Author Topic: The Summitt  (Read 1949 times)

The Summitt
« on: February 06, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Congratulations to Pat Summitt for reaching 1,000 wins.  I've never really had much of an opinion of her personality or coaching style, I don't follow the womens game that much besides my beloved Red Foxes.

But reaching 1,000 wins is an awesome achievement.  She's been the model of excellence at her position for many years. 

It'd be interesting to see what she could do in the mens game.  Let's put her on the BC bench and maybe she could motivate some of the talent they have over there better than Skinner's been able to.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: The Summitt
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
She is quite the coach.  I work with a guy who played football down at Tenn, and he said she one of the scariest women he's ever seen.  He said her presence was KNOWN when she entered a room.  I guess they built her a multimillion dollar house down there and that they do a lot for her.  Though I'd love to see her try out the mens game to see what she could do, I don't think she would ever leave that comfort zone.
do it