Author Topic: Anybody else lose the Bs feed and get switched to Sux game?  (Read 10506 times)

Re: Anybody else lose the Bs feed and get switched to Sux game?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sox are top banana in the town.  Its pretty much always been that way.  They draw in more casual fans and even the non-sports fan.  The bandwagon there has been much larger than either of the Boston winter sports teams. There's a reason the media tends to focus more on them than the other teams in the area; readers, viewers, and listeners are more demanding of it.  No matter the outlet, they are driven to what the masses want. 

#2 in the town has changed over the years.  I think you could make strong cases for the Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots all taking spins at #2.  Right now, its gotta be the Pats.  Hasn't always been that way, though. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Luckily, no.  I would have been ripped if that happened.

Yup, very unhappy 
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I was actually at Turks and Caicos Islands in the Caribbean when watching Game 1 of the Celtics.  The resort was absolutely filled with Canadians, especially Montreal Canadians and the Montreal vs. Capitals game was going at the same time.  Fortunately for me, their game was on Versus and the resort didnt have Versus, but for a while we had about 15-20 Canadians around the bar watching the bottom line for updates on the game that went to overtime.  I felt bad but a Garnet dunk would get me all pumped up.  I was the only guy jumping around for the Celtics.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
fwiw, i had the sox on nesnplus. i watched the game on nesnplus in my living room for most of the nite, retired to my bedroom as the nite went on. for whatever reason, picture was fine in my bedroom, but was haywire in my bedroom. picture was jumpy. instead of pitcher being in the center of the screen, he was on the extreme right. all other channels were fine.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
TP back at you, C60s.   That's completely unacceptable.  Of course, when the network is 80% owned by the Red Sox (and 20% owned by the Bruins), I guess it's easy to see where their loyalties lie.

Up here in Maine, the game was actually broadcast on two stations, one showing the NESN feed and the other the Canadian hockey broadcast.  I chose the NESN stream, but next time, I'll go with the Canadian station.  If NESN is going to screw its loyal Bruins fans, I'll take my viewership elsewhere.

Actually NESN didn't screw most of its loyal Bruins fans, because I had the whole game on NESN and wasn't switched over to the Sox, and the Sox were on NESN Plus for me.

What cable provider was this on?  Watching both games at my apt. on Comcast, and the Bruins game didn't get switched.  NESN aired the B's and NESN Plus aired the Sox with no issues.  Sounds like the cable provider set it by the time on the guide, which indicated the program should end at 10, then automatically flipped NESN plus programming back to NESN.  That's not NESN's fault, in all likelihood...sounds like the cable provider?

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP back at you, C60s.   That's completely unacceptable.  Of course, when the network is 80% owned by the Red Sox (and 20% owned by the Bruins), I guess it's easy to see where their loyalties lie.

Up here in Maine, the game was actually broadcast on two stations, one showing the NESN feed and the other the Canadian hockey broadcast.  I chose the NESN stream, but next time, I'll go with the Canadian station.  If NESN is going to screw its loyal Bruins fans, I'll take my viewership elsewhere.

Actually NESN didn't screw most of its loyal Bruins fans, because I had the whole game on NESN and wasn't switched over to the Sox, and the Sox were on NESN Plus for me.

What cable provider was this on?  Watching both games at my apt. on Comcast, and the Bruins game didn't get switched.  NESN aired the B's and NESN Plus aired the Sox with no issues.  Sounds like the cable provider set it by the time on the guide, which indicated the program should end at 10, then automatically flipped NESN plus programming back to NESN.  That's not NESN's fault, in all likelihood...sounds like the cable provider?

Good insight, CDawg. It was Comcast, and when the change took place, the guide came on at the bottom of the screen saying "Red Sox Postgame". I will take it up with Comcast....TP4u

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Good insight, CDawg. It was Comcast, and when the change took place, the guide came on at the bottom of the screen saying "Red Sox Postgame". I will take it up with Comcast....TP4u

And it had to be a local Comcast affiliate, since that did not happen to me, and I have comcast as well.

My guess is they will give you a credit on your account or something, if you complain enough.  They are ussually pretty good at that.