Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249258 times)

Re: Lucky/GC's Yahoo! H2H League: 2014 Draft Lottery
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Is the draft order set?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Is the draft order set?

I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the 3 GMs I've contacted about issues I saw with their rosters, lineups, etc. that may slightly effect the draft order.

I will then post the *revised* draft order --- probably by this Monday or so....
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Is the draft order set?

I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the 3 GMs I've contacted about issues I saw with their rosters, lineups, etc. that may slightly effect the draft order.

I will then post the *revised* draft order --- probably by this Monday or so....

Uh-oh, are we seeing the Adam Silver hammer drop??

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is the draft order set?

Uh-oh, are we seeing the Adam Silver hammer drop??
God I hope so.

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
From the new-and-improved Orig. Post which will get updated througout the offseason:

Final 2014 Draft Order (draft will be sometime btween late-Aug. and Mid-Sept.)

1. Kwhit10                                                 
2. Webskins
3. Juggernauts
4. MMSB
5. LarryBird 17
6. Juggernauts
7. Draft Dodgers
8. Gainesville Celtics
9. Eja
10. Eja
11. Rubio&Friends
12. MMSB
13. Juggernauts
14. Webskins
15. Birdman
16. 50Shades of Aaron Gray
17. Webskins
18. Utah Flash
19. Kwhit10
20. Webskins
21. Webskins
22. MMSB
23. Ya'll Hate
24. Webskins
25. Rusted Rims
26. Ya'll Hate
27. Gainesville Celtics
28. Rubio&Friends
29. Kwhit10
30. Eja
31. Eja
32. MMSB
33. Gainesville Celtics
34. Too Talented to Fail
35. Eja
36. MMSB
37. COYS
38. LarryBird 17
39. Draft Dodgers
40. Gainesville Celtics
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Awesome! I can't wait for Marcus Smart to fall to #18!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Looking at my picks...I am looking forward to summer league...I have 9,10,30,31, and 35, and I am pretty much putting them all on the market.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm looking for late 1st rounders or second round picks. Players available are:

Will Bynum
Jonas Jerebko
Mike Dunleavy
Kirk Hinrich
Richard Jefferson

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
From the new-and-improved Orig. Post which will get updated througout the offseason:

Final 2014 Draft Order (draft will be sometime btween late-Aug. and Mid-Sept.)

1. Kwhit10                                                 
2. Webskins
3. Juggernauts
4. MMSB
5. LarryBird 17
6. Juggernauts
7. Draft Dodgers
8. Gainesville Celtics
9. Eja
10. Eja
11. Rubio&Friends
12. MMSB
13. Juggernauts
14. Webskins
15. Birdman
16. 50Shades of Aaron Gray
17. Webskins
18. Utah Flash
19. Kwhit10
20. Webskins
21. Webskins
22. MMSB
23. Ya'll Hate
24. Webskins
25. Rusted Rims
26. Ya'll Hate
27. Gainesville Celtics
28. Rubio&Friends
29. Kwhit10
30. Eja
31. Eja
32. MMSB
33. Gainesville Celtics
34. Too Talented to Fail
35. Eja
36. MMSB
37. COYS
38. LarryBird 17
39. Draft Dodgers
40. Gainesville Celtics

GC, is the first round order open for debate? You must've felt moving Kane back two spots from the 2nd pick to the fourth, as you did with Jared, was too harsh a penalty for his inactivity; instead penalizing him via the other three first round picks - the Flash's, the Boys' and the Rims' - he's acquired through trades. In my mind, any putative measure that doesn't involve just outright replacing guys, should be balanced against some attempt to recompense those mangers hurt most in any tanking effort - managers at the bottom of the standings despite their efforts to field competitive teams.

Altering the draft positions of playoff teams instead gives a boon to strong teams unaffected by tanking (or whichever managers happen to now own those late picks). For example LB17 (89-130) doesn't move up at all, but our third best team 50 Shades (137-80) does? So your final draft order has some weird consequences: there are just three managers with picks who don't move up at least a spot, LB17 most egregiously, you, and me, and we're all fielding mid- to late lottery teams. Don't misunderstand me, I'm fine with my draft position, less fine with tanking, but given any choice, would prefer an unedited draft order and stern warnings to seeing the rest of the league that I've got to compete against benefit incidentally from a tank job as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:01:17 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I have picks 23 and 26.  I am open to packaging them to move up in the draft, or trading them for a player who can help.

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Instant Rebuild Package Available!

I am looking to package some combo of

UF 2015 #1
UF 2015 #2
Archie Goodwin
Thomas Robinson
Tony Wroten

...for an interesting young player or high #1 pick.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
after all the free agency/draft craziness how is your team looking?

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
after all the free agency/draft craziness how is your team looking?

Utah Flash Mid-Summer Roster Report

Although the UF's offseason is not on par with Eja's epic off season, I am liking how my young'ng are progressing.

Archie Goodwin looks very impressive in the summer league, ave 17 pts 2 stls per game. Now if McDonough would please stop drafting & signing guards, it would be most helpful.

Last night Thomas Robinson (14pts & 12rbs) matched up against Donatas Motiejunas (14pts 6rbs) and both looked pretty good. I was hoping for a Bosh signing with Houston, so D-Mo would be traded out of town, but it looks like I will have to wait a little longer for "Free D-Mo!!".

The big winner in the Linsantiy to the Fakers was Eja who now has a starting point guard. The other winner was Tony Wroten, who would have been behind both MCW & Lin in Phili had that rumored trade happen. With the decks cleared in Phili, I expect the explosive PG/SG to improve on last year's 13pts, 3ast, and 3rbs.

Did I mention that Wroten dropped 53 last week at the Seattle Pro-Am?  :o 8) ;D :o :o :o

The loser in the Lin-2-Fakers deal was my guy Kendall Marshall. Lin will start in LA and Marshall will back him up. Nash is a non-factor as he will either we waived or injured. Still I expect Marshall to get his. Lin is very injury prone and only has a year on his contract. Hopefully Kendall will improve his game and take over the starting gig next year.

With McBob taking his talents to South Beach, Cody Zeller is the starting PF by default.    Vonleh may get some minutes to(He did grab 18 rbs last night), but is not shooting well. Zeller has a wide open window for PT next season. He played much better during the last 2 1/2 months of the last season. If he can continue that progress and develop a 3pt shot, he'll get all the minute that he can handle.

Both Victor Oladipo & Tim Hardaway Jr. look great in summer league.

Jeremy Lamb
scored a lot of points during summer league play, but shot poorly, only 32%. He did fill up the stat line ave 5rbs, 2ast, ~ a steal, and ~ a block.

What's very disconcerting is a that OKC signed Anthony Morrow. I love Morrow. He's a light's out 3 pt shot, which is what OKC really needs. He's the perfect rotational SG/SF for them. However, with Scott "In veterans we trust" Brooks at the helm, Morrow may start and eat up a lot of minutes that should go to Lamb... and Reggie Jackson. Poor Steve Adams will still be backing up Perkin's corpse this season. Rookie Mitch McGary, who looked great during summer league, will likely ride the DLeague bus all season.

I despise Brooks.

I left the player who I am most excited about for last... Mirza Teletovic!!!

The Brooklyn Nets let PP, Blatch, and Livingston walk, leaving Mirza, Lopez, Plumlee (Eja!), and KG's fossilized corpse to man the front court. Given Mirza's gift from long range scoring, I expect an epic number of 3pts this season. I can't wait!

Mk

P.S. The UF have already completed one trade this offseason. If you like to discuss any deals, hit me up:

Kemba Walker
Kendall Marshall
Tim Hardaway, Jr.
Victor Oladipo
Paul George
Lance Stevenson
Mirza Teletovic
Roy Hibbert
Derrick Favors
Tony Wroten
Cody Zeller
Jeremy Lamb
Donatas Motiejunas
Thomas Robinson Traded  :o
Archie Goodwin
UF 2015 #1
UF 2015 #2

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:53:00 AM by mkogav »

DKC Knicks

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
My team was really bad last year, yet I've convinced myself it was a fluke and that I am poised for a decent year.  I have draft picks 23 and 26.  So... I'm actively looking to make some trades.

James Harden
John Wall   
Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah   
Nikola Pekovic   
Nikola Mirotic
John Henson   
Henry Sims
Marco Belinelli   
Jeff Adrien      
Al-Farouq Aminu   
Lou Williams
Isaiah Canaan   
Robert Covington      
Sergey Karasev      
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:32:29 AM by yall hate »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Where do I find the latest updated rosters? 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.