Poll

Who do you think wins this trade

Boston
Cavs

Author Topic: POLL:Who do you think wins this trade?  (Read 5737 times)

Re: POLL:Who do you think wins this trade?
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Cleveland Won This Trade.

But how the hell is Boston winning this poll 75% to 25%...  ???

It's funny because seems like the national media and most fanbases outside of CLE and BOS also feel Cleveland just robbed BOS. But that's mainly because of the BKN Pick they included and most assume that's a certain Top-3 pick. We'll have to see about that.

Phantom, give it a break.

It's pretty clear why Boston is winning.

Are you just straight up ignoring the facts? 
Do you really think the BRK pick is gonna be better then Kyrie Irving?
Do you know Kyries place historically among other top 5 draft picks? I dont think you do as you seem to act like a talent like Kyrie comes around willy nilly and will fall into BRK's lap (ridiculously low chance)
Do you know that IT is legitimately injured and much older and smaller then Kyrie?
Do you know that Kyrie is a much better and proven playoff performer and his contract has an extra year on it?
You realize that Jae Crowder being gone is a net positive for the development of our two best young players and the all-star we just signed to play his position!?!

Are you just rolling with "IT was better last season then kyrie!" without using the context that IT was the 100% focus of our offense and Kyrie was an after thought spot up shooter and last second bail out iso player for the cavs.

Are you just rolling with "Jae's contract was one of the best in the league"!? Well who cares if Jae's impact is marginal compared to what Tatum and Brown have the potential to do and Hayward is a clear upgrade?

Are you just rolling with .... what? I don't see it man.

No GM is picking a 29 year old IT over a 27 year old Kyrie to sign to a max contract... not one GM in the league would do that.  Why would you rather us do that?

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 12:49:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Are you just rolling with "IT was better last season then kyrie!" without using the context that IT was the 100% focus of our offense and Kyrie was an after thought spot up shooter and last second bail out iso player for the cavs.

It's kind of comical that you're calling out another poster for getting his facts wrong, when you post this nonsense.

Kyrie led the Cavs in shot attempts and usage last year. He was hardly an "after thought". Where do you get that from?

It just confirms my suspicion that some of the trade's biggest fans know very little about Kyrie or Cleveland (which amazes me because they've got to play at least 40 nationally televised games per year).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 12:57:10 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18

It's kind of comical that you're calling out another poster for getting his facts wrong, when you post this nonsense.

Kyrie led the Cavs in shot attempts and usage last year. He was hardly an "after thought". Where do you get that from?

It just confirms my suspicion that some of the trade's biggest fans know very little about Kyrie or Cleveland (which amazes me because they've got to play at least 40 nationally televised games per year).

Yeah kyrie was an after thought on the cavs, the first thought was lebron and what works for lebron.  Are you disputing that fact?  IT was our focal point this season.  Context matters. 

Nice cherry pick? Even if what you are attempting to twist into being incorrect was actually incorrect (it's not, The offense was constructed around Lebron) it still wouldn't change the fact that Kyrie is a better player. 

Who would you rather sign max, 29 IT or 27 Kyrie?

Those were our choices, thank god kyrie demanded a trade to us and it didn't take long for Danny and Brad to be thanking god either.

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18

The only hole you could perceive in my entire arguement was to take literal my point on a very small issue , so then overall you must agree with me?

I also never said he got the facts wrong just that he was ignoring the facts, just like you are as you attempt to make me look bad by discrediting me saying I don't watch the games.... which is what people do when they have no other argument.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:09:02 AM by incoherent »

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2017, 01:07:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah kyrie was an after thought on the cavs, the first thought was lebron and what works for lebron.  Are you disputing that fact?  IT was our focal point this season.  Context matters. 

Nice cherry pick? Even if what you are attempting to twist into being incorrect was actually incorrect (it's not, The offense was constructed around Lebron) it still wouldn't change the fact that Kyrie is a better player. 

Who would you rather sign max, 29 IT or 27 Kyrie?

Those were our choices, thank god kyrie demanded a trade to us and it didn't take long for Danny and Brad to be thanking god either.

So the guy who gets the most shots and who uses the most possessions is an "after thought"? Presumably he was an afterthought for opposing defenses, too, making his job easier?

IT was simply better last year. More points on fewer shots, among other advantages. But, the trade isn't IT for Kyrie. It's Crowder (an above average two-way player), Zizic, a projected top-5 pick, and a future #2.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 01:44:50 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
It all comes down to where that Brooklyn pick lands. Simple as that.

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
It all comes down to where that Brooklyn pick lands. Simple as that.

No it doesn't.  That pick has to land pretty high, and then that player has to be really really good to offset us losing out of 7 years of Prime Kyrie.

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Cleveland Won This Trade.

But how the hell is Boston winning this poll 75% to 25%...  ???

It's funny because seems like the national media and most fanbases outside of CLE and BOS also feel Cleveland just robbed BOS. But that's mainly because of the BKN Pick they included and most assume that's a certain Top-3 pick. We'll have to see about that.

Phantom, give it a break.

It's pretty clear why Boston is winning.

Are you just straight up ignoring the facts? 
Do you really think the BRK pick is gonna be better then Kyrie Irving?
Do you know Kyries place historically among other top 5 draft picks? I dont think you do as you seem to act like a talent like Kyrie comes around willy nilly and will fall into BRK's lap (ridiculously low chance)
Do you know that IT is legitimately injured and much older and smaller then Kyrie?
Do you know that Kyrie is a much better and proven playoff performer and his contract has an extra year on it?
You realize that Jae Crowder being gone is a net positive for the development of our two best young players and the all-star we just signed to play his position!?!

Are you just rolling with "Jae's contract was one of the best in the league"!? Well who cares if Jae's impact is marginal compared to what Tatum and Brown have the potential to do and Hayward is a clear upgrade?

Are you just rolling with .... what? I don't see it man.

No GM is picking a 29 year old IT over a 27 year old Kyrie to sign to a max contract... not one GM in the league would do that.  Why would you rather us do that?

Here's the thing though.

Kyrie was on a team WITH Lebron on it.

Kyrie has NOT proven he can be a true alpha that can lead a team far in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Isaiah has as evident last year.

Yes Kyrie is a phenomenal playoff performer and an "assassin" at the biggest stages, but again, you really think the Cavs are making it far in the playoffs without Lebron and just Kyrie+Love? Nope.

Now could Kyrie elevate his game and become a true alpha? Absolutely.

BUT for now it's okay to express doubts. I don't know if Kyrie can take that next step, and neither do you. Will be a huge adjustment for Kyrie and I'm sure he knows it too. It's a risky gamble on all sides.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

I love Isaiah, but he didn't really prove what some are acting like he did. We beat 2 mediocre teams in Washington and Chicago. That's hardly comparable to what Irving did in the '16 finals, against the best team in the NBA, against what many regarded as the best PG in the NBA. On a stage IT has never even seen.

I hate giving up the BRK pick with no protection, but I love trading IT. He was great for us, but he's too much of a liability to build a team around, and his injury makes him too great a risk to invest in. Ainge solved two problems in one fell swoop.

If the BRK pick turns out to be top 2 or 3, Ainge may have made a big mistake. If it's not, IMO, we won this trade by a mile.