Author Topic: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now  (Read 9421 times)

Re: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Even though it's dramatic, I kind of get what the GM is saying. Ennis is the anti-Irving. Irving will put up all the stats, but has been called out repeatedly for not being a leader and not being a winner. Ennis is a winner. He could put up much better stats than he does, but he does what he needs to do to lead his team to wins. He's a floor general. Irving is not. I still wouldn't take him over Irving, personally, but I think whoever drafts him is going to be very happy to have him running the point.

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Well that's kind of bold to say! I like Ennis, but take Ennis over Irving.

If it's the Cavs GM he can call Ainge on draftday and trade our pick for Kyrie...

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You know when people read something that Ainge says and say "Well obviously he's just trying to hype up... blah blah whatever"?

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening here.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 04:05:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You know when people read something that Ainge says and say "Well obviously he's just trying to hype up... blah blah whatever"?

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening here.

It feels to me like it was more of an off-the-cuff comment as part of a broader criticism of Kyrie, and Ennis was an easy contrast since the Duke-Syracuse game was so recent.  But who knows of course.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You might be right--I pay about as much attention to college ball as I do the Cavs.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.