Author Topic: Patriots 2010 Regular Season  (Read 162078 times)

Re: Patriots 2010 Regular Season
« Reply #885 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Question for Pat's fans, for a guy like Wilfork whose position isnt judged by stats, what is the factor in him making the hall of fame.  Right now he is a 3 time pro bowler and 2 time second team all pro.  Does he need a couple first team all pro's to make the HOF?  The only issue is their really arent many Nose Tackles now with many teams in the 4-3, so that may be why he isnt getting the all pro consideration, I dunno.

Don't really know, but if he continues to play the way he has, he should be First Team, (he should have already, IMHO) ... a couple of Super Bowl rings wouldn't hurt, either. ;) He's an awesome NT, and I hope he makes it into the HOF.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #886 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Question for Pat's fans, for a guy like Wilfork whose position isnt judged by stats, what is the factor in him making the hall of fame.  Right now he is a 3 time pro bowler and 2 time second team all pro.  Does he need a couple first team all pro's to make the HOF?  The only issue is their really arent many Nose Tackles now with many teams in the 4-3, so that may be why he isnt getting the all pro consideration, I dunno.
Its really random, some great defensive linemen make it easily. (Dan Hampton) Others struggle mightily to make it (Richard Dent).

Even with a good amount of pro bowls, all-pro, and championships....

« Reply #887 on: January 12, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
By the way, easily for a defensive lineman like Hampton is 7th year of eligibility. Which is absolutely ridiculous.....

QB/WR/RB  :(

I dread the day that fantasy football begins to influence HoF selections like it has team evaluation.

« Reply #888 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
By the way, easily for a defensive lineman like Hampton is 7th year of eligibility. Which is absolutely ridiculous.....

I dread the day that fantasy football begins to influence HoF selections like it has team evaluation.

Ya I dunno, I have a feeling that your right and with the advent of fantasy football its going to be like the Baseball HOF where reaching certain stat plateau's is the key to getting into the hall.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #889 on: January 12, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Ya I dunno, I have a feeling that your right and with the advent of fantasy football its going to be like the Baseball HOF where reaching certain stat plateau's is the key to getting into the hall.
Modern Era:
27 RB/FB
23 QBs
21 WRs
7 TE (Mostly pass catching TEs)
35 Offensive Linemen
28 Defensive Linemen
20 Linebackers
21 Defensive Backs
3 Kickers (only one who was only a kicker)

By side of the ball:
116 Offensive Players
69 Defensive Players
1 Special Teams Player

Considering how hugely important special teams play is only having 1 kicker is a joke. The Chargers lost the AFC West because their punt team and return coverage teams were among the worst in league history. The Bears probably miss the playoffs if not for their excellent special teams.

Defensive players similarly get the shaft compared to the offensive side of the ball. I believe the hall is trying to address some of this, but I have my doubts they will as fantasy football becomes more and more the dominant way people watch the game. Source

« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2011, 08:23:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Fred Smerlas brings this up on WEEI all the time....there is not a nose tackle in the NFL Hall of Fame.

« Reply #891 on: January 15, 2011, 02:46:38 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm glad that Brady doesn't get drawn into all this pre-game trash-talking business ... he does most of his talking on the field, and I think that's where it belongs. The "gesturing" he's accused of is pretty minor stuff, but I like to see that emotion on the field.

Like Mike Greenberg said this morning, (who is a huge Jets fan), when comparing the celebrating Tom does to players like T.O. and Sanders, when Brady celebrates, he's doing it as "us", (meaning for the team), and those other guys are doing it for themselves alone.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #892 on: January 15, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Scored tix to the game tomorrow. Can not wait!!!!

« Reply #893 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Wow, that's awesome.  Have fun!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #894 on: January 15, 2011, 01:55:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Wow, that's awesome.  Have fun!
Thanks Roy!!! Tailgating starts early. Should be a long and crazy day.

« Reply #895 on: January 16, 2011, 05:32:16 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Eleven hours to kickoff ... can't wait!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZsz3L9h5Fw

Enjoy.

:)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #896 on: January 16, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Thread for post-season Pats talk:  2010 Pats Post-Season Thread

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes