Author Topic: 2018-19 Bruins Season  (Read 101692 times)

2018-19 Bruins Season
« on: October 04, 2018, 12:16:25 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
7-0 thrashing at the hands of the champs on opening night.

Should be a fun season. ::)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: 2018-19 Bruins Season
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 12:36:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just an embarrassing showing. This game was over after 1 minute and 47 seconds into the game and only got worse from there.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »

• Satch Sanders

Just an embarrassing showing. This game was over after 1 minute and 47 seconds into the game and only got worse from there.

Makes me wonder what in the world they were doing in training camp. Even the absolute worst teams in the NHL don't suffer many of these types of losses, and the Bruins are supposed to be a playoff team. *channels Allen Iverson*
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:14 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Bruins on fire lately (bit of luck in this stretch), great road win against Vegas.

Need Bruins to win to complete the quad!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:08:43 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Bruins on fire lately (bit of luck in this stretch), great road win against Vegas.

Need Bruins to win to complete the quad!

Any chance we get Boston vs LA Stanley Cup Finals? Gotta #BeatLA again!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Bruins have picked up at least a point in 18 straight games.  They haven't lost a game in regulation since January 19.  That's pretty remarkable.  Even more remarkably, they're still 15 points (!!) behind Tampa Bay for first in the division / conference / NHL.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:17:24 PM »

• Satch Sanders
The Bruins have picked up at least a point in 18 straight games.  They haven't lost a game in regulation since January 19.  That's pretty remarkable.  Even more remarkably, they're still 15 points (!!) behind Tampa Bay for first in the division / conference / NHL.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's more amazing—Boston's point streak (and being second in the NHL) or Tampa Bay's season. And the Bruins have been without Pastrnak the last couple weeks, which makes their streak even more impressive.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 11:21:57 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
BRUINS PLAYOFF SCHEDULE FIRST ROUND

#Leafs-Bruins first-round schedule:
Game 1 @ BOS, Thursday 7 pm
Game 2 @ BOS, Saturday 8 pm
Game 3 @ TOR, Mon Apr 15, 7 pm
Game 4 @ TOR, Wed Apr 17, 7 pm
Game 5 @ BOS, Friday, Apr 19 TBD
Game 6 @ TOR, Sunday, Apr 21 TBD
Game 7 @ BOS, Tuesday Apr 23 TBD

(All Times In EST)

I don't think they've announced TV networks for each game yet but they will soon?

Another thing to look at, is that a Bruins game at 8 PM this Saturday likely means the Celtics are either playing early Saturday or sometime on Sunday (assuming they wrap up the 4th seed). IIRC last year it was a similar scenario and we played the early game on Sunday.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 09:40:41 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Welp, one game in and the Bruins have already lost home ice. Great work, fellas.

P.S.: I still hate the NHL playoff format. The Bruins are the second-best team in the East, so they shouldn't be playing the No. 5 team in the first round.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 11:26:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Welp, one game in and the Bruins have already lost home ice. Great work, fellas.

P.S.: I still hate the NHL playoff format. The Bruins are the second-best team in the East, so they shouldn't be playing the No. 5 team in the first round.

The Bruins should be able to beat the #5 ranked team, but I seriously don't know how they came up with that cockamamie format. The same thing (even worse) happened last year, too.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 01:09:58 AM »

• Satch Sanders

The Bruins should be able to beat the #5 ranked team, but I seriously don't know how they came up with that cockamamie format. The same thing (even worse) happened last year, too.

I remember last postseason. Wasn't cool.

You're right—they should be able to beat the No. 5 seed. Only time will tell.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 02:30:42 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I remember last postseason. Wasn't cool.

You're right—they should be able to beat the No. 5 seed. Only time will tell.

I guess the Bruins' season is over then. Lose home-court advantage like that. Winning in Toronto may be tough for them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 10:58:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Fantastic bounceback win by the B's! They looked like a different team tonight  ;D

Rask was amazing. Lots of physical play and hits by our team. And we were a lot crisper with our passes and didn't turn the puck over much. Backes came in and helped set the tone with his physical play, and DeBrusk was great too.

And screw Kadri  >:(

I hope that clown gets suspended the rest of this series. I don't think he does to be honest, but he definitely deserves at least 3 games for what he did on the ice. Also, I loved how he apparently suffered a "severe injury" after the knee-to-knee contact with DeBrusk (which was inadvertent), but then magically came back 100% in the 3rd period. Moron.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Not Bruins related, but WOW

Lightning win 62 games in the regular season and the Presidents' Trophy. And they just got SWEPT in the first round to the Blue Jackets. What a collapse...  :o

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not Bruins related, but WOW

Lightning win 62 games in the regular season and the Presidents' Trophy. And they just got SWEPT in the first round to the Blue Jackets. What a collapse...  :o
Doors are opening for Bruins. They have to take control and beat Toronto without Kadri, have avoided Tampa but have to play a good Columbus team, which they should have a good chance to beat. Bruins would have fallen hard to the Lightning.

They are as good or better a team as any team left in the playoffs. They could get a Cup this year.......providing they come back and beat Toronto.