Author Topic: Pats vs Titans (10/18)  (Read 24453 times)

Re: Pats vs Titans (10/18)
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Stupid taunting foul ... really no class whatsoever. Spoils a great win.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 07:13:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Throwing on first down from the 50 yard line with 5 minutes left.  The Pats might think they need to get their "swagger" back, but that type of classlessness is what ends up getting your players hurt.  Opposing players will be that much more tempted to take cheap shots.
This is one of the reasons I don't think the Pats offense in 07-08 was truly better than the Colts in 2004. The Colts called off the dogs a lot sooner than the Pats ever did.

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Titans got the benefit of a bad call there ... that was, without a doubt, a safety.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 07:19:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Glad to Benjarvis Green-Ellis out there today.  Love the way he runs it.
Yup

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Titans got the benefit of a bad call there ... that was, without a doubt, a safety.

You must be a hardcore fan to complain about a call in a 59-0 game. Bill Belichick is the biggest jerk in the world. I remember a game in 2006 where it was the same type of blowout against the titans, and he has the audacity to put in Vinny to throw a pointless TD just so he'll have a TD every year for 20 years.

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Throwing on first down from the 50 yard line with 5 minutes left.  The Pats might think they need to get their "swagger" back, but that type of classlessness is what ends up getting your players hurt.  Opposing players will be that much more tempted to take cheap shots.
This is one of the reasons I don't think the Pats offense in 07-08 was truly better than the Colts in 2004. The Colts called off the dogs a lot sooner than the Pats ever did.

07-08 Pats offense best ever no question.  Brian Hoyer throwing passes isn't classless.  The guy was an undrafted free agent who is getting in his first game.  Its smart to get your backup some experience.  And he was throwing to Edelmen and Aiken for the most part.  And he also wasnt really throwing bombs, he was throwing under 10 yard routes the whole time wasnt he?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
I enjoy the fact that welker pushed hoyer to the ground.
;D
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Two things:

1) its the back up Quarterback and offense. Yes, welker is on the field, but that's because we don't have 8 WR's. It does no good to make him hand off every down. He needs reps, and that means running the regular offense.

You don't see the garbage time lineup for us taking 24 second violations to avoid hurting the other teams feelings do you?

If tom and the first unit was on the field, i would agree with you. Color me unimpressed with this part of the argument.

2) I am so sick and tired of this pop warner football mentality. Simms actually had the cojnes to say that we might want to think about taking tom out once we went up 38-0 in the first half.

Here's a thought, mabey the Titans defense could attempt to show up. You laced them up, how about playing a few downs on defense?

The level to which I'm supposed to "feel sorry" for athletes making millions of dollars getting thier ego's bruised is ridiculous.

The patriots handled this game just fine. They beat up on a team, pulled thier starting offense early in the third quarter, and commenced letting thier backup QB get some reps in against a NFL defense instead of the practice squad.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

You must be a hardcore fan to complain about a call in a 59-0 game. Bill Belichick is the biggest jerk in the world. I remember a game in 2006 where it was the same type of blowout against the titans, and he has the audacity to put in Vinny to throw a pointless TD just so he'll have a TD every year for 20 years.

at what point was bill classless here?

He pulled his starting offense in the beginning of the third quarter and put his bench in.

The only possable thing anyone could nitpick for being classless was going for it on fourth down at the ten, and that's a lose/lose situation.

If he goes for it, and gets a TD, he's classless.

If he kicks the FG, he's classless.

What do you want him to do, take a knee with 2 minutes left in the third quarter on 4th and six to make sure the titans self esteem remains intact?

honestly people. I expect to see this same level of outrage in game threads this year when we're up 30 and the bench unit is running plays and not taking 24 second violations with under 4 minutes left.

After all, why do they have to be so classless and attempt to play the game at the expense of the other teams feelings of self worth?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
They were saying in the post game following the 07-08 season Fischer took shots a Bellicheck for running up the score during the season and they said basically it may be a "BB doesnt forget" situation
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

Two things:

1) its the back up Quarterback and offense. Yes, welker is on the field, but that's because we don't have 8 WR's. It does no good to make him hand off every down. He needs reps, and that means running the regular offense.

You don't see the garbage time lineup for us taking 24 second violations to avoid hurting the other teams feelings do you?

If tom and the first unit was on the field, i would agree with you. Color me unimpressed with this part of the argument.

2) I am so sick and tired of this pop warner football mentality. Simms actually had the cojnes to say that we might want to think about taking tom out once we went up 38-0 in the first half.

Here's a thought, mabey the Titans defense could attempt to show up. You laced them up, how about playing a few downs on defense?

The level to which I'm supposed to "feel sorry" for athletes making millions of dollars getting thier ego's bruised is ridiculous.

The patriots handled this game just fine. They beat up on a team, pulled thier starting offense early in the third quarter, and commenced letting thier backup QB get some reps in against a NFL defense instead of the practice squad.

Typical Belichick fan.

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Throwing from the 50 yard line on first down with a 59 point lead is classless.  Period.

Every other team in the league would run it on first and second down, and *maybe* throw it on third down.  I just think it's showing the other team up to throw on first down that late in the game, with that big of a lead.

Somehow, I think if another team was throwing the ball downfield with the Pats down by 59, people wouldn't be quite so cool with it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2009, 07:29:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
They were saying in the post game following the 07-08 season Fischer took shots a Bellicheck for running up the score during the season and they said basically it may be a "BB doesnt forget" situation

Classless once, classless always, I guess.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Agree to disagree Roy, Personally I see value in letting Hoyer get those reps, regardless of situation you know?  I see that this may come back to help us later on down the road so in a situation if Brady goes down later in the season you have a guy that has played against a first team defense.  Hoyer is our only backup QB, the guy needs some reps and every other game this year has been very close.

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

Actually its was 2006-2007. I still remember that game. Its was a blowout with less than a minute (I think) and vinny was in for Tom. And they kept throwing it until Vinny got his lone TD of the season. Belichick always been a jerk