Author Topic: Man-genious fired  (Read 9665 times)

Re: Man-genious fired
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
What?!!  They fired Marinelli for going 0-16?  There is no justice in the world!

The way the Lions usually run things, he deserved at least another 3-4 seasons to prove he sucks.

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 11:57:58 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Did anyone see this ending any different for Fredo? I see Cowher being offered an unbelievable amount of money from the Jets

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I do feel bad for Romeo, no offense to Coach Pees, but I'd love to see him back in New England.

We could the whole coaching back together...Romeo, Mangina, and Weis (though ND will probably let him sink with the ship a little more)

We could get the band back together elwood, the band!

We're on a mission from Gad
Yup

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Blow hard, Eric Mangini was fired according to reports out of NYC.

I guess there is a silver lining to the Pats not making the playoffs.

Mangini has to be hating life.  The middle name of one of his kids is Bill, named after Belichick and another kid has Brett as a middle name after Farve.... so aside from being out of a job and disliked in New York, Mangini is reminded every moment he looks at his kids of his two biggest mistakes (ratting out Belichick and signing Farve).

With today's demise of Mangini and Romeo Crennel along with the debacle going on at Notre Dame and the success the Pats had this year without Brady, Coach Bellichick is proving to be the football genius he really is.

SShorefan 3.0 , well put! TP. The branches of his coaching tree have failed miserably. It really highlights how great of a coach BB really is...

Except that he's terrible at coaching coaching. ;)

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well Cowher has already turned down Cleveland. Not that I blame him.

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Just to correct the original Post It's ManGINA..  Not Man Genius.

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
that rat deserves it.
BB has the most secure coaching job in the nfl, and the person that tried to screw him is out.
love it

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I may be a horrible person, but I honestly laughed when I read the headline on espn

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
it was funny - what a joke he is, and what a joke that whole Jets organization is.

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
He wasn't a joke-- just a young coach who made mistakes.  He wasn't quite ready to be a head coach.  He'll get another head coaching job.

And the Jets can pay Cowher 10 million a year and he won't win either until they find a better quarterback.

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

And the Jets can pay Cowher 10 million a year and he won't win either until they find a better quarterback.

This is the key here.  If they had stuck with Pennington, they would likely be sitting at home next week with a first round bye, rather than out of the playoffs.  Like always when Favre is concerned, someone else takes the blame, when he is the one sinking the ship.

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
He wasn't a joke-- just a young coach who made mistakes.  He wasn't quite ready to be a head coach.  He'll get another head coaching job.

I bet it takes him longer than one would expect to get a head coach due to the whole spygate thing.  I could be totally wrong here, but I think Mangini betrayed a trust within the NFL and it will not be looked upon in a positive light.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I bet it takes him longer than one would expect to get a head coach due to the whole spygate thing.  I could be totally wrong here, but I think Mangini betrayed a trust within the NFL and it will not be looked upon in a positive light.

ProFootballTalk.com touched on that very notion this morning and I tend to agree with it.

As i read somewhere, "cats get nine lives, rats only get one"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

He'll either end up in oakland or he'll go coach in the college ranks for awhile.

No coach is going to hire him to be a coordinator. It would be like the mob taking a rat back into the fold.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Mangini will wind up in a major college program.

Sounds like the Jets fired him in the hopes they get another year out of the prince of narcissism.