Author Topic: Bruins vs. The Whale Series Thread  (Read 16907 times)

Re: Bruins vs. The Whale Series Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hairy last minute

Gotta love playoff OT!
Yup

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
poopies
Yup

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Tough loss
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
A couple of great saves by Thomas, and a much needed goal on the other end for a 2-0 lead.  Go, Bs!  Now, it's time to switch over to the Celts full-time until halftime.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Sweet!  The Bruins score, and are nice enough to do it on a commercial break.  3-0.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Scott Walker not suspended for Game 6 after his punch of Aaron Ward.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina Hurricanes forward Scott Walker was fined $2,500 but will not be suspended by the NHL for throwing a punch that may have broken a bone in Boston defenseman Aaron Ward's face.

Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford told The Associated Press on Monday that the automatic suspension given to Walker was rescinded during a hearing with league disciplinarian Colin Campbell. It was determined that the hit was not a "sucker punch."

Tempers flared in the final minutes of Boston's 4-0 victory Sunday in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals when Ward and Carolina's Matt Cullen began shoving in front of the Bruins' net. Walker skated in and hit Ward with a right cross, and was given a misconduct, a fighting major and an instigator penalty.

Pretty b.s. if you ask me. If you look at the video, its pretty clear that Ward had no idea it was coming. Some reports have Ward incurring a broken orbital bone. If that's the case, you gotta think he's gone for the playoffs.  With Ference and Hunwick out and Chara at less than 100%, the B's are dangerously think at defensemen right now.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:11:56 PM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLnEDFaDEdA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Scott Walker not suspended for Game 6 after his punch of Aaron Ward.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina Hurricanes forward Scott Walker was fined $2,500 but will not be suspended by the NHL for throwing a punch that may have broken a bone in Boston defenseman Aaron Ward's face.

Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford told The Associated Press on Monday that the automatic suspension given to Walker was rescinded during a hearing with league disciplinarian Colin Campbell. It was determined that the hit was not a "sucker punch."

Tempers flared in the final minutes of Boston's 4-0 victory Sunday in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals when Ward and Carolina's Matt Cullen began shoving in front of the Bruins' net. Walker skated in and hit Ward with a right cross, and was given a misconduct, a fighting major and an instigator penalty.

Pretty b.s. if you ask me. If you look at the video, its pretty clear that Ward had no idea it was coming. Some reports have Ward incurring a broken orbital bone. If that's the case, you gotta think he's gone for the playoffs.  With Ferrence and Hundwick out and Chara at less than 100%, the B's are dangerously think at defensemen right now.

$2500 doesn't even constitute a slap on the wrist. 

Unbelievable.

I know hockey's hockey and basketball's basketball, but Rafer gets 1 game for a slap at the back of the head and this guy gets zilch for a vicious bunch.
Yup

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good news on the Bruins front (for all those planning on channel surfing or checking the Crackberry for updates while at the C's ).  Aaron Ward will play tonight. 

Aaron Ward, who is sporting a purple bruise under his left eye, spoke this morning for the first time since taking a punch from Scott Walker in the third period of Game 5.

"It's a joke. It's honestly a joke," Ward said of the situation.

Ward, who will play tonight, said he was tussling with Matt Cullen prior to Walker's punch. According to Ward, Cullen had slashed him across the legs. Ward was telling Cullen he didn't like the slash when Walker came in with a punch. Ward said he didn't see Walker and never exchanged any words with him.

"I don't remember a single word being said," Ward said of the exchange between he and Walker. "I was looking at Matt Cullen. The moment I saw his right hand was when it was about a foot away from my face."

Ward said a team doctor saw "something" on an X-ray and advised him to wear a shield.

"I haven't worn one in 16 years," Ward said. "I'm not going to start now."

Ward said he never spoke with Colin Campbell about the incident.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Good news on the Bruins front (for all those planning on channel surfing or checking the Crackberry for updates while at the C's ).  Aaron Ward will play tonight. 

Aaron Ward, who is sporting a purple bruise under his left eye, spoke this morning for the first time since taking a punch from Scott Walker in the third period of Game 5.

"It's a joke. It's honestly a joke," Ward said of the situation.

Ward, who will play tonight, said he was tussling with Matt Cullen prior to Walker's punch. According to Ward, Cullen had slashed him across the legs. Ward was telling Cullen he didn't like the slash when Walker came in with a punch. Ward said he didn't see Walker and never exchanged any words with him.

"I don't remember a single word being said," Ward said of the exchange between he and Walker. "I was looking at Matt Cullen. The moment I saw his right hand was when it was about a foot away from my face."

Ward said a team doctor saw "something" on an X-ray and advised him to wear a shield.

"I haven't worn one in 16 years," Ward said. "I'm not going to start now."

Ward said he never spoke with Colin Campbell about the incident.

"It's a joke...", was more about the NHL's way of taking care of the situation.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I hope the reason they didn't suspend Walker was because the league decided it was too cowardly a play to now allow the B's to teach him a lesson themselves. 

Now, if the B's retaliate tonight, and the refs don't give them the benefit of the doubt, I think the fix is in.

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
2-0 B's halfway through the first.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 07:34:43 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Great start to another big night.  Bruins have gotten their confidence back.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Great start to another big night.  Bruins have gotten their confidence back.

They have gotten their fight back. You can't thank Scott Walker for that.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
It's amazing they lost three games in a row.  Hopefully, that's the only slump they have these playoffs.