Author Topic: Atlanta is dangerous right now  (Read 12384 times)

Re: Atlanta is dangerous right now
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i dont really find the wiz dirty, just because king james thinks getting fouled hard is awful doesn't make it the gospel.

That foul yesterday was blown waaaayyyyy out of proportion.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
i dont really find the wiz dirty, just because king james thinks getting fouled hard is awful doesn't make it the gospel.

He keeps checking that little boo-boo on his elbow like it's a Purple Heart Medal ... give me a break, LB ... get Mom to give you one of those Sesame Street Band-Aids and move on! (Maybe he should start a support group.)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He keeps checking that little boo-boo on his elbow like it's a Purple Heart Medal ... give me a break, LB ... get Mom to give you one of those Sesame Street Band-Aids and move on! (Maybe he should start a support group.)
Maybe LeBron should go into the post game press conference with a giant bag of ice wrapped to his elbow and have a towel over his head. Oh wait, that didn't work out to well for the last guy that tried that. Nevermind.

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
you guys seem to have a lebron james fixation...

stevenson is running his mouth...jamison acts like he never commits a foul...haywood is throwing elbows like there's no tomorrow...butler is a thug.  i actually give the cav's some credit for showing poise against them.  it's a long-shot that they get by cleveland (i'm guessing the home team will win out in a 7 game series), but the wizards would be non-stop in their attitudes toward the celtics since they owned us this season...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:22 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
How do know that Woodson hasn't instructed them to play like this and to take liberties at trying to remove the GPA from the game or future games?

Gosh, this really reminds me of politics, but I don't want to bring in specifics of stuff that I view as off limits....

Anyone watching the Jazz-Rockets game?  The Jazz are so utterly boring, and always have been -- and I think that is one thing that makes them so dangerous.  Here's hoping that they beat all other teams in the West and then Cs sweep them in the Finals.  In my book that would be almost on par with beating the Fakers in the Finals (not quite, but close).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 06:44:02 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
you guys seem to have a lebron james fixation...

stevenson is running his mouth...jamison acts like he never commits a foul...haywood is throwing elbows like there's no tomorrow...butler is a thug.  i actually give the cav's some credit for showing poise against them.  it's a long-shot that they get by cleveland (i'm guessing the home team will win out in a 7 game series), but the wizards would be non-stop in their attitudes toward the celtics since they owned us this season...

they "owned us" in 3 games, 2 of which weren't true games imo. the third win none of the starters broke 32 minutes, and some played less than 20 (rondo played 15 or so i believe, he had a stomach ache)

the wizards are good, there not this mythical celtics slaying team some have made them out to be in my book.

And i'm sorry, after watching 3 games now, they still don't seem dirty to me. So they talk alot, have you seen our team? I support the chatty cathy's, we have a TON of them. The grass is always greener, im sure wizards fans think pierce, garrnett and perkins run thier mouths alittle bit too.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
this is the playoffs...you take no chances.

besides, they get the next two days to rest.

i know it's been awhile since we've played games that really matter, but the playoffs are played and coached entirely different...it's do or die.  doc is making good decisions.  the last thing that needs to happen is putting the bench in the game and watching a 20 point lead get trimmed down to 10 with, say, 2-3 minutes left to play.

then we'd have a thread started about how stupid doc was, wouldn't we?

I don't care about the rest. I cared about Horford or Smith throwing 'bows or undercutting them or something. Crownsy is dead on with this one. If they cut it to 8-10 we put the big dogs back in for the last couple. No big deal. In fact, I think we could play our second unit the whole game and give them more than they want. These guys would have likley pushed the lead up vs. given it away. I agree in the finals, not against the Hawks in round 1 with some punk rookies trying to prove their men...

oh, we live in this p*ssy society today...what atlanta has done is nothing.  when they pull off a mchale-on-rambis clothesline then let me know.  it's typical playoff basketball...apparently you haven't been watching the cav's/wizards series...

I agree that the fouls weren't that bad, and that they don't compare to the hard playoff fouls of the 80's, but as the series gets on and they realize they are out of it they will start getting worse and worse. If it happens in the first 3 quarters or a close game then fine, but if it happens in the last 5 minutes of a blowout then it should have never even happened. Someone on here pointed out retaliating. All we need it to get guys suspended for standing up for their boys when they should have been cheerleaders at that point. That's all I meant.