Author Topic: The anime thread - Rebumped !!!  (Read 17988 times)

Re: The anime thread !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
yea, your good, thats the first one, by the second series he's already zero and he's already formed the black knights.

The second season is called like R2: The second reveolution or something ( i can look it up when i get home.)

your on the right one, series starts with CC getting rescued from that prision truck, and then getting shot and giving Leluch the geass.

Poor C.C, they really play up her immortaility and healing factor, she gets shot, cut up, burned and everything else at an alarming rate.

IT's not easy being an immortal witch somethimes i guess  ;)

EDIT: just to clarify, it ran 2 seasons total for a grand total of 50 episodes. Your on season 1, which should end at episode 25, then thier is a seconed 25 episode season that picks up the story and finshes it.

Death note ..episode 11..this thing is really dark but good one ...no doubts why they ban it in Japan ( i think i made a big mistake reading one main caracter died on wiki)
Code Geass...Episode 11..Yup is pretty pretty good ..but hasnt touch my heart yet
Yugioh5D...Episode 12...Stinks..like most of the other ones but is good to take a break from other serious stuff.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
kind of funny code geass AMV for eddy, no spoilers or anything. I do like how he set it up to make CC look like the chick the singer hates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpu2djgZ5Ro

(this was mostly posted to plant that song in peoples heads for  an hour or so, like it did to me)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
how goes code geass edgar?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
how goes code geass edgar?

I am on it...stucked at 13 i will tell u tomorrow i plan to go all the way to 19 or 20
thanks

I will check the video tomorrow too
long game night... ;D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 10:30:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
because its one of my favorite AMV's of all time, fits the series perfectly and anime fan or not, everyone loves bittersweet symphony. (worst band break up ever, sigh.)

also, i needed a pick me up after tonights loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg5S4Pax3-4

NOTE: if you are an anime fan and you haven't watched this series....i don't know you anymore.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
video before i go home for the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gYIMpXPQs

(and if that looks familiar, thats the anime Spike was ripping off for "afro samurai"

As always, the original is much better :)

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The new Hajime no Ippo series just started a couple of days ago. So, if you haven't seen the original prequel series (75 episodes, 1 OVA, 1 Movie) go do it now. Ippo is a kickass series, cool characters, great boxing action, and the comedy is top notch.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The new Hajime no Ippo series just started a couple of days ago. So, if you haven't seen the original prequel series (75 episodes, 1 OVA, 1 Movie) go do it now. Ippo is a kickass series, cool characters, great boxing action, and the comedy is top notch.

will do bud, i really liked the old series (and the ps2 games are majorly underated boxing games)

Also, for anyone looking for a kick ass short series (only 6 eps, more of a movie than anything) cant go wrong with FLCL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCuyCqKS7w&feature=related

Punk rock girls, giant robots, and aliens, how can you go wrong?

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
now watching code geass season 2, episode 3
seems like theyre selling geass on the supermarket
all have it now....not fun... >:(

Nice to be back!

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

hehe i had almost the exact same thought, Fear not, the thin out over the course of the last season. Honestly it seems more a plot point to show CC has alot more importance than anything else.

How'd you like the end of season 1? i liked it alot, though it threw me for a loop since the first  episode of season 2 doesn't fill you in on what happens till CC shows up again. I was like "did i miss an episode somewhere?"

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

hehe i had almost the exact same thought, Fear not, the thin out over the course of the last season. Honestly it seems more a plot point to show CC has alot more importance than anything else.

How'd you like the end of season 1? i liked it alot, though it threw me for a loop since the first  episode of season 2 doesn't fill you in on what happens till CC shows up again. I was like "did i miss an episode somewhere?"

Yup I reach episode 21 R2 last night
I am really liking it too.
Only 4 episodes to go  :'(
I really liked season one and yes it has a nice ending.  :'(
Nice loops....really nice ones...
I am thinking i will kill Death note after this
and after Deathnote u will have to recommend me the next one.. ;D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
let me know when you finsh and what you want to watch and im sure Bud and I can find something you haven't watched and will enjoy. considering my lack of knowledge on new animes, bud will probley find something for us both :)

Check out those amv's too, i just figure the're pretty much trailers of the art style/ overall theme, and most of em are to good music. (not counting that code geass one to super peppy annoying music i posted to try to get that song stuck in your head )

p.s bud, i plan on signing up for that thing you sent me, just been lazy as hell after work (its blocked from here)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:41:52 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
beasties boys vid, because they are awesome. (also, this might be good for you next if you havent seen it ed. not a deep series, but a good watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4Igv-_1IM&feature=related

and i found this for death note, and thought it was pretty good. most of the songs are dead on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flAZWJo_0E

also, if you just want kinda "wow good fight scene's" show, this isn't bad. but its not going to blow you away you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_BKGlwSt3s
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:44:28 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Alright crowsy, let me know.

For series that started in the winter season, here are the ones that I'm enjoying so far:

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger (already mentioned it)
RideBack
The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of URUK~ (sequel to ~the Aegis of URUK~)
Black God (Kurokami)
Shikabane Hime: Kuro (sequel to Shikabane Hime: Aka) - main character is not the strongest and the VAs and dialogue are not good, but I really like the atmosphere and the plot.

I'm also looking forward to Kemono no Souja Erin, based on a novel by the same author of Seirei no Moribito (the art in that series was amazing).

Edit: Also Asu no Yoichi! is pretty good if you enjoy a harem type of series. I usually don't care for those, but I think this has been fairly fun... but I only recommend it to those that like harem anime.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:21:46 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: The anime thread - Rebumped !!!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito (OVA)

love to see Gueass back
still early to say if i will like this one though

Nice to be back!