Author Topic: Anyone going to Monday's game in Atlanta?  (Read 3868 times)

Anyone going to Monday's game in Atlanta?
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

Offline tance

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I work in Macon on Monday and should be done in time to get to the game.  My first visit to Philips Arena.  Rather than just get a ticket in a random spot, I figured I should see if anyone on here was going and I could try to get a seat in a Celtics section.  Any suggestions/advice on parking or good sections in Philips greatly appreciated. 

Tance

Re: Anyone going to Monday's game in Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I've been to a few games there. Here is my advice. Stay in the outer suburbs and take the Marta (subway) to the arena. It will take you to the front door. If you try to deal with the traffic, you will be sitting there forever. Especially if the Braves are playing in town that night.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
i'm goin...

goin to my recliner and recline...

wish i could tho...hot atlanta..

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:08:13 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'll be listening for you guys on TV. I hope to hear some booing for bibby at home.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Also, Atlanta is probably the worst sports town in America. There maybe 5,000 regular Hawk fans. Anywhere you sit will have Celtic fans.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:03:45 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
That would be amazing if there were enough C's fans in the audience to continue Bibby's torment on his homecourt, especially after his bandwagon comments. Probably wishful thinking though.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:32:03 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I was considering a last minute trip until I saw how much they want for a plane ticket from Boston to Atlanta Sat/Sun.  The least expensive on Expedia is $850 with 1 stopover.  No Thanks.
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I was considering a last minute trip until I saw how much they want for a plane ticket from Boston to Atlanta Sat/Sun.  The least expensive on Expedia is $850 with 1 stopover.  No Thanks.

Don't know how serious you are, but you could call Airtran, Atlanta is their hub and there are a lot of connecting flights from Boston. I got $350 as the lowest fare on their site, but a lot of times when you call them you can get lower rates, especially if your times are flexible.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline tance

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I have to admit I was bit shocked to discover this thread was my first post since the last Celticsblog reboot.  Anyone think I need to bother reserving a ticket or should I be able to get one at the gate on Monday?

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

Offline bballinlilbetty

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
How is this for dedication...Two of my buddies that attend the University of New Hampshire got tickets and drove all the way down to atlanta for the game...that is dedication my friends