Author Topic: Another Horrible Draft. (Except Nate)  (Read 1175 times)

Another Horrible Draft. (Except Nate)
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This was an awesome year for freakish pass rushers. And we were to scared to even attempt to take one of them.

Parcells drafted Willie M, He drafted Demarcus Ware, and Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks. Parcells is Better at drafting Players than Belichick. Hands Down.

Why does are Bill refuse to attempt to draft Defensive Studs?
 Bill is still probably the best coach in the game. But a below average GM. This I'm sure.

Here were the Pass rushing beasts this year.

Von Miller 2nd pick 9.5 sacks
 Aldon Smith 7th pick 6.5 sacks
 Ryan Kerrigan  41 tackles 5 sacks 4 forced fumbles 16th pick
 A. Clayborn 20th pick 3 sacks 1 ff
 Brooks Reed 42nd pick 5 sacks 27 tackles Media favorite
 Robert Quinn 14th pick 3 sacks 1 FF,  N.E. fans favorite

Those were the consensus top six pash rushers then and now. The only guy we didn't have a shot at was Von Miller, but armed with picks 17,28,33,60,74,92, and so on we could have nabbed anyone else.

In particular Ryan Kerrigan how had a great motor, smart kid big and tall 6'4" 267 pounds in his last two years at Purdue he had 136 tackles 3 FF and 24.5 Sacks!! Amazing numbers.

Re: Another Horrible Draft. (Except Nate)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Continued, If I could draft it would look like this.

Package the 17th pick with the Mallett pick 74th a total os 1170 points on the draft sheet to the Dolphins for the 15th pick and take Ryan Kerrigan. The Dolphins would still have gotten Pouncey at 17, plus the 74th pick, No Brainer.

I still make the Trade with the Saints for Ingram, And pick up a 2012 first and the 56th pick this year, but I don't take Shane Vereen!

With the 33rd pick I take Brooks Reed Or Akeen Ayers I loved them both, If I had to choose I take Reed. Which gives us a Dominant four Linebackers with Kerrigan,Spikes,Mayo, And Reed.

We would actually have an Average Defense with those Linebackers. Oh and what a Joke Ras-I Dowling is, he'd be great if he could stay healthy but he can't not since High School.

With the 56th pick you have options Torrey Smith, Mikel Leshoure, Greg Little, But I can't believe this guy is still here so I take the easiest choice a GM ever made I Take Demarco Murray Over Shane Vereen, The Ultimate No brainer of all time. This is all he did at the same school Adrian Peterson came from, 5,256 yards rushing and receptions, 71 catches out of the backfield Senior Year! Plus another 1462 yards in Returns for a total of 8,180 Yards and 65 total touchdowns!!! Oh and he ran a 4.41 40 and he's 227 pounds.

And we took Shane Vereen over him it's not comprehensible.

And with the 60th pick I take Randall Cobb, Crazy all around athlete Great return guy may be a very good reciever someday.

Draft recap Kerrigan 15th, Brooks Reed, 33rd over Ras-I, Demarco 56th over Vereen, 60th R cobb, And still pick up Cannon in the 5th round.