Author Topic: "Dinosaurs 'gassed' themselves into extinction"  (Read 6230 times)

Re: "Dinosaurs 'gassed' themselves into extinction"
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Now I feel dangerous!  ;D ;D ;D

because I am old now.. dont think bad things...

p.s. Celtics should buy some air extractor on that locker room

LOL ... if you're old, Edgar, then I'm ancient!

This one put a smile on my face, though ... had to share it with my work-mates, as flatulence is something that gets us through the day, (very long, contextual story).

It's an intriguing hypothesis, though it doesn't pass the smell test, (sorry, couldn't resist) ... there would be far more gas produced by their decaying flesh and their droppings, and even that would come up a whiff-or-two short of a breeze.

I can see that this thread is going to be the one to watch today for giggles ... the puns this stirs up are endless, and I'm trying real hard to not use them all up in one post.

Some great physics stuff for your students, too, W, (though it would need to be handled delicately, I suppose). Just think of the emanations ... what a blast!

(Have at it, Redz). ;)

Cows and Sheep produce about 37% of all methane gas produced in the world today.  Those are quite small compared to giant dinosaurs.  Not a crazy theory.
I would think if this were the case the Earth would have been a very hot place when there were bison herds the size of Connecticut in North America, but rather it was very cold during this time to the point it was called the little ice age. Perhaps they aren't taking into account all the extra wild growth that would have existed with nobody to cut anything down.