Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 956499 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3495 on: April 10, 2023, 08:58:12 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Creed 3. Solid movie.

Liked the story and acting was good.

Didn't love the editing and some special effects choices. Some times things feel rushed other times it feels drawn out. It even happens at the same time in certain scenes. There is still more good than bad.

3.5 out of 5.

I finally saw it. I might give it a 3.

I appreciate they didn't kill Rocky off but the film needed him.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3496 on: April 11, 2023, 05:22:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just saw the Dungeons & Dragons film. Fun entertainment set in a cool environment with a nice variation of characters. Nothing groundbreaking, but lots of fun
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3497 on: April 11, 2023, 06:28:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Planet of the Apes 1968

« Reply #3498 on: April 11, 2023, 08:31:16 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Saw Air yesterday....FANTASTIC
Damon should get an Oscar nomination as should Viola Davis

« Reply #3499 on: April 11, 2023, 09:35:13 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022) pretty awful movie, one of A24’s worst.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 04:44:45 PM by perks-a-beast »

« Reply #3500 on: April 11, 2023, 09:45:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just finished Avatar - Way of Water.  streaming kept buffering so an already-long movie of 3:14 took me about an extra hour to get through.   good movie but could have cut 45 minute easily.

« Reply #3501 on: April 11, 2023, 11:45:36 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Planet of the Apes 1968

You [dang] dirty ....
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3502 on: April 16, 2023, 04:44:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Finally got around to seeing "Air." It's just as good as everyone is saying it is. I wasn't that excited to see it considering I don't care about Jordan or Nike, but I was on the edge of my seat for two hours. 8.8/10

« Reply #3503 on: April 16, 2023, 08:58:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
finally saw Everything, Everywhere All at Once.   convoluted mess.  no idea how it got any awards.  Really wanted to like it but just could not get into it.

« Reply #3504 on: April 17, 2023, 07:47:44 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
finally saw Everything, Everywhere All at Once.   convoluted mess.  no idea how it got any awards.  Really wanted to like it but just could not get into it.

Completely agree. First movie i walked out of before the end in a LONG time. Should not have won best picture in what I thought was actually a pretty good movie year. Will never understand the hype.

« Reply #3505 on: April 17, 2023, 09:45:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Completely agree. First movie i walked out of before the end in a LONG time. Should not have won best picture in what I thought was actually a pretty good movie year. Will never understand the hype.
I don't get it either.  really wanted to like it and will give them credit for not making another retread movie but it really needed to be tightened up a lot.

my wife watched it with me and actually said that if we had gone to see this in the theater, we'd have gotten up and walked out.  (we've only done that once before -- Batman and Robin)

« Reply #3506 on: April 17, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't get it either.  really wanted to like it and will give them credit for not making another retread movie but it really needed to be tightened up a lot.

my wife watched it with me and actually said that if we had gone to see this in the theater, we'd have gotten up and walked out.  (we've only done that once before -- Batman and Robin)

I thought it was interesting and different.  Overall, I guess I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't give it rave reviews.

I don't understand any of the best acting nods for the film.  None were particularly special to me.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3507 on: April 17, 2023, 10:16:42 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

I thought it was interesting and different.  Overall, I guess I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't give it rave reviews.

I don't understand any of the best acting nods for the film.  None were particularly special to me.

Jamie Lee Curtis winning best supporting actress was odd to say the least - I didn't find here role in that to be anything special, and she wasn't even in that much of the film. I thought Kerry Condon should have won for "Banshees Of Inisherin." She was fantastic in that.

« Reply #3508 on: April 17, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Jamie Lee Curtis winning best supporting actress was odd to say the least - I didn't find here role in that to be anything special, and she wasn't even in that much of the film. I thought Kerry Condon should have won for "Banshees Of Inisherin." She was fantastic in that.
I thought she was really good in that role. 

« Reply #3509 on: May 20, 2023, 01:19:11 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Watched the new version of White Men Can't Jump.

Terrible.  None of the charm of the original, not funny, and no real chemistry with the actors.

Only very loosely based on the first one, has its own plot (which I can appreciate, don't need a shot for shot remake), but so loosely based, it could have been its own movie.  But if it wasn't titled "White Men Can't Jump" I never would have watched it to begin with, so I get why they do that, because it works.

A couple of quick visual references to the first movie (the outdoor courts, Rosie Perez/Woody Harrelson car kiss, Wesley Snipes hat) are the only things that tie the original and remake together. No other callbacks or cameos or anything besides the very loose plot outline (wish we got some kind of Raymond / Marques Johnson reference or cameo.  Our boy Blake Griffin gets a cameo though).

Don't waste your time with this one.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class