nba do not agree with us. so let's just accept that they live in a delusional world and feel sorry for them.  ;)

I completely agree with this and am still p---ed at the same time. I'm basically mad at life all of a sudden.
understandable. but we can look at the bright side. there are positives here. for example...

wright might actually be the rim protector the celtics need.
wright might respond to steven's coaching and become a very good center.
we no longer have to have each and every thread in cb end in a debate over trading rondo.  :D

and finally, we now actually know who here was correct in trying to peg rondo's market value.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I like this deal slightly more if it's followed by a trade for Lance Stephenson.  At least then it shows that Ainge had some kind of reason for making the move when he made it. 

As someone said earlier, though... making the trade today/tomorrow allows us to trade these pieces we receive by the deadline, right?  That's obviously key to the motivation to move him now.

Hmmm....interesting. We could actually take him on by absorbing him via the TPE we just acquired.

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
you know I bet they never talked to rondo about staying......if they didn't, it was completely stupid.......they were afraid of getting nothing, so then they went out and got nothing...nelson is done........the rest are who.......I am totally disgusted with this....

« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

Yep.  60 day re-aggregation window before a player can be traded again.

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

That was fast lol

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When will we see a press conference from the Mavs and Celtics side regarding this trade??

I want someone to ask Danny, I thought you said Rondo won't be traded last month?

what a sneaky guy. Never going to believe him again. But i'm grateful also for this trade

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
and as for draft picks...well we aren't good at picking anyway......the ones we get...never pan out......we have a BIG BAG of 2 guards who think they are PG's...yet cannot handlke the ball to save themselves or our team...you'll see.....the only one who can is pressey, and a lot because he moves fast...rondo was just a GREAT ball handler.....unmatched.......oh I am sooooo p---ED....now zeller and many others will suffer as most just LOOK at people moving and pass when THJEY are done with the ball, NOT when the moving person wants and is ready for it......hideous..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
 I predict it now .....just wait and see.

DA  has built the gallows and tied the noose  around his neck with this awful deal.  He dumped the most popular player for peanuts and set the rebuild back by 20 year.  DA won't live that long....to see another celtics team competing for a title.   .....what a moron.

Celtic nation will be calling for Wyc to fire Danny sooner than latter.

Celtics won't be right until 2023 .