Author Topic: Is Matt Cassell turning into Drew Bledsoe?  (Read 7123 times)

Re: Is Matt Cassell turning into Drew Bledsoe?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Let's have a look back at 2001.

Bledsoe goes down, Brady comes in and runs the table to the AFC championship where he gets pummeled and and can't continue vs Pittsburgh.

Hypothetically if 2008 Matt Cassel comes off the bench in that game do the Pats ever win that first Super Bowl title? 

Bledsoe wasn't great in that game, but he held the ship together. 

It's funny the things that will bring us to see guys in a more positive light.  Comparing Cassel to Bledsoe shines some positivity on good ol' Drew.

Besides all that.  Drew, Tuna & Martin gave us all some hope, at a time when the franchise had ZIPPO.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

Watching Cassel's feet move in the pocket I am thinking he compares with Tony Eason.

Bledsoe, changed the face of this franchise, Pats fans should be very thankful for his years here.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

Bledsoe goes down, Brady comes in and runs the table to the AFC championship where he gets pummeled and and can't continue vs Pittsburgh.

Hypothetically if 2008 Matt Cassel comes off the bench in that game do the Pats ever win that first Super Bowl title? 

It's funny the things that will bring us to see guys in a more positive light.  Comparing Cassel to Bledsoe shines some positivity on good ol' Drew.

Besides all that.  Drew, Tuna & Martin gave us all some hope, at a time when the franchise had ZIPPO.

That's confusing me.  How is it positive for Bledsoe?

Anyways, Cassel just has no idea what he is doing in the pocket.  I think that says enough.

There really is no comparison between the two players.

If Cassel was turning into Drew Bledsoe, the fearless leader that turned this franchise around, that would be a very good thing for Patriots fans.

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's confusing me.  How is it positive for Bledsoe?

Anyways, Cassel just has no idea what he is doing in the pocket.  I think that says enough.

There really is no comparison between the two players.

If Cassel was turning into Drew Bledsoe, the fearless leader that turned this franchise around, that would be a very good thing for Patriots fans.

People are hopping to point out the positives of Bledsoe's career in defense off him being compared to Cassel.
Yup