Author Topic: All-female broadcast team for Celtics v Pistons on Mon 3/18  (Read 17970 times)

Re: All-female broadcast team for Celtics v Pistons on Mon 3/18
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2024, 07:06:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I like the the way they talked , easy to turn off or listen, not dominant voices.  I like we think communication comments opposed to,  we re the experts and this is how it is …..yeah yeah ….it gets old being told how we should view the the game .  Tommy had authority and earned it . , rest of the guys meh ….just running they r mouths like a non stop radio bad  broadcast .

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2024, 08:31:54 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Zora Stephenson is good at calling the game but less good at drawing her cohosts out.  Specifically they never found an opportunity for Carrington to get a word in edgewise, which is a shame because the few comments she did make demonstrated the best basketball knowledge of the group. 

I watch most national broadcasts on mute and never reached for that button during this game though, for what that's worth.  They were fine.

I generally agree about Stephenson.  I thought her play-by-play was solid.  I think it would have worked better if there were only one other person with her calling the game, instead of two.  Three can be a crowd, especially when none of them had worked together before.

Agreed.  I remember the three-man crew one of the national broadcasts used to do, with Breen trying to keep the group on task while JVG and Mark Jackson bickered and talked over each other.  A mess.
Yeah, just a play-by-play caller and a color announcer would have been better, but they did okay.  Carrington didn't say too much and generally I didn't hear deep insights from anyone. I think this team needs reps, simple as that.

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2024, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Listened to the pistons feed instead. I pay for league pass, not a social experiment.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2024, 01:00:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Zora Stephenson is good at calling the game but less good at drawing her cohosts out.  Specifically they never found an opportunity for Carrington to get a word in edgewise, which is a shame because the few comments she did make demonstrated the best basketball knowledge of the group. 

I watch most national broadcasts on mute and never reached for that button during this game though, for what that's worth.  They were fine.

I generally agree about Stephenson.  I thought her play-by-play was solid.  I think it would have worked better if there were only one other person with her calling the game, instead of two.  Three can be a crowd, especially when none of them had worked together before.

Agreed.  I remember the three-man crew one of the national broadcasts used to do, with Breen trying to keep the group on task while JVG and Mark Jackson bickered and talked over each other.  A mess.
Yeah, just a play-by-play caller and a color announcer would have been better, but they did okay.  Carrington didn't say too much and generally I didn't hear deep insights from anyone. I think this team needs reps, simple as that.

It was better than listening to Doris.

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2024, 05:50:26 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think the lack of chemistry between the three was evident, but that generally going to be the case when you're calling a game together for the first time. Otherwise it was a solid broadcast.

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2024, 05:58:48 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I think the lack of chemistry between the three was evident, but that generally going to be the case when you're calling a game together for the first time. Otherwise it was a solid broadcast.

I generally watch with sound off but I did listen for a good while.  I think I agree with you - an understandable lack of chemistry but a lot of positive energy.

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2024, 10:13:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Listened to the pistons feed instead. I pay for league pass, not a social experiment.

Lol TP
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2024, 02:26:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

I generally watch with sound off but I did listen for a good while.  I think I agree with you - an understandable lack of chemistry but a lot of positive energy.

It was more they stumbled over some transitions, or would make a joke the other two didn't get immediately. Abbey was clearly much in tune with what "Celtics Twitter" would understand, but the Suns player Carrington didn't get those sort of references.  They also overran some add reads a few times.

But overall did I find it much different than Scal/Mike? Not incredibly so. It was the unusual broadcast, the usual "basketball-isms" like hustle, win the possession game, ect ect. Scal/Mike two clearly have a lot more chemistry, so its a little more smooth.

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2024, 09:07:24 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731

Thank You for telling the truth so I didn't have to say it and then endure being called a backward rube from Tennessee.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce