Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 956435 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3435 on: September 04, 2022, 11:33:50 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tomorrow, I'm going to see JAWS in IMAX.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3436 on: September 04, 2022, 11:43:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Lightyear.  It was ok.  5 year old watched the whole thing though, so that must mean something.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3437 on: October 09, 2022, 06:44:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hocus Pocus 2.  wasn't a fan of the first one but saw them shooting the movie in a couple of sites in RI including my home town.  Movie was worse than the first but the one thing my wife and I enjoyed in the movie was playing the  "I know where that is" game when we knew the location of the scene.  even though the movie info doesn't mention shooting in East Providence (my home town), I knew they had filmed there in one of the cemeteries.  sure enough, picked out the cemetery and church in the background.

« Reply #3438 on: October 10, 2022, 03:05:38 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Saint Maud.  Horror movie from a year or two ago.  Pretty slow early on, but the end is nuts.  Worth a watch if you like psychological and/or occult horror.

« Reply #3439 on: October 10, 2022, 07:27:57 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Saint Maud.  Horror movie from a year or two ago.  Pretty slow early on, but the end is nuts.  Worth a watch if you like psychological and/or occult horror.

Morfydd Clark was supposed to be really good in this, I've been looking forward to watching it. She's meant to have given a really spooky performance.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3440 on: October 10, 2022, 08:08:56 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Hocus Pocus 2.  wasn't a fan of the first one but saw them shooting the movie in a couple of sites in RI including my home town.  Movie was worse than the first but the one thing my wife and I enjoyed in the movie was playing the  "I know where that is" game when we knew the location of the scene.  even though the movie info doesn't mention shooting in East Providence (my home town), I knew they had filmed there in one of the cemeteries.  sure enough, picked out the cemetery and church in the background.

A friend of mine worked on set construction for that film, and he said they only had to build a set for one scene, with the rest being shot on location.  Haven’t seen it yet, but there’s definitely a lot of opportunity for the “I know where that is” game.

« Reply #3441 on: October 10, 2022, 08:18:50 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Hush on Netflix Was awesome..came out in 2016..Last seen Alive was good..also watch Peanut Butter Falcon, very good nice movie
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3442 on: October 10, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just saw Where the Crawdads Sing.   not bad.  a little slow.   

« Reply #3443 on: October 10, 2022, 04:41:31 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Saw Maverick in the theater. Really liked it. I took it for what it is- an action movie. Tom Cruise is a nut and these movies tend to have cringy nationalist fetishism. That being said, I like when things go fast and the flight sequences were exciting. No need to overanalyze this one- it was a fast paced good time.

« Reply #3444 on: October 10, 2022, 04:42:39 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Hush on Netflix Was awesome..came out in 2016..Last seen Alive was good..also watch Peanut Butter Falcon, very good nice movie

PB Falcon is one of the best movies of the last 10 years. Very charming and makes you feel good.

« Reply #3445 on: October 10, 2022, 04:52:32 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Saw Maverick in the theater. Really liked it. I took it for what it is- an action movie. Tom Cruise is a nut and these movies tend to have cringy nationalist fetishism. That being said, I like when things go fast and the flight sequences were exciting. No need to overanalyze this one- it was a fast paced good time.

I started watching Fast and the Furious 9 and it's cringy how devoid of common sense the movie is. I mean, they are straight up shooting point blank at a guy and he doesn't get shot, but you can make some car move a piece hooks up to the tire so he can swing from one end to another. Anyway, the movie still has good music and has action so as long as you don't take anything in the movie seriously, you can find it entertaining.

It's like watching a Paw Patrols movie where things don't have to make sense but as long as the story flows and it's entertaining, it's all good. I thought Maverick was way better in the story telling than that but it was a lot more entertaining.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3446 on: October 16, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Watched Halloween Ends at the drive-in last night.

As a follow-up to the last two movies it doesn't make any sense. As a movie on its own I just didn't care. Didn't care about the guy, didn't care about Laurie's granddaughter, and they inexplicably rewrote what had been interesting about Laurie.

At least the last one was fun.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3447 on: October 16, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
New Hellraiser movie was actually pretty good
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3448 on: October 20, 2022, 11:33:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Watched Rise.  It is pretty sad how Giannis and family was treated, but overall a nice movie.

As an aside, you forget how bad that draft was until you hear all of the names being called in a row.  And I was really hoping that "Dallas" would take Giannis instead of KO.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3449 on: November 15, 2022, 09:39:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
All Quiet On The Western Front.

A+ at portraying the horrors of war, the brutality of WWI in particular.

B- at portraying the humanity of Paul and his unit.  There are some good moments of this, but on balance I think the movie slightly de emphasized character building — particularly compared to the book — in favor of visceral war scenes. 

It’s a good movie, but it’s hard to have the impact of the novel, which is in the pantheon of great war novels.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes