Author Topic: Woj: Jrue to Celtics  (Read 66014 times)

Re: Woj: Jrue to Celtics
« Reply #510 on: Yesterday at 08:43:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25595
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Purely hypothetical:  Milwaukee offers us Dame for Jrue, Hauser (in place of Grayson Allen), a #1 and two pick swaps.

Any interest?

I was making a case for Jrue over Lillard straight up on Reddit. The Bucks were 9 games worse this year and that was with 22 extra Middleton games and 10 extra Giannis games. They were quite simply a worse team with overrated Lillard.

So, no, of course not. But I'm guessing this hypothetical is just making an obvious point that MIL messed up.

Yep.  I don't know what Milwaukee was thinking, particularly because it was likely that Jrue would end up with Philly, Miami or Boston.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #511 on: Yesterday at 08:53:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981
Purely hypothetical:  Milwaukee offers us Dame for Jrue, Hauser (in place of Grayson Allen), a #1 and two pick swaps.

Any interest?

I was making a case for Jrue over Lillard straight up on Reddit. The Bucks were 9 games worse this year and that was with 22 extra Middleton games and 10 extra Giannis games. They were quite simply a worse team with overrated Lillard.

So, no, of course not. But I'm guessing this hypothetical is just making an obvious point that MIL messed up.

Yep.  I don't know what Milwaukee was thinking, particularly because it was likely that Jrue would end up with Philly, Miami or Boston.

I honestly don't think we do a straight up Lillard for Jrue swap at this point, and it has as much to do with fit as anything. Like, sure, on the whole Lillard is the better overall player right now, but he's absolutely not what this team needs. For the Celtics, Jrue is exactly what this team needs.

It'd honestly probably take a little more from Milwaukee to make that worth our while. Just no point in that kind of trade for us.

« Reply #512 on: Yesterday at 09:17:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1790
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Any interest?

I honestly don't think we do a straight up Lillard for Jrue swap at this point, and it has as much to do with fit as anything. Like, sure, on the whole Lillard is the better overall player individual volume scorer right now, but he's absolutely not what this team needs. For the Celtics, Jrue is exactly what this team needs.

It'd honestly probably take a little more from Milwaukee to make that worth our while. Just no point in that kind of trade for us.

Made a minor change. But, yeah, between contract, fit, and intangibles (and you guys know how much I love intangibles based on my Smart love), MIL would have to have picks/swaps coming our way in a trade

« Reply #513 on: Yesterday at 09:19:39 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 974

Any interest?

I honestly don't think we do a straight up Lillard for Jrue swap at this point, and it has as much to do with fit as anything. Like, sure, on the whole Lillard is the better overall player right now, but he's absolutely not what this team needs. For the Celtics, Jrue is exactly what this team needs.

Interesting enough. Lillard, Beal and Jrue all changed teams and only one improved their new team. Defense plus offense !