Author Topic: 2008 CB Draft, Best Picks by Round  (Read 20091 times)

Re: 2008 CB Draft, Best Picks by Round
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I have yet to be mentioned in either the worst or best moves section, I guess that means my team was average.

The real world needs Milwaukee Bucks or Philadelphia 76ers too ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Worst pick predictions round 5

Rondo2287: Joe Alexander
KCatthestripe: Bassy Telfair
Bigalthefuture: Steve Francis

You gotta throw in Eddy Curry too. 3 games and 12 minutes!

I don't know about Bassy and Alexander though.  Bassy played decent and Alexander isn't a bad pick for a team building for the future.  But Curry and Francis are definitely wastes of picks.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:07:52 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I have yet to be mentioned in either the worst or best moves section, I guess that means my team was average.

Haha! good burn. Just to remind you I had Dwight Howard and Steve Nash on a running team and was voted the number two team in the West. Don't mean to seem defensive but you did burn me pretty bad.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:41 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'll admit to not "getting" it last year.  I'm just hear to help make some picks if my superior is not around this year.  No decision making really.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the subjectiveness of this thing.  I tossed around a few ideas to add a salary and contract element to this draft, but it's too much of a headache, and they really only seem to be important factors to me.  No biggy, I don't mind just checking in and doing a little admin. stuff.

Redz, I hope the tongue and cheek nature of my comment came across. I'm also somebody who had a hard time getting my bearings, knowing how to gauge public perception, and figuring out how to convince my competitors of my draft saavy.

Also, let me be the first to get on board with a 2010 salary cap!

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll admit to not "getting" it last year.  I'm just hear to help make some picks if my superior is not around this year.  No decision making really.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the subjectiveness of this thing.  I tossed around a few ideas to add a salary and contract element to this draft, but it's too much of a headache, and they really only seem to be important factors to me.  No biggy, I don't mind just checking in and doing a little admin. stuff.

Redz, I hope the tongue and cheek nature of my comment came across. I'm also somebody who had a hard time getting my bearings, knowing how to gauge public perception, and figuring out how to convince my competitors of my draft saavy.

Brad Miller called again. He said if the dominos guy comes, just pay him and run the pizza up to his room. He'll totally pay us tomorrow.

I agree a salary cap would be an excellent idea.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
With a cap, the youngins would go very quick.  I do not oppose however.

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I agree with the salary cap idea, although I wouldn't be the one monitoring it so it's really up to the mods. I guess it really would only come into effect after the 7-10th round.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Haha! good burn. Just to remind you I had Dwight Howard and Steve Nash on a running team and was voted the number two team in the West. Don't mean to seem defensive but you did burn me pretty bad.

haha not meaning to offend I actually had problems thinking of the most middle of the road teams I could... Anyone could just throw out a Memphis or Charlotte as being awful, I wanted the exact middle haha
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Brad Miller called again. He said if the dominos guy comes, just pay him and run the pizza up to his room. He'll totally pay us tomorrow.

I agree a salary cap would be an excellent idea.

Did I imagine that you said something about Brad Miller in there? I was almost positive you did.

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The way I see a salary cap working is that each pick is assigned a monetary value..ie the first pick of the draft is paid the most, the last pick the least. We couldn't use existing salaries.

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The way I see a salary cap working is that each pick is assigned a monetary value..ie the first pick of the draft is paid the most, the last pick the least. We couldn't use existing salaries.

It'll be a logistical nightmare for whoever runs it.

I like the concept, though and a valuation system was something I was considering for this year. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I like the concept, though and a valuation system was something I was considering for this year. 

Oh my god it would be terrible. You'd need someone constantly updating a spreadsheet

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 03:26:54 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

Or take salaries of every team in the leauge, add it all up, divide by 30.  That is the payroll.  We then draft taking into account how much each player makes that upcoming year.

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Oh my god it would be terrible. You'd need someone constantly updating a spreadsheet

And even just making the spreadsheet would take forever..and the trades...woof.

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Absolutely did Wiggles.   ;)

No worries here.  If I dish em I have to be prepared to take em.
Yup